Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realize the bed is pretty tight, but you don't think you can fit it all between the bed and the roof rack?

Plus there's also the hitch for adding a small storage rack.
If you put a big enclosed carrier on top you can carry all kinds of luggage. Or some type of hitch mount deal, you could carry a bunch of luggage.
But luggage for 4 for a week vacation is not fitting inside.
Sponsored

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On board door storage.
Let me start by saying I have two teenage boys. They will be away at college soon. Before you know it, the Bronco will just be a fun vehicle for my wife and I.
I have very specific day trips planned for this thing. Most involve some interstate driving followed by country roads. The distillery or winery. As soon as we get off the interstate, the soft top is coming down and at least 2 doors are going in the back.
You canā€™t do that with a 2 Door.
But the 2 door looks extra good.
I donā€™t think you need a family of four for the 2 door to be too impractical.

Reactions: RLW

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. The technology is real and it works. Works very well.

I was under the belief that many of the advertised technologies were gimmicks and wouldnā€™t really be useful.

Specifically the trail turn assist. I know we have all seen the videos from California and Utah. To me those videos just look like a fancy way to do donuts in the sand. And I thought pretty much worthless here where I live in East Tennessee. Maybe good for a party trick, hold my beer and watch this moment. I Couldnā€™t have been more wrong. It was absolutely incredible how it worked and the turn it made. If you havenā€™t seen the ā€œbackroad driverā€ YouTube video. You need to check it out. But I will tell you, it doesnā€™t do it justice at all. Itā€™s so much more incredible in person. Any other vehicle would have to reverse go forward, reverse go forward, reverse go forward and then make that turn.

2. It is Sasquatch or bust for me. I know there has been a lot of waffling back-and-forth between Badlands with 33ā€˜s versus Badlands with Sasquatch. Obviously my own opinion here, but the Sasquatch truly looks a lot better. Specifically on the four-door. But on the 2 doors as well.

3. It was nice and sunny today. Confirmed my love of the area 51 color. Iā€™ll post a short video of me walking around area 51 showing it nice and bright in the sunshine as well as the shady side so you can see both. The color that I think I liked the most ā€œtodayā€ was carbonized gray. But I donā€™t want that dark of a vehicle. Rapid red looked great as well.

4. The ride along was too short but awesome. I had Curt LeDuc as my driver. (Google him if you donā€™t know of him, heā€™s legit and awesome) I was in a 2 door with Sasquatch. I forget which trim it was but I think it may have been Big Ben?. It definitely wasnā€™t wildtrak or Badlands. It had the 2.3, automatic, and mid package. With the smaller screen and no trail cameras.

The part in the backyard driver video towards the beginning of the off-road ride where they talk about going 35mph, LeDuc was topping 45mph, highest I saw out the corner of my eye was 48mph! On that tight trail with substantial ruts. It handled it easily. Obviously having a hall of fame off-road driver has something to do with this. But I was shocked how well it did and loving every minute of it. Most of us as normal humans will never get these things even close to their limits. Is it more than 95% of us need? Absolutely! Should we all still get it anyway? Absolutely!

5. Spent some time messing with the soft top on the 4 door. I love it. Very easy to open the part over the front and rear seats in the 4 door, takes 5 seconds. I see myself doing this every day itā€™s not raining. Also the back sides are very easy to take out. I could see being able to put the whole thing all the way back by yourself in less than 10 minutes easily once you get some practice. Maybe 5 minutes.

6. Iā€™ve never been more excited to hand over almost $60k. And Iā€™m a tightwad.

7. I get the appeal of the 2 door, it looks great. If you got a family of 4 and this is going to be primary transportation for your family I would rethink your decision. If your wife has the family driver and this is going to be more just for you, or vice versa for the ladies on B6G, then I say go for the two door. However, having said that I would think the two door would be really tight if youā€™re a single person or a couple that likes to do a lot of extended camping trips and have a lot of gear with you. The two door is what it is, great looking, but not a lot of room.
Great feedback and write up. I had a ride scheduled and work screwed me out of it unfortunately......but I guess I need the job if Iā€™m going to pay for this beautiful thing. You mentioned East Tennessee. Where about? I only mention because I like e in the Tri Cities and Iā€™ve got a 2 door Sasquatch Area 51 badlands on order. Sounds like you maybe your twin. Lol.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool- I'm excited to get my Base Squatch. I'm an extreme tight wad too and spending 40K is insane for me but I'm going to do it to get the Squatch.

