Sponsored

My Tire Journey with a 2dr Black Diamond SAS (3 sets of tires in 3 months)

OP
OP
IGOAT2drBD

IGOAT2drBD

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Mind if I ask how old your kids are and how you felt schlepping them around in the two-door?
Good question, 7 and 9. I went back and forth a few times when I was ordering. I know the 4 dr made more sense, but I totally fell in love with the look of the 2 dr. Ultimately this is our family's 2nd car we have an expedition whenever we need it. This is our family fun car. The Florida trip was kind of an experiment, just to see if we could do it. It was an awesome car to have in the warm weather especially facing 4+ months of Michigan winter before I can drive it with the top off locally. For our day-to-day, I don't regret the 2 dr at all. The seats a plenty big for them and their booster seats, legroom is fine as well. Once I got my step installed it made getting in easy enough for both of them.
Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, I am WAY overthinking it :), like I said it's been more about the fun of playing with different setups. And yes, I have been adjusting the tire sizes as I go in ForScan.
From an engineer's perspective (me) you are thinking about it just the right amount, not too much. I highly appreciate your post. (y)(y)

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the review.

My Black Diamond (Non-Sas 4dr) is being delivered at the end of the month, and I want to upgrade to 285/70/17.....

I just cannot decide which tire to go with....seems like each one (generals, KO2's, Coopers, etc) all have a certain strength.....my desires are a more aggressive looking tire, but NOT loud and not stiff or heavy....I started to go with the Generals, but can only find "E" rating.....

How are the KO2's for noise?
Get some Nitto tires

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was gonna look at those too.....do you have any experience with them?
Yes sir..I run them on all my trucks... great all around tires...

Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question, 7 and 9. I went back and forth a few times when I was ordering. I know the 4 dr made more sense, but I totally fell in love with the look of the 2 dr. Ultimately this is our family's 2nd car we have an expedition whenever we need it. This is our family fun car. The Florida trip was kind of an experiment, just to see if we could do it. It was an awesome car to have in the warm weather especially facing 4+ months of Michigan winter before I can drive it with the top off locally. For our day-to-day, I don't regret the 2 dr at all. The seats a plenty big for them and their booster seats, legroom is fine as well. Once I got my step installed it made getting in easy enough for both of them.
Cheers - thanks!

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Windows up - I don't really notice the tires at all, the noisiest thing being the HVAC fan on the Auto setting, quite honestly. I run KO2s on my 1989 Toyota Pickup, as well as Toyo Open Country MT and BFG KM3s, and the KO2s are by far the most quiet of those.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As far as I know, once you get the right circumference into the car's computer brain mpg, speed and odometer should be accurate.

Sorry, late to this party but....
Can you tell us what your gas milage is with the 285s ?
And is the ride quality on road noticeably different between 315s and 285s ? And how if so?

If and ever when I get my Bronco, I was thinking about putting 285 KO2 AT tires on and selling the 315 Good years. No matter what I would sell the Good Years, but for me the question is do I get the KO2s in 285s or 315s? I'm not doing both up front.

It's going to be my daily driver, and I drive a lot more on highways than I will be taking it off road.

And if I ever start taking it off road a lot more in the future I might find it worth getting a second set of 315s if I get the 285's.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve heard the sas good years are great in snow from other members but not as great as a true snow tire. I plan on trying them to see if my Bronco shows up this fall.

IL John

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak 4Dr, Rubicon 2dr, CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good stuff. I went from the Sasquatch Goodyears to Nitto Mud Grapplers as I was concerned about the tire durability of the Goodyears. Also, keep an eye on the Goodyears throwing gravel. The lugs are the perfect distance apart to pick up and throw gravel.
I have 150 miles on my Wildtrak, already come to the conclusion after two times driving on my gravel driveway at work I need different tires . My daily driver is a rubicon on 35” toyo mt’s and the gravel driveway has no effect on them. But these GY territories on my Wildtrak will destroy my paint. I’ve never seen a tire pack with rocks like these. They are horrible.

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yessir. We got rig of ours as fast as possible. We're running 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers now.

I have 150 miles on my Wildtrak, already come to the conclusion after two times driving on my gravel driveway at work I need different tires . My daily driver is a rubicon on 35” toyo mt’s and the gravel driveway has no effect on them. But these GY territories on my Wildtrak will destroy my paint. I’ve never seen a tire pack with rocks like these. They are horrible.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the review.

My Black Diamond (Non-Sas 4dr) is being delivered at the end of the month, and I want to upgrade to 285/70/17.....

I just cannot decide which tire to go with....seems like each one (generals, KO2's, Coopers, etc) all have a certain strength.....my desires are a more aggressive looking tire, but NOT loud and not stiff or heavy....I started to go with the Generals, but can only find "E" rating.....

Oh wow old thread resurrected!

I ended up getting same tires as the OP

285-70-17 KO2s for my non-SAS BD

Love them so far.

OP
OP
IGOAT2drBD

IGOAT2drBD

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yessir. We got rig of ours as fast as possible. We're running 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers now.
Did you have to lift it to get 37s on? Sas or no?
Sponsored