First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Appreciate the tip... The Bronco is going to be my first manual and I was disapointed by the lack of trail assist functionality. I've seen some people allude to doing this maneuver manually but hadn't seen it explained fully.
It would be cool if the broncos had something along the lines of a twin stick jeep. Where you can run in fwd only and dig around like that. There could be a programming hack done to the upgraded transfer case down the road. What there system does is basically sense the way you want to turn and drag the inside rear wheel making you pivot. However there could be a issue with momentum loss this way. With the manual you can just slip it into 2wd and floor it while turning and you will pivot around your obstruction. Then back into 4 if needed and away you go. Basically just doing partial donuts and throwing rooster tails. Blissful fun!
Sponsored

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Free to get in, sort of
They were charging $10 to park. But thatā€™s it.
I actually didnā€™t have to pay that.
I got there about 7:40 am and the guy had not got set up yet to collect money
He gave me a thing to put in my window and told me to drive on in.
Nice! Thank you! Thatā€™s what I thought. Just curious.

Reactions: RLW

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would be cool if the broncos had something along the lines of a twin stick jeep. Where you can run in fwd only and dig around like that. There could be a programming hack done to the upgraded transfer case down the road. What there system does is basically sense the way you want to turn and drag the inside rear wheel making you pivot. However there could be a issue with momentum loss this way. With the manual you can just slip it into 2wd and floor it while turning and you will pivot around your obstruction. Then back into 4 if needed and away you go. Basically just doing partial donuts and throwing rooster tails. Blissful fun!
I've also seen "line locks" discussed by some of the pro drivers, I wonder how hard it would be to rig up something like that?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've also seen "line locks" discussed by some of the pro drivers, I wonder how hard it would be to rig up something like that?
Actually not hard at all. They make simple electronic proportioning valves that summit racing sells you just add in your brake lines could easily rig up one for each wheel. Brakes wherever you like. I beleive there are ones that dont required brake input. That would be more involved. I think running front locker only there should be a way engage fwd only in the 4A transfer case, being that there must be some decoupling between front and rear outputs to allow 4A. Since its electronic. Perhaps there is either a hard(wired in) or soft(programming) patch that can control it.

Oh the fun we will have with these things when we pay them off.

ManOfValor

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. The technology is real and it works. Works very well.

I was under the belief that many of the advertised technologies were gimmicks and wouldnā€™t really be useful.

Specifically the trail turn assist. I know we have all seen the videos from California and Utah. To me those videos just look like a fancy way to do donuts in the sand. And I thought pretty much worthless here where I live in East Tennessee. Maybe good for a party trick, hold my beer and watch this moment. I Couldnā€™t have been more wrong. It was absolutely incredible how it worked and the turn it made. If you havenā€™t seen the ā€œbackroad driverā€ YouTube video. You need to check it out. But I will tell you, it doesnā€™t do it justice at all. Itā€™s so much more incredible in person. Any other vehicle would have to reverse go forward, reverse go forward, reverse go forward and then make that turn.

2. It is Sasquatch or bust for me. I know there has been a lot of waffling back-and-forth between Badlands with 33ā€˜s versus Badlands with Sasquatch. Obviously my own opinion here, but the Sasquatch truly looks a lot better. Specifically on the four-door. But on the 2 doors as well.

3. It was nice and sunny today. Confirmed my love of the area 51 color. Iā€™ll post a short video of me walking around area 51 showing it nice and bright in the sunshine as well as the shady side so you can see both. The color that I think I liked the most ā€œtodayā€ was carbonized gray. But I donā€™t want that dark of a vehicle. Rapid red looked great as well.

4. The ride along was too short but awesome. I had Curt LeDuc as my driver. (Google him if you donā€™t know of him, heā€™s legit and awesome) I was in a 2 door with Sasquatch. I forget which trim it was but I think it may have been Big Ben?. It definitely wasnā€™t wildtrak or Badlands. It had the 2.3, automatic, and mid package. With the smaller screen and no trail cameras.

