Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, head one collision and that seat lift retainer breaks and it send the person in the seat into the windshield.
Sponsored

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know, which is weird because in pics and vids they look the same ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm looking at my photos of the can & overland and the Area 51 looks about spot on. It looked about spot on in person too since they weren't that far apart. Unless he was comparing the color from when it was in the shaded area, and the cans are staged outside in the sun. So yeah, I disagree with the can color being off.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My unsolicited 2 cents:

-- 2 doors make sense for buyers who aren't planning on having passengers the majority of the time. If you're planning on others outside of 1 passenger, you should probably look at 4 doors.

-- If you want resale value, go 4 door. 2 doors significantly reduce the available market, so they will not draw as much money in a private or dealer sale. Likewise for a manual over an automatic transmission.

-- God invented the roof rack for a reason, if you're worried about moving gear, a rack will handle most of the requirement.

-- 2 doors absolutely look better, hands down, whether a Bronco or Wrangler the 2 door model always looks more rugged and less SUV.

-- 4 doors make sense if you want a larger fuel tank.

-- Aftermarket exhaust probably costs a nominal amount more if you buy a 4 door.

-- Off-road capability is slightly better if you go 2 door.

Other than those elements, I can't see any deciding factors at all. It will mostly be personal preference. If you're looking for a Bronco as a daily people hauler, you're buying the wrong vehicle. There are a plethora of better 4 door people hauler SUVs that cost less than a Bronco. For the 2k+ you'll pay for two more doors and more 'space' inside, you could have probably upped your packages. At the end, it will be a blend of personal/utility. If you're buying a Bronco as a family vehicle, you should probably seriously consider the 4 door.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
My unsolicited 2 cents:
-- 2 doors make sense for buyers who aren't planning on having passengers the majority of the time. If you're planning on others outside of 1 passenger, you should probably look at 4 doors.

-- *If you want resale value, go 4 door. 2 doors significantly reduce the available market, so they will not draw as much money in a private or dealer sale. Likewise for a manual over an automatic transmission.*
-- God invented the roof rack for a reason, if you're worried about moving gear, a rack will handle most of the requirement.
-- 2 doors absolutely look better, hands down, whether a Bronco or Wrangler the 2 door model always looks more rugged and less SUV.
-- 4 doors make sense if you want a larger fuel tank.
-- Aftermarket exhaust probably costs a nominal amount more if you buy a 4 door.
-- Off-road capability is slightly better if you go 2 door.
Other than those elements, I can't see any deciding factors at all. It will mostly be personal preference. If you're looking for a Bronco as a daily people hauler, you're buying the wrong vehicle. There are a plethora of better 4 door people hauler SUVs that cost less than a Bronco. For the 2k+ you'll pay for two more doors and more 'space' inside, you could have probably upped your packages. At the end, it will be a blend of personal/utility. If you're buying a Bronco as a family vehicle, you should probably seriously consider the 4 door.
Well said!
*I definitely agree w/ all your points except this one; to a certain extent*

In the short-term this may be true for sure (to the avg consumer), but if the second hand market is flooded with 4 doors; the 2 door (especially manual) will be rarer and sought after as die hard enthusiasts will always want it.
I share this sentiment all the time w/ older cars; for example, if I wanted a manual FJ Cruiser --- I'd be shelling out a premium because there's far fewer on the market compared to their slushbox brethren.

Same thing is gonna happen here in 2040.

/remindmebot 20 years ?

Last edited:

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Same here. Tired of everyone on here discussing CG or A51 4 doors with or without Squatch and if we can get real Corinthian leather and a 16" screen for all passengers and if we can get it to automatically drive us to work while we sleep.

What do you mean, you don't want to overthrow the Ford board of directors because of the lack of a white hard top option?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, head one collision and that seat lift retainer breaks and it send the person in the seat into the windshield.
True, although I bought my '85 CJ-7 used back in 1989, and in many years on/off road driving, never felt unsafe with the stock seat base. Seems like a modern version of the base could be made stronger, and still have a tilt design.

Not to belabor the point, but below is a quick graphic I made, comparing CJ-7 tilt seat entry space, with the new Bronco (screen shot taken from video). Granted this graphic compares CJ-7 passenger to Bronco driver side. But still, look how much more room the CJ-7 offers in the foot/leg area for entry/exit (see yellow line). Due to the trick seat base tilt mechanism.

I think there is room for improvement with some creative engineering in newer vehicles, to make back seats more accessible. As Bruce Dickenson would say "explore the space" and design a mechanism that moves all of the front seat far forward on the passenger side. :)

Ford Bronco My thoughts on 2 door at Super Cel FrontSeatSpace

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6'3" and he gets in the back in this video .
http://vinurl.com/1602177060317-T06DY91CB37Z
In this video he says the rear bumper on the Badlands is plastic..... Is this the case? I though the reason the Badlands rear bumper looks different from others is that it is metal.

I am going to be a little bummed out if the front is heavy duty and the rear is just plastic.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Step 1; bring the 2 door home
Step 2; remove rear seats and store in garage until Bronco is sold
Step 3; enjoy the 2 door

or give me a rear seat delete option

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean, you don't want to overthrow the Ford board of directors because of the lack of a white hard top option?
I want a white top but I also have multiple paint guns if its not a factory option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never buy a vehicle worried about resale. I buy what I want, enjoy it and get rid of it for whatever I can. Saving a vehicle is like not having sex with your girlfriend so the next guy will have a better time.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In reality it has a 3rd door to climb in from

OP
OP
TNcoupe