Sponsored

My wife saw a Defender and liked it...oh boy...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO this term is so overused. Should you do your best to try and make your wife happy? Absolutely! But if everything you’re doing to make your wife happy is in turn making you miserable then it is pointless...
Agreed! I hate that term… makes it sound like husbands should just give up everything and be miserable.

At least the OP’s wife didn’t comment on a shiny, new boyfriend or something. Can always be worse.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are basically unobtainable in my book.

1. You could tell her they lease horribly. Its like $800-900/mo, nothing down, for a $65k decently equipped Defender S (that still is locked out from power seats). That’s like an Acura’s MDX lease plus an RDX on the side....And their B&P is misleading. They advertise 12 way semi power seats (something to that effect) but the only thing power is the lumbar. Honestly, a horrendous lease deal...you need to step up to the v6 to get power seats, and then the pricing gets even sillier into the mid $70s...

2. If leasing is out the window, do you want to own a LR? Personally, if I am taking on that level of reliability and maintenance costs, it better be for a pretty nice Range Rover.

3. Even then - 2021 inventory is basically gone, and you'll have to wait for 2022s anyway. So if waiting on a bronco if your problem, this won’t be a fix.

Last edited:

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's funny, our neighbor just got one and my wife thinks it's hideous. She's British too, so I think technically she has to renounce her citizenship and hand over her passport. I actually would seriously consider it over the Bronco if they were anywhere near reliable, but that's not the case. The fact that she thinks it's ugly is the final nail in the coffin.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so driving home after grocery shopping with wifey and my wife says..oh that looks interesting [shiny white 4dr Defender drives by us]...now granted my wife wife wants nothing to do with my reserved Bronco but knows how important it is to me...thing is her lease on her SUV ends end of next yr, so approx 6mths after I think my day four reservation/order is delivered...no way I can afford both....what do I do? She usually gets what she wants...
Sounds like the decision has already been made, but you're not quite aware of it yet.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You need to make a life decision, what's more important your Bronco or your wife. If you say Bronco, she'll probably get it in the divorce, 😆

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it weren't for all of the reviews on poor reliability, I'd have a new Defender in the garage. Looks great, drives well, and excellent capability in dirt.

Since many Bronco buyers will rarely/never plan to go off-road, look at a new Macan S/GTS/Turbo or a Cayenne. Macans are fantastic on the road and ok for light off road, and the Cayenne drives like a fast truck and is great off road.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it weren't for all of the reviews on poor reliability, I'd have a new Defender in the garage. Looks great, drives well, and excellent capability in dirt.

Since many Bronco buyers will rarely/never plan to go off-road, look at a new Macan S/GTS/Turbo or a Cayenne. Macans are fantastic on the road and ok for light off road, and the Cayenne drives like a fast truck and is great off road.
Yeah, but all of those are at a slightly higher price point than a Bronco.

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

happy wife happy life
just say no
so driving home after grocery shopping with wifey and my wife says..oh that looks interesting [shiny white 4dr Defender drives by us]...now granted my wife wife wants nothing to do with my reserved Bronco but knows how important it is to me...thing is her lease on her SUV ends end of next yr, so approx 6mths after I think my day four reservation/order is delivered...no way I can afford both....what do I do? She usually gets what she wants...
As my father in law told me "just say no"

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
happy wife happy life
Agreed! I hate that term… makes it sound like husbands should just give up everything and be miserable.
So, in the relationship with your wife, you must be miserable for your wife to be happy? Why the hell are you two married?

I find ways to make my wife happy, and she finds ways to make me happy. Her happiness doesn't necessarily mean I have to sacrifice my own happiness.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are basically unobtainable in my book.

1. You could tell her they lease horribly. Its like $800-900/mo, nothing down, for a $65k decently equipped Defender S (that still is locked out from power seats). That’s like an Acura’s MDX lease plus an RDX on the side....And their B&P is misleading. They advertise 12 way semi power seats (something to that effect) but the only thing power is the lumbar. Honestly, a horrendous lease deal...you need to step up to the v6 to get power seats, and then the pricing gets even sillier into the mid $70s...

2. If leasing is out the window, do you want to own a LR? Personally, if I am taking on that level of reliability and maintenance costs, it better be for a pretty nice Range Rover.

3. Even then - 2021 inventory is basically gone, and you'll have to wait for 2022s anyway. So if waiting on a bronco if your problem, this won’t be a fix.
Went car shopping this weekend. There were 2 on the lot in my area, which was surprising because I’ve seen only one ever being driven.

as far as who gets the SUV they want.....coming to a Bronco forum to ask if you should get that or another car you are probably expecting everyone to side with you.

The defender 90 is my top 5 favorite vehicles of all time, I’d be all about the new one if they didn’t seem like total POS and just look weird IMO.

Try talking her into waiting for the new lower priced one that is coming out in a few years.
Sponsored