Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you roll up the big back panel?
it looks like it might be possible to roll it from side to side, but not sure I'd want to do that for longer storage. There's a rubber seal along the top (and maybe bottom? hard to see in the videos) that most likely won't be happy. I sure won't be the first one to try...

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was referencing the request for Ford to give a storage option. Say grooves along the cargo area to hang the windows up in the cargo area and get them off the floor (and out of seats). Of course that idea doesn't work because the rear window is so long.
Ah ok, thanks and sorry for my confusion

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had my badlands for about 2 weeks (950 miles) now. I had originally ordered the MIC, but changed my order back in April when I saw the Webasto iceberg on the horizon. I just thought I'd offer my opinions on the soft top.

It's nice only having to undo the 2 latches to flip it back. I love the ease of operation. The passenger side of my fabric wants to curl under whenever I flip it back to the sunrider position and I have to pull it out and make sure it folds correctly. I don't mind this too much as I always do a walk around to make sure it's good to go anyhow (thus, the purpose of the walk around).

Folding it fully back is pretty easy as well. I learned from a buddy who has already scratched his safety cage up, how to do it properly and not scratch mine up.as long as you're not in a hurry, and do it carefully you're good to go. I haven't tried it in windy conditions yet. To note, at delivery, mine already had felt pads to reduce rubbing on the inboard side of the hinges that cause the known issue.

I've seen where a few folks don't care for how the 3 rear windows come off, but I don't mind it too much. Getting the upper 3 buckles on each side put back in when reinstalling is kind of a pain with big hands. That's the one of only 2 things I find bothersome. The other is trying to install the rear window around that 33" tire, it's just in the way whether you leave the back door open or closed. But neither of those are a big enough deal to stop me from taking them out and putting them back in. I do wish there was a storage solution for the 3 windows when they are not installed @Ford Motor Company .

Road noise isn't too bad as far as I'm concerned. Without the lux, I find myself turning up the radio to less than half to hear the programming I listen to.

The only major complaint I'd have is the seam along the edge of the fabric is sewn in a way that it has a lip for water to run along. Unfortunately, this lip ends directly above the door lock switch, so that when you roll your window down at Chik-fil-A in the rain, a steady stream of water pours into the truck and all down the inside of the door. Loving the drain plugs!

All in all, I'm happy with my choice of going with the rag top. I've had 2 other convertibles, and this one met my expectations.

Edited to add pictures of the passenger side where I spoke about the fabric folding under, and after I straighten it out

20210818_130306.jpg

20210818_130317.jpg
Agreed. I'm close to 900 miles, and I like it. Took some practice to speed up on reassembly of the window panels, but it's clever. Wear and tear will be an issue, but we'll see what happens.

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Getting the two side windows to snap into the groove by the rear passenger seat is a PIA. Not a fan - I hope that the fabric loosens up more with usage.
This reads like a confusing description, but hopefully you get it: I am having less trouble with this since I realized that I need to press the top of the rear corner piece forward toward the front of the vehicle when it's time to get the bottom of the corresponding side panel started in hooking into the bottom of the rear corner piece.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it looks like it might be possible to roll it from side to side, but not sure I'd want to do that for longer storage. There's a rubber seal along the top (and maybe bottom? hard to see in the videos) that most likely won't be happy. I sure won't be the first one to try...
I would not roll that back panel, or any other panel.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good review! Same issue with my '05 Mustang GT Convertible. I'm always prepared for a dribble when I roll down the window on a rainy day.
I always have old towels with me, and have one in hand when fooling with door or window in rain. It is a good way to keep interior dust free, and you can drape them over seats in sun when ducking in a building. Towels also come in handy in my Corvette when using windshield washer with top down.

CSRedDragon

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I lay the back panel face down across the back with the corners bent upward. I’ve done this several times for days at a time and have had no issues reinstalling the panel. Once you slide the bottom track back into the groove and attach the 4 clips, it seems fine. I think everyone is overly concerned about a soft top build for some rough handling.

Tadel001

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘87 Defender 110 RHD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the proper method for avoiding the scratches is:

Putting Down - Fold the front half back and then fold the entire top back. When you are pulling the second half back, you need to be careful not to exert side force on the frame. So don’t just yank on it.

Putting up - fold the back half up first and then the front half. If you start with the front half, the frame will flex.

I have been very happy with the soft top. 90+ degrees here with high humidity. I have been cool enough in a full suit and tie.

The road noise is not bad at all. I can talk on work conference calls at 70 mph with no appreciable road noise through the bluetooth connection.

For now, I lay the 3 windows down in the cargo area but I will certainly be filling that up so need another place. Going to find some type of back.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the review. I'm a little torn after reading it, but still I'm in Ohio and I don't think I want a soft top in the winter. I'm glad you like yours though, congrats on winning the Bronco lottery!
I'm also in Ohio (Central) and am making the choice to switch to soft top. I don't have long term faith in the Webasto top even corrected so I don't want to have to store or dispose of the hardtop. Just going soft top. It will be garage kept and also has a garage at work if I take it out in the salt.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may have to move from the PNW to Orlando due to work. Any thought on folks in Florida if the Soft top works there with the heat? It was a no-go in Seattle with the Rain and the crime downtown.
Soft top will work fine here. You will want it more than the hard top as it rains every day, somewhere at sometime even with the sun out. So you must always be prepared and it's much easier to flip the top back than spend the 5 minutes putting the panels back in during a torrential downpour that ends before you finish. Of course there is always the besttop for hard top instead!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I totally agree with your assessment. I've only had mine since Friday.

The water running into the door when you open it in the rain is a very annoying feature. I think their rain channel isn't thick enough.

Where is the scratching supposed to happen? I saw a little felt section on the arms. Does it scratch on the top rail? I want to make sure I don't have an issue there.
Good morning! Can you please send us a private message with your VIN and some more details on your experience with the Bronco's soft top? I would like to see what I can do to assist with keeping the inside of your Bronco dry!

OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as storing the windows with the top down, where would you put them? This is something I wanted to tackle but couldn't think of a logical place to put that large back window.
I was just tossing them in the cargo area, until I went to store the doors back there. With the doors, there's no room for anything else, so I used the seat belts in the back seat to strap them in.

One other thing to note, With all four door stowed in the cargo area, it took some massaging to get the soft top into the full down position. One of the roof support bars kept getting hung up on one of the doors when I was lowering it. Also, the little prop up rod that holds the rear of the top up to access the cargo area gets in the way when trying to load the doors back there, and it (the rear of the top) wont raise up high enough to fit the doors in, so you have to sort of lay the door down flat(ish) then rotate it up and into place.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good review OP. As the owner of a soft top with about 600 miles I agree with everything. However, I do think for should have offered some sort of storage solution for the rear windows as laying them flat in the rear cargo hold is not always a viable solution.
Sponsored