First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
How is the 2 door not ok for a family of 4? It has 4 seats right? From the reviews I've seen guys 6ft tall can fit in the back seat. Hey if I had to crawl my ass in and out of my buddies 2 door Jeep growing up when I was a 3rd wheel teen I'm pretty sure my 2 kids can get in and out of a 2 door Bronco just fine. Besides I'm sorry but the Bronco has always been a 2 door. Thats what makes it a Bronco. I get the utility of the 4 door and in 2021 everyone wants a family SUV but unfortunately that's what it is and why the 4 door was created.
The four-door was created because 90% of buyers will choose it. Family SUV or not unfortunately the four-door is better at just about everything. Get the two door if it's your thing but your real Bronco talk just makes you look silly. Real broncos don't have heated seats lighted vanity mirrors or trail control so no new Bronco is a real Bronco.
Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is the 2 door not ok for a family of 4? It has 4 seats right? From the reviews I've seen guys 6ft tall can fit in the back seat. Hey if I had to crawl my ass in and out of my buddies 2 door Jeep growing up when I was a 3rd wheel teen I'm pretty sure my 2 kids can get in and out of a 2 door Bronco just fine. Besides I'm sorry but the Bronco has always been a 2 door. Thats what makes it a Bronco. I get the utility of the 4 door and in 2021 everyone wants a family SUV but unfortunately that's what it is and why the 4 door was created.
Ford Bronco My thoughts after my Sasquatch 2.3L ride at Bronco Super Celebration 1619197553164

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the last 12 years I have had exactly one (1) passenger in the back seat, so 2 door works for me. If I had kids, car seats etc, I'd be 4 door all the way. Buy what works for you and your life style...

OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great feedback and write up. I had a ride scheduled and work screwed me out of it unfortunately......but I guess I need the job if I’m going to pay for this beautiful thing. You mentioned East Tennessee. Where about? I only mention because I like e in the Tri Cities and I’ve got a 2 door Sasquatch Area 51 badlands on order. Sounds like you maybe your twin. Lol.
I’m in Chattanooga.
Order: Area 51, 4 door, badlands, Sasquatch, high pkg, soft top, 2.7

Sponsored

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awesome review! Was the soft top the factory top or the fastback top? I ordered the hardtop and am on the fence about getting the fastback top; if that's what you are describing, I would be sold.
I am with you, the Bronco is going to be more capable than what I will ever need, but hey, I really want it! I can't remember ever having been this excited about a new car!

Reactions: RLW

Carolina Mitch

First Edition
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TRD Pro Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1. The technology is real and it works. Works very well.

I was under the belief that many of the advertised technologies were gimmicks and wouldn’t really be useful.

Specifically the trail turn assist. I know we have all seen the videos from California and Utah. To me those videos just look like a fancy way to do donuts in the sand. And I thought pretty much worthless here where I live in East Tennessee. Maybe good for a party trick, hold my beer and watch this moment. I Couldn’t have been more wrong. It was absolutely incredible how it worked and the turn it made. If you haven’t seen the “backroad driver” YouTube video. You need to check it out. But I will tell you, it doesn’t do it justice at all. It’s so much more incredible in person. Any other vehicle would have to reverse go forward, reverse go forward, reverse go forward and then make that turn.

2. It is Sasquatch or bust for me. I know there has been a lot of waffling back-and-forth between Badlands with 33‘s versus Badlands with Sasquatch. Obviously my own opinion here, but the Sasquatch truly looks a lot better. Specifically on the four-door. But on the 2 doors as well.

3. It was nice and sunny today. Confirmed my love of the area 51 color. I’ll post a short video of me walking around area 51 showing it nice and bright in the sunshine as well as the shady side so you can see both. The color that I think I liked the most “today” was carbonized gray. But I don’t want that dark of a vehicle. Rapid red looked great as well.

4. The ride along was too short but awesome. I had Curt LeDuc as my driver. (Google him if you don’t know of him, he’s legit and awesome) I was in a 2 door with Sasquatch. I forget which trim it was but I think it may have been Big Ben?. It definitely wasn’t wildtrak or Badlands. It had the 2.3, automatic, and mid package. With the smaller screen and no trail cameras.

The part in the backyard driver video towards the beginning of the off-road ride where they talk about going 35mph, LeDuc was topping 45mph, highest I saw out the corner of my eye was 48mph! On that tight trail with substantial ruts. It handled it easily. Obviously having a hall of fame off-road driver has something to do with this. But I was shocked how well it did and loving every minute of it. Most of us as normal humans will never get these things even close to their limits. Is it more than 95% of us need? Absolutely! Should we all still get it anyway? Absolutely!

5. Spent some time messing with the soft top on the 4 door. I love it. Very easy to open the part over the front and rear seats in the 4 door, takes 5 seconds. I see myself doing this every day it’s not raining. Also the back sides are very easy to take out. I could see being able to put the whole thing all the way back by yourself in less than 10 minutes easily once you get some practice. Maybe 5 minutes.

