Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since 80% of you want a 4 door for whatever reason here are my thoughts on the 2 door (real Bronco). Yeah I said it.

1. Proportions are spot on. The hood is slightly longer than an EB but the rest of the body is just slightly larger. I assume the hood length is due to crash impact zones and break away engine mounting.

2. Step in height with 33s will be fine. As noted in the other thread its 27" and should be very managable even with 35s.

3. The engineers said there will be a 4" step up in the rear floor if the seats are removed but it sure looked like the seats were mounted right to the floor.

4. With the rear seats in theres enough room for a duffel bag and a cooler. Thats about it.

5. Colors. Do not make your color choice from the gas jugs. Area 51 on the gerry can is completely different than on the 4 door Overlander. I was hoping for more blue in person but it still looks like primer to me.

6. I dont trust anything the "Ford" reps at the booths have to say.

Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel 20201008_093114
Sponsored

Ajfetterman

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2, 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I stare at the pictures of this one the more I like the 33's. If that overland mock up barely squeezes 35's I may stick with the 33's a while. I dont like the over stuffed wheel wheel look but I also dont like the under stuffed look. Its very complicated.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since 80% of you want a 4 door for whatever reason here are my thoughts on the 2 door (real Bronco). Yeah I said it.

1. Proportions are spot on. The hood is slightly longer than an EB but the rest of the body is just slightly larger. I assume the hood length is due to crash impact zones and break away engine mounting.

2. Step in height with 33s will be fine. As noted in the other thread its 27" and should be very managable even with 35s.

3. The engineers said there will be a 4" step up in the rear floor if the seats are removed but it sure looked like the seats were mounted right to the floor.

4. With the rear seats in theres enough room for a duffel bag and a cooler. Thats about it.

5. Colors. Do not make your color choice from the gas jugs. Area 51 on the gerry can is completely different than on the 4 door Overlander. I was hoping for more blue in person but it still looks like primer to me.

6. I dont trust anything the "Ford" reps at the booths have to say.

Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel 20201008_093114
Actually the "real" bronco was the 1966 to 1977 run, but this is a close second, regardless of how many doors it has. :)

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you try to crawl into the back seat? As an adult sized male I didn't even attempt to in a JL for fear of getting stuck back there but am wondering if the seats slide/fold forward more on the Bronco to make this even possible for non-infants... would be nice, but expecting not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear legroom in 2 door. Sorry best pic I could take through privacy glass with sun coming in the other side.

Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel 20201008_093305

Cage door mounting.
Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel 20201008_093245

Wash out floor and manual seat adjuster.
Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel 20201008_092956

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually the "real" bronco was the 1966 to 1977 run, but this is a close second, regardless of how many doors it has. :)
I have one of those also.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great info-Thanks!!

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you try to crawl into the back seat? As an adult sized male I didn't even attempt to in a JL for fear of getting stuck back there but am wondering if the seats slide/fold forward more on the Bronco to make this even possible for non-infants... would be nice, but expecting not.
Nope, roped off and no one around it to ask. All reps were around the 4 door. As I said, 80% of the sale will be 4 doors I bet.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
6'3" and he gets in the back in this video .
http://vinurl.com/1602177060317-T06DY91CB37Z

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't look like all of the pics and videos of the overlander?

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Two-door master race unite! Agreed on the proportions. Seeing it in person, would you prefer the 33s or 35s on it? That's the only thing I'm wondering proportion-wise.
Sponsored