Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was the body roll, noise, etc. on the highway with the sasquatch?

Thanks for the awesome pics!!!!
very comfortable ride on the highway. Didn’t notice any body roll.
I was in a soft top 2 door with Sasquatch.
So it sounded like I was in a newer Jeep soft top.
really no increased noise from the Sasquatch tires. Nothing like I got from my BFG muds on my old Nissan. Really more All-terrain. So I didn’t notice tire noise.
Just the expected noise level from a new soft top/jeep type vehicle.
much less noise than the older Jeeps.
But I would say the same as a newer soft top jeep.
Sponsored

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. So you experienced Trail Turn Assist with the 2.3? I've been under the impression that for some reason (some unknown reason), Trail Turn was only available with the 2.7.
Yep. that's what I understand also - trail assist only on the 2.7 v6....

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. that's what I understand also - trail assist only on the 2.7 v6....
Motor doesn't matter, if you get the auto 2.3 you still have it. One pedal is 2.7 only.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great review! However this statement should be amended to say "any other automatic transmission vehicle". In a manual pop it in 2wd, spin tires, rotate, and pivot around the front tires. Then rinse and repeat!

Anyways sounds like you had a great ride!
Appreciate the tip... The Bronco is going to be my first manual and I was disapointed by the lack of trail assist functionality. I've seen some people allude to doing this maneuver manually but hadn't seen it explained fully.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 2 door is great for 4 people running around town.
But if you think you are going to be using this as your main transportation for the family
Aka taking road trips/vacation with 4 people and luggage
I don’t think it would work.
So if you wife has the “travel 4 door vehicle” go for the 2 door.
But if you are one of those people thinking you can make the 2 door work for road trips with a family of 4
I think you would be disappointed when your luggage didn’t fit

that was really the only point I was trying to make.
I realize the bed is pretty tight, but you don't think you can fit it all between the bed and the roof rack?

Plus there's also the hitch for adding a small storage rack.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm 6' 240 and rode in the back on the way back from the trail in a 2dr Wildtrak. I didnt have any problems fitting but I wouldnt want to ride to California in one.
I wouldn't want to ride all the way to California in the back seat of anything really that's a long drive. At 6 ft 240 you're definitely a large example and if you fit just fine I'm sure my 5ft 98 lbs daughter and 3.5 ft 60 lbs son would fit just fine.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't want to ride all the way to California in the back seat of anything really that's a long drive. At 6 ft 240 you're definitely a large example and if you fit just fine I'm sure my 5ft 98 lbs daughter and 3.5 ft 60 lbs son would fit just fine.
Large example?? Is that a backhanded fat joke??? :)

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Large example?? Is that a backhanded fat joke??? :)
Not at all.. I'm 6ft 220. I just ment in comparison to my kids in the back. If you or I can fit back there just fine they should be comfortable.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not at all.. I'm 6ft 220. I just ment in comparison to my kids in the back. If you or I can fit back there just fine they should be comfortable.
Getting back there is the hard part but once you're back there its fine.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting back there is the hard part but once you're back there its fine.
I would imagine for a full size large adult it would be. It's never fun squeezing past a forward seat in a 2 door anything. For kids which that's what the back will be for it will be just fine.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would imagine for a full size large adult it would be. It's never fun squeezing past a forward seat in a 2 door anything. For kids which that's what the back will be for it will be just fine.
Should be. I dont have any kids so I plan on seats out day 1.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Should be. I dont have any kids so I plan on seats out day 1.
How awesome does the 2 door look in person? How does the 4 door look in comparison?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How awesome does the 2 door look in person? How does the 4 door look in comparison?
I hate 4 door anything. I have an Early Bronco so I am a purist, there shouldn't even be a 4 door Bronco as far as I'm concerned. I know they are gonna sell 3-1 but I don't care, I hate em. The proportions are all wrong. The 2dr Badlands on 33s is the ultimate sweet spot to me cause it looks like a slightly lifted cut Early Bronco.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate 4 door anything. I have an Early Bronco so I am a purist, there shouldn't even be a 4 door Bronco as far as I'm concerned. I know they are gonna sell 3-1 but I don't care, I hate em. The proportions are all wrong. The 2dr Badlands on 33s is the ultimate sweet spot to me cause it looks like a slightly lifted cut Early Bronco.
That's how I feel. I absolutely love the look of the 2 door and the Bronco has always been a 2 door. I just can't picture it any other way. Just wish I could see it in person already. I bet it looks even better then the pictures. I'm getting Base + Sasquatch 2.7 Auto 2 door. Basically the same vehicle as the 2 door Wildtrak with a few less tech and creature comforts.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

King Luie, I owned two of the full size Broncos, one after the other, during the decade of the '90's. Carried two kids with wife, and the occasional friend or baby sitter. I finally traded for a van because with only 2 doors, having to constantly get out, flip up the front seat, let the kids out of the back, got old. Its as also hard to use a car seat in the back seat of a 2 door vehicle. Most young couples that have kids, the first thing that goes is the 2 door car, because both pick up kids. My 1990s Bronco was wider than this 2021 bronco, and had lots of rear storage. I concur with the writer, if you're using the Bronco for a family hauler, its gotta be a 4-door. IMO.
Exactly! I had three two door Broncos, one when we had kids. They sucked when taking people anywhere and really sucked with child seats. Try loading a 1yr. old and 3Yr. old in a 2dr with child seats on a steep incline in Seattle. We did it, but the Explorer we replaced it with was 100% better for use as a vehicle with kids. 99% of why the Broncos were discontinued and replaced by the Expedition? Rear doors. I am not saying the two door doesn’t look cool, but for a family, 2dr gets old fast. (Add the cargo space improvement in the 6G and its an even bigger difference as many have pointed out). Great write up and thanks btw!
Sponsored