john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a nightmare of a time trying to paint grill letters with chrome in a can. After three tries, I gave up. I stuck them on for now, but they look bad up close. They looked great after they were first painted. But even after a few days to cure, the got all gross just from touching.

1649432243812.png
I have ordered the Oracle Lighting letters to start over/try something different.

If I get enough bits and pieces to go chrome, I might go to a pro for finish.

Please post the 3d file for the engine badge if you are willing to share. Thanks.
Once I get it all figured out and get one good set. I will post the file.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My next mock-up. (Printer paper has become my best friend)😂. Considering running the stripe at, or near the rocker panel. I am getting some rock chips in the paint. Also still working on the engine badge. And the placement of it. I sometimes think less is more.

2625AC21-C2B4-4F7C-B852-09E67157A1B0.jpeg

CFDE1957-1053-45C6-A7B9-222EFDFEEF7C.jpeg

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that stripe is knock out! Killer.

I like the engine badge but i agree it is getting kinda busy with the sport badge that already has red in it.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I LOVE your build!! I agree about the badges though. I think either one by itself would look good, just an opinion. Yo do you :cool:

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I LOVE your build!! I agree about the badges though. I think either one by itself would look good, just an opinion. Yo do you :cool:
Very true. And I keep going back and forth. I was shooting for this look.

9DA9834A-5EB8-4D0E-8FB4-F262F3E7B415.jpeg

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, you sure can't argue with that goal photo.

Before, I got my rig, I had a bunch of big ideas to go totally vintage. I mocked a lot up in photoshop. I couldn't render everything I wanted well enough to make decisions.

It wasn't a flat out rejection that the engine badge is kinda busy. It looks better, the more I look at pic. I think you have the exact right approach. Temporarily stick it on for a week and see how you like it. Only you know if you love it and that's all that matters.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saw your thread today for the first time. Congratulations on your Bronco and thank you for sharing all the details (and patiently answering the same questions over and over :ROFLMAO:).

Love your mock ups with the printer paper. Great idea. Your vision is turning out to be really good!

As you can see by my avatar, my original was a '72, 3 on the tree, blue with the white roof, white wheels (I had added the roll bar.) A friend did this painting back in 1981 or so. I'm happy to say the painting is still in my garage :), unfortunately the Bronco is not :(.

I do not have my '22 model yet. What exactly am I going to do to modify it? Needless to say I have changed my mind at least 50 times but your thread really resonates with me. My wife even came onside with the white roof concept because of your photos. So thanks!

I'm following and looking forward to seeing the finished grill and any other changes.

Cheers.

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just saw your thread today for the first time. Congratulations on your Bronco and thank you for sharing all the details (and patiently answering the same questions over and over :ROFLMAO:).

Love your mock ups with the printer paper. Great idea. Your vision is turning out to be really good!

As you can see by my avatar, my original was a '72, 3 on the tree, blue with the white roof, white wheels (I had added the roll bar.) A friend did this painting back in 1981 or so. I'm happy to say the painting is still in my garage :), unfortunately the Bronco is not :(.

I do not have my '22 model yet. What exactly am I going to do to modify it? Needless to say I have changed my mind at least 50 times but your thread really resonates with me. My wife even came onside with the white roof concept because of your photos. So thanks!

I'm following and looking forward to seeing the finished grill and any other changes.

Cheers.
Thank you. I hope you get yours soon. I have changed my mind many times too. It is the struggle with. “Less is more”

est1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Ford F1
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had US wheels press a steel wheel together for me with the offset I wanted. And had them shipped out to me. They said I could return it sense it wasn’t welded together. I mounted it on a bronco at the dealership and it hit. But I think I because of the steel wheel design you have to have a more negative offset for it to work. I wanted a more factory offset.
Not trying to high jack anything, just finishing this conversation out. My 16x8 wheels with 0 offset cleared my non SAS Base calipers.

Loving your build brother.

20220409_144520.jpg

20220409_144547.jpg

Sponsored

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If your looking for some graphics/stripes for your project try to reach out to @Underground Graphics. He is active on here and everything I have seen has been good quality. He has a YouTube channel that has good info too for self installs.

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep 0 offset and alloy wheels make a big difference. They look great. I just wanted less poke.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hope you color key the fenders, mirrors and door handles next. And maybe even the whole thing the mirrors are mounted to... IDK what you can do about the bumpers...

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trying to high jack anything, just finishing this conversation out. My 16x8 wheels with 0 offset cleared my non SAS Base calipers.

Loving your build brother.

Ford Bronco My velocity blue 2 door Base Bronco Heritage build. 20220409_144547

Ford Bronco My velocity blue 2 door Base Bronco Heritage build. 20220409_144547
This is the Base that recently sold on BaT! Did you build it to sell it, or are you the buyer?

est1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 Ford F1
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the Base that recently sold on BaT! Did you build it to sell it, or are you the buyer?
Yes sir, it did. Seller. Slight change of plans since we ordered over a year ago. Long story short: it'll be my wife's DD now and she doesn't want a manual. Have a 2 and 4 door automatic on order so she can decide which one she likes better. Market is still hot so selling for what you have in it (or more) is still likely. Or trade one in for the other with little to no loss. They've been on order 6 months now, so we'll see where things stand when/if they ever arrive.

It sold for exactly what Carvana offered us, except we could have kept the wheels/tires/lift and saved ourselves 4k. Carvana prefers stock vehicles. All good, the owner couldn't be happier, he is still texting me letting me know how many complaints he gets and how much he loves it.

Hated to see it go....
Sponsored