Sponsored

My wife gave me a super cool Bronco-themed birthday gift, then also broke my Bronco.

OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Happy Birthday!.. super nice!..

Tell her dont feel bad, in 2007 we got a GMC Acadia, biggest vehicle at the time my wife had drove, we were stationed in West Palm Bch, lived down a dirt road on the outside of town, the country part, well anyways, a dirtroad scraper was coming towards her and she smacked a mailbox thinking they were gonna hit.

Later on, she was driving my lifted Dodge 2500 on 35s, lol. Its all about learning.
She keeps apologizing, and I keep telling her not to worry, itā€™s just a car. She still feels pretty bad though, which means Iā€™ll probably end up doing something nice for her so she feels better. Go figure, lol. I think the greatest damage done was all the new words she taught our kids when she actually hit the wall šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.
Sponsored

OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's why we drive head on into garage and back out. If you ever let wife back up your Bronco again fold in the mirrors first. You have cameras, who need mirrors
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e0d4afdd-657c-4d0b-b42e-c664ef43103b
Yea, I told her just to pull in forward from now on. Itā€™s not that tight of a fit, I pretty much zip it in there every time. There is a little incline getting up onto the garage foundation, so you have to have a little speed or else itā€™ll roll back out. I think thatā€™s what was challenging for her, backing in without slowing down. In any case, sheā€™ll drive in forward from now on, lol.

Griggul8r

Big Bend
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta Tacoma GMC Acadia Hyundai Sonata Kia Spectra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
She keeps apologizing, and I keep telling her not to worry, itā€™s just a car. She still feels pretty bad though, which means Iā€™ll probably end up doing something nice for her so she feels better. Go figure, lol. I think the greatest damage done was all the new words she taught our kids when she actually hit the wall šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.
Right!

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love that dog your son is holding! Great family and Happy Birthday!

Sponsored
OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love that dog your son is holding! Great family and Happy Birthday!
Gypsy Danger ā¤. Sheā€™s 1/2 Husky, 1/2 Bichon, and such a great dog! Basically a smaller, hypoallergenic Husky. Sheā€™s my Bronco dog šŸ˜ƒ.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a close friend who was backing her husband's new car out of the garage. She couldn't see well and not knowing how to adjust the mirrors and seats yet, she decided to open the door and hang her head out to reverse. The door hit the garage door frame and bent the car door so hard it wouldn't close and she couldn't get the car out of the garage . . .

If you tell your wife that story then maybe she won't feel so bad. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a close friend who was backing her husband's new car out of the garage. She couldn't see well and not knowing how to adjust the mirrors and seats yet, she decided to open the door and hang her head out to reverse. The door hit the garage door frame and bent the car door so hard it wouldn't close and she couldn't get the car out of the garage . . .

If you tell your wife that story then maybe she won't feel so bad. :)
When I was like 19 I worked for this millworks shop, and the foreman asked me to back our big delivery box van into one of the oversized bays. He said, ā€œIā€™ll spot you since I doubt youā€™ll be able to do this yourself,ā€ which I thought a tad assholish, but decided to blow it off and just back the van in. Anyway, the bay is so big that I canā€™t see the top in the side mirrors, and as Iā€™m backing in, heā€™s back there guiding me, then suddenly starts wildly waving his arms and freaking out and screaming at me to stop. Turns out, the douche hadnā€™t raised the bay door all the way and the top of the box hit the bottom lip of the door and pushed it almost all the way off the railsā€”not sure how the thing even stayed up, since it was only suspended by like 2 rollers. Next day the same foreman called me into his office and told me I was fired for being negligent and destroying company property šŸ˜‚.

I was pissed at the time, but now itā€™s a funny story, and everyone knew he was a jackass.
Sponsored