Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. The technology is real and it works. Works very well.

I was under the belief that many of the advertised technologies were gimmicks and wouldn’t really be useful.

Specifically the trail turn assist. I know we have all seen the videos from California and Utah. To me those videos just look like a fancy way to do donuts in the sand. And I thought pretty much worthless here where I live in East Tennessee. Maybe good for a party trick, hold my beer and watch this moment. I Couldn’t have been more wrong. It was absolutely incredible how it worked and the turn it made. If you haven’t seen the “backroad driver” YouTube video. You need to check it out. But I will tell you, it doesn’t do it justice at all. It’s so much more incredible in person. Any other vehicle would have to reverse go forward, reverse go forward, reverse go forward and then make that turn.

2. It is Sasquatch or bust for me. I know there has been a lot of waffling back-and-forth between Badlands with 33‘s versus Badlands with Sasquatch. Obviously my own opinion here, but the Sasquatch truly looks a lot better. Specifically on the four-door. But on the 2 doors as well.

3. It was nice and sunny today. Confirmed my love of the area 51 color. I’ll post a short video of me walking around area 51 showing it nice and bright in the sunshine as well as the shady side so you can see both. The color that I think I liked the most “today” was carbonized gray. But I don’t want that dark of a vehicle. Rapid red looked great as well.

4. The ride along was too short but awesome. I had Curt LeDuc as my driver. (Google him if you don’t know of him, he’s legit and awesome) I was in a 2 door with Sasquatch. I forget which trim it was but I think it may have been Big Ben?. It definitely wasn’t wildtrak or Badlands. It had the 2.3, automatic, and mid package. With the smaller screen and no trail cameras.

The part in the backyard driver video towards the beginning of the off-road ride where they talk about going 35mph, LeDuc was topping 45mph, highest I saw out the corner of my eye was 48mph! On that tight trail with substantial ruts. It handled it easily. Obviously having a hall of fame off-road driver has something to do with this. But I was shocked how well it did and loving every minute of it. Most of us as normal humans will never get these things even close to their limits. Is it more than 95% of us need? Absolutely! Should we all still get it anyway? Absolutely!

5. Spent some time messing with the soft top on the 4 door. I love it. Very easy to open the part over the front and rear seats in the 4 door, takes 5 seconds. I see myself doing this every day it’s not raining. Also the back sides are very easy to take out. I could see being able to put the whole thing all the way back by yourself in less than 10 minutes easily once you get some practice. Maybe 5 minutes.

6. I’ve never been more excited to hand over almost $60k. And I’m a tightwad.

7. I get the appeal of the 2 door, it looks great. If you got a family of 4 and this is going to be primary transportation for your family I would rethink your decision. If your wife has the family driver and this is going to be more just for you, or vice versa for the ladies on B6G, then I say go for the two door. However, having said that I would think the two door would be really tight if you’re a single person or a couple that likes to do a lot of extended camping trips and have a lot of gear with you. The two door is what it is, great looking, but not a lot of room.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Video of Area 51 showing sun and shade side.
Final edit:
Thanks to the moderators for making my post more readable. Also thanks for fixing my videos. I’m technically challenged.
Ford Bronco My thoughts after my Sasquatch 2.3L ride at Bronco Super Celebration 4496AB85-36FE-47ED-AA54-06B352E3B411

Ford Bronco My thoughts after my Sasquatch 2.3L ride at Bronco Super Celebration 27E5A5F6-B139-42F7-AD75-A109E88F6F86

Last edited:

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Video of Area 51 showing sun and shade side.
And a couple of pictures.

4496AB85-36FE-47ED-AA54-06B352E3B411.jpeg

27E5A5F6-B139-42F7-AD75-A109E88F6F86.jpeg
Love seeing my CarbG ! Thanks for the post, plenty useful insight .. PS I'm a tightwad too & I still can't wait

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exciting stuff. I figured some of the stuff was gimmicky too and didn't care, because even without all that stuff it's going to get after it. That's just gravy that it really works.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Specifically the trail turn assist. It was absolutely incredible how it worked and the turn it made. I forget which trim it was but I think it may have been Big Ben?. It definitely wasn’t wildtrak or Badlands. It had the 2.3, automatic, and mid package. With the smaller screen and no trail cameras.
Interesting. So you experienced Trail Turn Assist with the 2.3? I've been under the impression that for some reason (some unknown reason), Trail Turn was only available with the 2.7.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. So you experienced Trail Turn Assist with the 2.3? I've been under the impression that for some reason (some unknown reason), Trail Turn was only available with the 2.7.
I believe it’s not available with the manual transmission. This was an automatic.
To be fair to LeDuc he could have been wrong about the engine. They drive them all and I could see how it would be easy to get confused.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe it is auto only, but that could be wrong as well. For sure trail control is auto only by the model comparison chart.

Edit- yep-

Ford Bronco My thoughts after my Sasquatch 2.3L ride at Bronco Super Celebration 1619124996389

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe it’s not available with the manual transmission. This was an automatic.
To be fair to LeDuc he could have been wrong about the engine. They drive them all and I could see how it would be easy to get confused.
Automatic only for sure. I think it's much more likely I'm confused than LeDuc. I think's it's the One Pedal that's only the 2.7.

OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would also like to add the 2.3 can really get up and move.
From 0 to 40 it was impressive how fast it was pulling out onto the highway.
Also 0 to 65 wasn’t too shabby on the way back.

Sponsored

Fergie72

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2013 Explorer, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of great information, and your comments about the 4-Door and the actual real life room in it is a great opinion, but I am sorry to say that a BRONCO is a 2-door Vehicle period. I know I am in the minority, but my 1972 is miserable to get into the back seat and that is just fine with me. Keeps my grown kids out of my life.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you got a family of 4 and this is going to be primary transportation for your family I would rethink your decision. If your wife has the family driver and this is going to be more just for you, or vice versa for the ladies on B6G, then I say go for the two door.
can you expand on this? family of 4 here and looking at the 4 door. this would be bigger than our current family car (volvo xc60) but the bronco would be more of our having fun car vs kid hauler.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for posting and providing feedback.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

can you expand on this? family of 4 here and looking at the 4 door. this would be bigger than our current family car (volvo xc60) but the bronco would be more of our having fun car vs kid hauler.
You missed the first sentence, he's talking about the 2 door for families ...

7. I get the appeal of the 2 door, it looks great.
Sponsored