The part in the backyard driver video towards the beginning of the off-road ride where they talk about going 35mph, LeDuc was topping 45mph, highest I saw out the corner of my eye was 48mph! On that tight trail with substantial ruts. It handled it easily. Obviously having a hall of fame off-road driver has something to do with this. But I was shocked how well it did and loving every minute of it. Most of us as normal humans will never get these things even close to their limits. Is it more than 95% of us need? Absolutely! Should we all still get it anyway? Absolutely!

5. Spent some time messing with the soft top on the 4 door. I love it. Very easy to open the part over the front and rear seats in the 4 door, takes 5 seconds. I see myself doing this every day itā€™s not raining. Also the back sides are very easy to take out. I could see being able to put the whole thing all the way back by yourself in less than 10 minutes easily once you get some practice. Maybe 5 minutes.

6. Iā€™ve never been more excited to hand over almost $60k. And Iā€™m a tightwad.

7. I get the appeal of the 2 door, it looks great. If you got a family of 4 and this is going to be primary transportation for your family I would rethink your decision. If your wife has the family driver and this is going to be more just for you, or vice versa for the ladies on B6G, then I say go for the two door. However, having said that I would think the two door would be really tight if youā€™re a single person or a couple that likes to do a lot of extended camping trips and have a lot of gear with you. The two door is what it is, great looking, but not a lot of room.
Fellow tightwad here, and I TOO cannot wait! Thanks for the great insight and nice pics and vids.

Sponsored

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Video of Area 51 showing sun and shade side.
Final edit:
Thanks to the moderators for making my post more readable. Also thanks for fixing my videos. Iā€™m technically challenged.
4496AB85-36FE-47ED-AA54-06B352E3B411.jpeg

27E5A5F6-B139-42F7-AD75-A109E88F6F86.jpeg

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Video of Area 51 showing sun and shade side.
Final edit:
Thanks to the moderators for making my post more readable. Also thanks for fixing my videos. Iā€™m technically challenged.
4496AB85-36FE-47ED-AA54-06B352E3B411.jpeg

27E5A5F6-B139-42F7-AD75-A109E88F6F86.jpeg

Love seeing my CarbG ! Thanks for the post, plenty useful insight .. PS I'm a tightwad too & I still can't wait
This is what I have ordered! The 4 door Badlands, Sasquatch package, Carbonized grey, The 2.7 engine with the top interior package. I dont get mine till 22. I cant sleep at night!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2 door is great for 4 people running around town.
But if you think you are going to be using this as your main transportation for the family
Aka taking road trips/vacation with 4 people and luggage
I donā€™t think it would work.
So if you wife has the ā€œtravel 4 door vehicleā€ go for the 2 door.
But if you are one of those people thinking you can make the 2 door work for road trips with a family of 4
I think you would be disappointed when your luggage didnā€™t fit

that was really the only point I was trying to make.
I know it's been a week, but I'm getting the 2 door, have a family of 4, and totally understand where you were coming from.

I don't drive the family hauler or road tripper, the wife does and she's about to upgrade her SUV even.

The 2 Dr will be a camp vehicle for 2 at the most. No way I'm driving my family to Utah, that would be annoying as hell for all of us.

If I go West in the Bronco it'll be just me and one other and I plan to use my roof rack as intended.

Sorry that you caught some slack a week ago from the 2 Dr mafia. I'm the Don MadMan of the clan, so not sure why all of these low serving "crew" members are speaking out of turn as they know that gets you whacked in this thing of ours. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank for the post OP, i was there on Thursday and had the same thoughts as you, even with the paint colors. You obviously are an extremely intelligent individual with impeccable taste.

Our order even match, except I got the MIC top, will add a safari or fast back aftermarket. Although I don't dig the look of the Fastback's overhang in the back with no side panels installed.

I'm in Knoxville, I look forward to seeing you on the local trails!

Now to wade into the 4 dr vs 2 dr debate.....i waffled back and forth, but ultimately ordered a fake Bronco, and will promise to avoid eye contact and yield right of way to any 2 doors i encounter in the Wild. My needs came down to camping gear, and there's just not enough room to pull the gear where it needs to go and avoid using a trailer. Maybe my second new bronco will be a real one.
Sponsored