6. I’ve never been more excited to hand over almost $60k. And I’m a tightwad.

7. I get the appeal of the 2 door, it looks great. If you got a family of 4 and this is going to be primary transportation for your family I would rethink your decision. If your wife has the family driver and this is going to be more just for you, or vice versa for the ladies on B6G, then I say go for the two door. However, having said that I would think the two door would be really tight if you’re a single person or a couple that likes to do a lot of extended camping trips and have a lot of gear with you. The two door is what it is, great looking, but not a lot of room.
Questions for ya. I know you need to have a reserved spot to do the ride along, but the event is free to get in, right? Basically, I don't have to be a member of Bronco nation or sign up to get into the event. Just show up I assume?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is the 2.3 is Vacuum?, and the 2.7 Electric? Matters to me as the automatic tow braking system I have is vacuum (with a one-way valve to isolate the crankcase). If the 2.3 is vacuum it will save me $800 as that is my order. I can deal with electric but I would have to go with a new system.
Unknown for sure, but there was mention about it being different in one of the videos. I would reach out to Sean @ Our Bronco Life as he has access to both to confirm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome review! Was the soft top the factory top or the fastback top? I ordered the hardtop and am on the fence about getting the fastback top; if that's what you are describing, I would be sold.
I am with you, the Bronco is going to be more capable than what I will ever need, but hey, I really want it! I can't remember ever having been this excited about a new car!
The soft top I messed with was the factory 4 door soft top.
I did not get a chance to mess with the fast back top on the two door that I rode in.

OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Questions for ya. I know you need to have a reserved spot to do the ride along, but the event is free to get in, right? Basically, I don't have to be a member of Bronco nation or sign up to get into the event. Just show up I assume?
Free to get in, sort of
They were charging $10 to park. But that’s it.
I actually didn’t have to pay that.
I got there about 7:40 am and the guy had not got set up yet to collect money
He gave me a thing to put in my window and told me to drive on in.

Sponsored

BroncoTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Bronco, 2014 crossover
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are 2 sets of users for brocos. Singles that prioritize the looks and capability off road of a 2 door. They may or may not spend more than 10% of their miles off road, but they want it to "look capable". Then there are the families and couples and campers and hunters and dog owners and.....everyone else that know a 4 door will be more user friendly and have more storage for a 1% less capability off road. They will spend 90% of their time driving it on roads, going to eat, going on trips, taking the dog to the woods, going shooting, etc.

blah blah blah

Looks are for those that don't understand real, practical life. Enjoy your 2 door looks.
I thought it was just 2dr snobs that existed. I didn't know you thought you're a better person for having a 4dr.

You're talking like no-one ordering a 2dr knows what they're getting. eat a humble pie and realize that 2dr is fine if you're happy with it. 4dr is fine if you're happy with it. All broncos are real broncos, and I'm glad they made both styles - as a 2dr fan, I acknowledge that 4dr makes more sense for many, and makes more money for Ford. Yay for everyone.

We should all be able to come together to agree on the important things, like the fact that the manual transmission should have been designed to handle the 2.7L.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be. I dont have any kids so I plan on seats out day 1.
Me too, I reckon.
At Townsend was hoping to see how the seats were mounted, but alas - covered by plastic doohickies. Wife saw me reaching for my pocket knife to pry into the inspection port and she forbade further investigation. Time will tell, as it will for so many things.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
On board door storage.
Let me start by saying I have two teenage boys. They will be away at college soon. Before you know it, the Bronco will just be a fun vehicle for my wife and I.
I have very specific day trips planned for this thing. Most involve some interstate driving followed by country roads. The distillery or winery. As soon as we get off the interstate, the soft top is coming down and at least 2 doors are going in the back.
You can’t do that with a 2 Door.
But the 2 door looks extra good.
I don’t think you need a family of four for the 2 door to be too impractical.
I guarantee you and your wife can do the same exact thing with the 2 door. If you have no rear seat passengers you can easily drop the back seats down and fit the 2 doors back there.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guarantee you and your wife can do the same exact thing with the 2 door. If you have no rear seat passengers you can easily drop the back seats down and fit the 2 doors back there.
Yep. "Life finds a way." Although never underestimate lack of human ingenuity, lol.

Also regarding the 4-door onboard stowage, I give Ford kudos for the effort. But 4-doors stuffed in back will be no picnic. And then folding down a soft top back there as well?

I miss the days of full soft doors. That was real nice for removing/stowing along with taking the soft top down. Otherwise if equipped with hard top, owners would be removing doors with top and stowing in the garage or yard anyway, not carting the doors around.

Ford Bronco My thoughts after my Sasquatch 2.3L ride at Bronco Super Celebration 4-doorsInBack

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. "Life finds a way." Although never underestimate lack of human ingenuity, lol.

Also regarding the 4-door onboard stowage, I give Ford kudos for the effort. But 4-doors stuffed in back will be no picnic. And then folding down a soft top back there as well?

I miss the days of full soft doors. That was real nice for removing/stowing along with taking the soft top down. Otherwise if equipped with hard top, owners would be removing doors with top and stowing in the garage or yard anyway, not carting the doors around.

Ford Bronco My thoughts after my Sasquatch 2.3L ride at Bronco Super Celebration 4-doorsInBack
Hope they're not carrying anything in the back when they just decide to pull of the side of the road and take the doors off. Lol. In reality most people will take the doors off at home depending on the weather and plan the day out regardless if it's a 2 door or a 4 door. Thats a fact!!

giphy-1.gif
Sponsored