On another note I know Curt LeDuc from a very long time ago. Back in the 70's he had a little shop in West Springfield Massachusetts- it's where he started his career in off roading- by working on Jeeps and 4 X 4's- creating custom bumpers, welding roll cages, etc. And he participated in the local Jeep and 4 X 4 racing events in our small town. He did work on my Broncos and Jeep CJ5 until he moved to the west coast. He designed and welded custom bumpers and installed a roll cage. (I had a really nice 70 Bronco, then and a brand new 79 Jeep CJ5). Anyway, very small world and it was so good to see his name. He was great at what he did back in the day and only got better, then went on to pro racing. I can only imagine how good a driver he is.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate 4 door anything. I have an Early Bronco so I am a purist, there shouldn't even be a 4 door Bronco as far as I'm concerned. I know they are gonna sell 3-1 but I don't care, I hate em. The proportions are all wrong. The 2dr Badlands on 33s is the ultimate sweet spot to me cause it looks like a slightly lifted cut Early Bronco.
Yeah "give me the sporty 4-door" ... said no one ever. There is nothing funner (not a word but I like to use it) about maneuvering my long wheelbase vehicles around compared to my short wheelbase vehicles. But I won't deny our minivan is useful on occasions for hauling a lot of people or furniture, lol.

Sponsored

Pikapp1301

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate 4 door anything. I have an Early Bronco so I am a purist, there shouldn't even be a 4 door Bronco as far as I'm concerned. I know they are gonna sell 3-1 but I don't care, I hate em. The proportions are all wrong. The 2dr Badlands on 33s is the ultimate sweet spot to me cause it looks like a slightly lifted cut Early Bronco.
Are you going to be a 2 door snob?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pikapp1301

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Abso damn lutely. 2 door = Real Bronco
and after all this I thought we had something...... I dont even know who you are....... first its "school bus yellow" now two doors are the only real broncos. I hope I get my email first to rub it in :ROFLMAO:

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and after all this I thought we had something...... I dont even know who you are....... first its "school bus yellow" now two doors are the only real broncos. I hope I get my email first to rub it in :ROFLMAO:
Search my posts here and you will see 4dr hate from the beginning. Terrible. Broncos were never 4drs and never should be.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are 2 sets of users for brocos. Singles that prioritize the looks and capability off road of a 2 door. They may or may not spend more than 10% of their miles off road, but they want it to "look capable". Then there are the families and couples and campers and hunters and dog owners and.....everyone else that know a 4 door will be more user friendly and have more storage for a 1% less capability off road. They will spend 90% of their time driving it on roads, going to eat, going on trips, taking the dog to the woods, going shooting, etc.

Flipping a seat back like a chauffer for others to get in back got old for me back in the 70s in my 67 Fairlane. Looks of a 2 door are great, but usability sucks. When my kids were young I had 2 door for a short while. Every ingress and egress takes much longer as you stand there holding the seat back so they can squirm in. Over the lifetime of a kid, that's a lot of standing there looking like a duffus instead of just hitting the unlock button, saying "get in", and starting it up. I bought a 4runner for the kid years. Enjoyed every year and trip in it, and don't remember ever saying "I wish I had less room and had to take more time getting in and out."

There are a million scenarios. Friend wants out when you drop them off? YOU get out too! Dog wants in back seat? Afraid of squeezing past the door frame, so YOU have to lift him back there. Throw a duffle back in the back seat? Oop.. shoot, snagged the seatbelt...ouch...the strap hooked on the door jam...darn, I can't reach it to remove, it's across to the other side, it slid over. Looks are for those that don't understand real, practical life. Enjoy your 2 door looks.

Last edited:

LoloG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. The technology is real and it works. Works very well.

I was under the belief that many of the advertised technologies were gimmicks and wouldnā€™t really be useful.

Specifically the trail turn assist. I know we have all seen the videos from California and Utah. To me those videos just look like a fancy way to do donuts in the sand. And I thought pretty much worthless here where I live in East Tennessee. Maybe good for a party trick, hold my beer and watch this moment. I Couldnā€™t have been more wrong. It was absolutely incredible how it worked and the turn it made. If you havenā€™t seen the ā€œbackroad driverā€ YouTube video. You need to check it out. But I will tell you, it doesnā€™t do it justice at all. Itā€™s so much more incredible in person. Any other vehicle would have to reverse go forward, reverse go forward, reverse go forward and then make that turn.

