Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had the rain drip issue. I'm not sure if it's bad enough to bother me, but I also know that the inside of my Badlands was made to be splashed. I do plan to hold Ford to that - are you listening Ford?

I have not had any issue with the top rubbing on the bars. I got one of the good ones. It may also help that I'm nearly 6'2", so I don't have a problem reaching the top and guiding it most of the way over, even with the Sasquatch package.
I'm short, so I stand on the step and open/close it. Works for me! I looked for the felt today and found it on a section that will hit kind of between the front and rear doors. I imagine that is the spot someone mentioned. No issues here yet.
Sponsored

Gbass

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good morning! Can you please send us a private message with your VIN and some more details on your experience with the Bronco's soft top? I would like to see what I can do to assist with keeping the inside of your Bronco dry!
So, @Southern Girl , what came of this?

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ChoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My soft top is giving me issues squeaking. 1600 miles in and it’s got an awful squeak the last few days. I’ve taken the top off and back on thinking maybe that will fixit but it’s still there. Considering my last car- my mustang had aluminum louvers that rattled like crazy - I can handle that - but the high pitch squeak has got to stop!
Same—Badlands softtop. The right side squeaks when it is halfway open.

Sponsored

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my badlands for about 2 weeks (950 miles) now. I had originally ordered the MIC, but changed my order back in April when I saw the Webasto iceberg on the horizon. I just thought I'd offer my opinions on the soft top.

It's nice only having to undo the 2 latches to flip it back. I love the ease of operation. The passenger side of my fabric wants to curl under whenever I flip it back to the sunrider position and I have to pull it out and make sure it folds correctly. I don't mind this too much as I always do a walk around to make sure it's good to go anyhow (thus, the purpose of the walk around).

Folding it fully back is pretty easy as well. I learned from a buddy who has already scratched his safety cage up, how to do it properly and not scratch mine up.as long as you're not in a hurry, and do it carefully you're good to go. I haven't tried it in windy conditions yet. To note, at delivery, mine already had felt pads to reduce rubbing on the inboard side of the hinges that cause the known issue.

I've seen where a few folks don't care for how the 3 rear windows come off, but I don't mind it too much. Getting the upper 3 buckles on each side put back in when reinstalling is kind of a pain with big hands. That's the one of only 2 things I find bothersome. The other is trying to install the rear window around that 33" tire, it's just in the way whether you leave the back door open or closed. But neither of those are a big enough deal to stop me from taking them out and putting them back in. I do wish there was a storage solution for the 3 windows when they are not installed @Ford Motor Company .

Road noise isn't too bad as far as I'm concerned. Without the lux, I find myself turning up the radio to less than half to hear the programming I listen to.

The only major complaint I'd have is the seam along the edge of the fabric is sewn in a way that it has a lip for water to run along. Unfortunately, this lip ends directly above the door lock switch, so that when you roll your window down at Chik-fil-A in the rain, a steady stream of water pours into the truck and all down the inside of the door. Loving the drain plugs!

All in all, I'm happy with my choice of going with the rag top. I've had 2 other convertibles, and this one met my expectations.

Edited to add pictures of the passenger side where I spoke about the fabric folding under, and after I straighten it out

Ford Bronco My thoughts on the Soft Top after 2 weeks / 950 miles AE460DC0-FDAE-41DC-9F77-D36A5214D1A6

Ford Bronco My thoughts on the Soft Top after 2 weeks / 950 miles AE460DC0-FDAE-41DC-9F77-D36A5214D1A6
If you will spray a little silicone spray in the groove and on the plastic tab that slides in the groove, the window will slide in a lot easier.

Gwhisler

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had my badlands for about 2 weeks (950 miles) now. I had originally ordered the MIC, but changed my order back in April when I saw the Webasto iceberg on the horizon. I just thought I'd offer my opinions on the soft top.

It's nice only having to undo the 2 latches to flip it back. I love the ease of operation. The passenger side of my fabric wants to curl under whenever I flip it back to the sunrider position and I have to pull it out and make sure it folds correctly. I don't mind this too much as I always do a walk around to make sure it's good to go anyhow (thus, the purpose of the walk around).

Folding it fully back is pretty easy as well. I learned from a buddy who has already scratched his safety cage up, how to do it properly and not scratch mine up.as long as you're not in a hurry, and do it carefully you're good to go. I haven't tried it in windy conditions yet. To note, at delivery, mine already had felt pads to reduce rubbing on the inboard side of the hinges that cause the known issue.

I've seen where a few folks don't care for how the 3 rear windows come off, but I don't mind it too much. Getting the upper 3 buckles on each side put back in when reinstalling is kind of a pain with big hands. That's the one of only 2 things I find bothersome. The other is trying to install the rear window around that 33" tire, it's just in the way whether you leave the back door open or closed. But neither of those are a big enough deal to stop me from taking them out and putting them back in. I do wish there was a storage solution for the 3 windows when they are not installed @Ford Motor Company .

Road noise isn't too bad as far as I'm concerned. Without the lux, I find myself turning up the radio to less than half to hear the programming I listen to.

The only major complaint I'd have is the seam along the edge of the fabric is sewn in a way that it has a lip for water to run along. Unfortunately, this lip ends directly above the door lock switch, so that when you roll your window down at Chik-fil-A in the rain, a steady stream of water pours into the truck and all down the inside of the door. Loving the drain plugs!

All in all, I'm happy with my choice of going with the rag top. I've had 2 other convertibles, and this one met my expectations.

Edited to add pictures of the passenger side where I spoke about the fabric folding under, and after I straighten it out

here is the back window storage solution. It seperates the windows and snugs them up against the back of the rear seat.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08RRVM5CL?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title