Sponsored

My turn: 4-door Silver Badlands & 4-door AMB Black Diamond w/SAS at Koon's Ford on Sterling Blvd.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Front plate bracket does not cover the IC. Front plate sits above the IC

Front plate bracket covering the charge cooler....? Pass
Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Front plate bracket covering the charge cooler....? Pass
That picture was of the front sensor for the adaptive cruise control

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great stuff . . . my build has not really changed since day one - loaded 4 door WT - except for the color. I was on Velocity Blue until about a week before finalizing . . . when I saw a couple AMB F150s at the local dealership on a sunny day and the variation in color really looked good to me - so I switched and each time I see another post, and read the opinion of the poster, I am more and more pleased with the switch!! Thanks!!!

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was set on either CG or A51. I figured my wife would pick A51 BUT luckily AMB was on display and she really liked it.

They also had an A51 bronco sport parked near the Big Broncos and my wife preferred AMB.

The only downside on AMB as it will test my detailing skills. swirl marks are going to drive me crazy.

Great stuff . . . my build has not really changed since day one - loaded 4 door WT - except for the color. I was on Velocity Blue until about a week before finalizing . . . when I saw a couple AMB F150s at the local dealership on a sunny day and the variation in color really looked good to me - so I switched and each time I see another post, and read the opinion of the poster, I am more and more pleased with the switch!! Thanks!!!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was set on either CG or A51. I figured my wife would pick A51 BUT luckily AMB was on display and she really liked it.

They also had an A51 bronco sport parked near the Big Broncos and my wife preferred AMB.

The only downside on AMB as it will test my detailing skills. swirl marks are going to drive me crazy.
Agreed. My last two Raptors have been black and the swirls can drive you crazy - but only if you let it!!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Took my wife and my son. My wife wants a Wrangler and I said NO. No way in hell Woman. I make the $$ in this family so either you get a Bronco or you keep your 2018 Lariat! GRRRR!

My wife was reluctant to go BUT then she saw the 4-door AMB Black Diamond with SAS in person, she had a change of heart. We get home and she tells me I want that dark blue color and I want those BIG tires, "no point in getting this vehicle with small tires". YES Honey >> I WIN! :)

I will keep this short. With most now getting a chance to see the Bronco in person I wanted to focus on 3 items that have not been discussed:

1 - With the 4-door, how much does the back seat recline? It just reclines 1 - notch. See pic below.
2 - The sensor right in front/center of the bumper. I assume this the Adaptive Cruise Control sensor. How is it attached? Is it attached to the bumper or the louvers in front of the inter-cooler? It looks like the ACC sensor is attached to the louvers in front of the IC
3 - The inter-cooler. Is there room to run a bigger one? BTW, upgrading the stock IC is a common mod in the Raptor world. It appears that there is little room for a bigger IC in the Bronco. In order to get a bigger IC, you will have to remove the IC louvers and if you did this how would you mount the ACC sensor?

Most will not care about points 2 and 3 above BUT if you are hardcore about getting more cooling (running a bigger IC) or even running an aftermarket bumper closer to the body for better approach angles, you will have very little room to do so. Let's see what the aftermarket can come up with.

I tried to ask about the Warthog BUT I was told "They don't tell us anything because of people like you" ... :)

some quick take aways.

- SAS is the BOMB. I did not care for the 33s on the Badlands
- The Bronco with SAS in a BIG vehicle. There was a man there with his lifted wrangler and it looked like he had 37s and the Bronco with SAS looks to be the same size
- SAS package removes the front crash bars
- Antimatter Blue is REALLY REALLY beautiful in person. In the shade, it was black and in the sun, it sparkled. I think AMB broke my wife. :)

1618359124003.png

1618359206788.png
It's fun to hear your interpretation of the interaction with your family and also the Bronco!

Some personal points from the pics:

1. SAS looks ridiculous, I mean, there is ZERO wheel clearance to that front fender! Ford has lost me.
  2. That's not a lot of rear seat recline in either position. This ain't a Lexus! That being said, one could imagine a more upright seating position being important when mean-mugging mall security and/or off road driving.

Your wife was dead set on Wrangler, my GF had been clamoring for a Tacoma from the day we met. I had to get her to delay a little bit as Ranger had just been announced and she should at least try every vehicle in a segment (GM's offering was predictably a hot mess of cold-war-era plastics and looks). She was lucky and scored a pre-release test drive at a local event and put money down on the Ranger that day!

Now, normally I wouldn't allow her to make such a financial decision without me but A. She makes at least three times what I do and B. WTF, I shouldn't have any say over her finances anyway! Anyway, back on topic, glad you guys liked the color! That flake is insane in person! Best flake Ford has ever used (then ruined it with an paint color that doesn't showcase it and just looks black... boring!).

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the same two Broncos at Sheehy Ford In Gaithersburg MD today and here are my take aways:
  • Both models have the Marine Grade vinyl and I have to say it is AWESOME - feels really thick and the seats are very comfortable. I have ordered the leather in my Badlands but I would consider switching to the vinyl - it is that nice.
  • I drive an Explorer right now and the Bronco is a little narrower feeling than my Explorer. Sharing the arm rest with the passenger is close quarters. Both my son and I were there and we are both over 6' tall and we were pretty close together. Not an issue at all, just an observation.
  • IMO the 33's with the upgraded rims on the silver Badlands look awesome. No need for the SAS for me ... I talked to the guy who has been driving that one across the country for the shows and he loved driving it. The lady driving the SAS Black Diamond said it does have more movement on the highway compared to the Badlands 33's but she said it was nothing like how squirrely a Jeep can be. The 33" AT tires look really nice and will do well off road for the basic off-roader.
  • The layout of the dash and the controls is AWESOME ... really well thought out and useful. LOVE the 12" screen too!
  • There isnt much room behind the back row seats. Not a big deal and is expected but for a road trip you will need roof or external storage. Sitting in the back seats with my 6' son in the drivers seat I still have room for my legs. Its a little close but doable.
It is easy to second guess our options or the Bronco when you cant see it, but when you SEE IT you know you made the right decision. This thing is bad-ass!