2. It is Sasquatch or bust for me. I know there has been a lot of waffling back-and-forth between Badlands with 33ā€˜s versus Badlands with Sasquatch. Obviously my own opinion here, but the Sasquatch truly looks a lot better. Specifically on the four-door. But on the 2 doors as well.

3. It was nice and sunny today. Confirmed my love of the area 51 color. Iā€™ll post a short video of me walking around area 51 showing it nice and bright in the sunshine as well as the shady side so you can see both. The color that I think I liked the most ā€œtodayā€ was carbonized gray. But I donā€™t want that dark of a vehicle. Rapid red looked great as well.

4. The ride along was too short but awesome. I had Curt LeDuc as my driver. (Google him if you donā€™t know of him, heā€™s legit and awesome) I was in a 2 door with Sasquatch. I forget which trim it was but I think it may have been Big Ben?. It definitely wasnā€™t wildtrak or Badlands. It had the 2.3, automatic, and mid package. With the smaller screen and no trail cameras.

The part in the backyard driver video towards the beginning of the off-road ride where they talk about going 35mph, LeDuc was topping 45mph, highest I saw out the corner of my eye was 48mph! On that tight trail with substantial ruts. It handled it easily. Obviously having a hall of fame off-road driver has something to do with this. But I was shocked how well it did and loving every minute of it. Most of us as normal humans will never get these things even close to their limits. Is it more than 95% of us need? Absolutely! Should we all still get it anyway? Absolutely!

5. Spent some time messing with the soft top on the 4 door. I love it. Very easy to open the part over the front and rear seats in the 4 door, takes 5 seconds. I see myself doing this every day itā€™s not raining. Also the back sides are very easy to take out. I could see being able to put the whole thing all the way back by yourself in less than 10 minutes easily once you get some practice. Maybe 5 minutes.

6. Iā€™ve never been more excited to hand over almost $60k. And Iā€™m a tightwad.

7. I get the appeal of the 2 door, it looks great. If you got a family of 4 and this is going to be primary transportation for your family I would rethink your decision. If your wife has the family driver and this is going to be more just for you, or vice versa for the ladies on B6G, then I say go for the two door. However, having said that I would think the two door would be really tight if youā€™re a single person or a couple that likes to do a lot of extended camping trips and have a lot of gear with you. The two door is what it is, great looking, but not a lot of room.
So do the 8ā€ screen not have trail cameras at all?

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Search my posts here and you will see 4dr hate from the beginning. Terrible. Broncos were never 4drs and never should be.

ā€œAh you think the BRONCO is your truck? You merely adopted the BRONCO. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see FOUR DOORS until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but too many doors!ā€

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 sets of users for brocos. Singles that prioritize the looks and capability off road of a 2 door. They may or may not spend more than 10% of their miles off road, but they want it to "look capable". Then there are the families and couples and campers and hunters and dog owners and.....everyone else that know a 4 door will be more user friendly and have more storage for a 1% less capability off road. They will spend 90% of their time driving it on roads, going to eat, going on trips, taking the dog to the woods, going shooting, etc.

Flipping a seat back like a chauffer for others to get in back got old for me back in the 70s in my 67 Fairlane. Looks of a 2 door are great, but usability sucks. When my kids were young I had 2 door for a short while. Every ingress and egress takes much longer as you stand there holding the seat back so they can squirm in. Over the lifetime of a kid, that's a lot of standing there looking like a duffus instead of just hitting the unlock button, saying "get in", and starting it up. I bought a 4runner for the kid years. Enjoyed every year and trip in it, and don't remember ever saying "I wish I had less room and had to take more time getting in and out."

There are a million scenarios. Friend wants out when you drop them off? YOU get out too! Dog wants in back seat? Afraid of squeezing past the door frame, so YOU have to lift him back there. Throw a duffle back in the back seat? Oop.. shoot, snagged the seatbelt...ouch...the strap hooked on the door jam...darn, I can't reach it to remove, it's across to the other side, it slid over. Looks are for those that don't understand real, practical life. Enjoy your 2 door looks.
There are actually more than two types of Bronco users. :rolleyes:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

What's with this 4-door dog thing? Are people really buying 4-doors for their dogs to have their own doors? Is it the "fur-baby" thing? Somehow my dog was happy in my 2-door CJs.
Sponsored