Sponsored

My wife spent my Bronco Money - want to buy my Bronco?

Heet33

Badlands
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Campervan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like I will be moving on and most likely passing on the Bronco. Long story but I've been without a vehicle since last August waiting for the Bronco. My wife decided to buy a Tesla. I will take my 2020 4Runner Venture back as my car. Ordered an Airstream Basecamp 20x and unfortunately the Bronco isn't able to pull it.

I ordered a 2021 2dr Badlands Sasquatch, High Package with Tow Package; 2.7 Automatic. Velocity Blue reservation 7/15 and still waiting for vin and production date.

I am considering buying and flipping immediately for a few bucks versus the dealer adding "market adjustment" of $10K or more to help a fellow off roader. Or should I just walk away and let dealer have it?

Anyone want to buy it when it comes in?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like I will be moving on and most likely passing on the Bronco. Long story but I've been without a vehicle since last August waiting for the Bronco. My wife decided to buy a Tesla. I will take my 2020 4Runner Venture back as my car. Ordered an Airstream Basecamp 20x and unfortunately the Bronco isn't able to pull it.

I ordered a 2021 2dr Badlands Sasquatch, High Package with Tow Package; 2.7 Automatic. Velocity Blue reservation 7/15 and still waiting for vin and production date.

I am considering buying and flipping immediately for a few bucks versus the dealer adding "market adjustment" of $10K or more to help a fellow off roader. Or should I just walk away and let dealer have it?

Anyone want to buy it when it comes in?
Bummer on your situation. You most likely won't have any issue flipping and make a few dollars.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be a nice birthday present, can you have it available mid-July?

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are out and not wanting to flip it yourself then just cancel. Let someone else move up in line. Definitely don't let the dealer have it

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah Man, to be a fly on the wall when that went down.

I mean I've been worried myself that something is going to happen between now and when I eventually get my Bronco that's going to "co__ block" my purchase.

My wife refuses to take my current car instead of her 100,000 mile one, and all I need is for her transmission to go out, or my HVAC to need replacing, etc and I may not be able to swing the Bronco.

We pretty much know now that if you cancel an order that the dealers appear to keep them and just use them to rake someone over the coals... So I'd say keep your purchase... However the truth is you're going to have to sell it for 10 grand over just to break even... So it may not be worth it.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bummer on your situation. You most likely won't have any issue flipping and make a few dollars.
Hard to find the bummer in that story.

OP
OP
Heet33

Heet33

Badlands
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Campervan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I mean I've been worried myself that something is going to happen between now and when I eventually get my Bronco that's going to "co__ block" my purchase.

My wife refuses to take my current car instead of her 100,000 mile one, and all I need is for her transmission to go out, or my HVAC to need replacing, etc and I may not be able to swing the Bronco.

We pretty much know now that if you cancel an order that the dealers appear to keep them and just use them to rake someone over the coals... So I'd say keep your purchase... However the truth is you're going to have to sell it for 10 grand over just to break even... So it may not be worth it.
If you are out and not wanting to flip it yourself then just cancel. Let someone else move up in line. Definitely don't let the dealer have it

We stopped in the Ford dealer and they had a Mach E - she loved the electric aspect - so we made the mistake test driving a Tesla. Getting model Y Performance. I get the new Airstream so its all good. The 4runner is a solid vehicle and fun to wheel. Good luck with your situation.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy it and flip it! Don’t give the dealer the markup…

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is flipping viable? Don’t you have to pay tax? So to make money on a flip you have to sell for more than MSRP+tax… Then doesn’t the buyer have to pay tax on their purchase price as well? So for the 2nd buyer it’s getting a bit nuts isn’t it - even without a profit.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is flipping viable? Don’t you have to pay tax? So to make money on a flip you have to sell for more than MSRP+tax… Then doesn’t the buyer have to pay tax on their purchase price as well? So for the 2nd buyer it’s getting a bit nuts isn’t it - even without a profit.
That's why I mentioned 10K above just to break even. A dealer seller for 10K over MSRP they make that money, you sell it for 10K over MSRP and you're just breaking even due to all the taxes.

But I've read that some states do something weird with sales tax and cars so maybe it would depend on where you live.

Here in Cali you're guaranteed to get screwed. They will triple tax you.

Sponsored

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were me I would 99 it and defer the hell out of that build. No ones knows what Ford will do tomorrow much less what they will make available on a MY 22. Maybe even a tow package capable enough for your 20x.

OP
OP
Heet33

Heet33

Badlands
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Campervan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's why I mentioned 10K above just to break even. A dealer seller for 10K over MSRP they make that money, you sell it for 10K over MSRP and you're just breaking even due to all the taxes.

But I've read that some states do something weird with sales tax and cars so maybe it would depend on where you live.

Here in Cali you're guaranteed to get screwed. They will triple tax you.
AZ doesn’t charge sale tax on used cars from private person. So it won’t be that difficult to sell if I never drive it and the new buyer gets the rig day 1.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think if you still cancel it it still well get built and shipped to the dealer ,I think that what Ford came out and said witch is what dealers want

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

AZ doesn’t charge sale tax on used cars from private person. So it won’t be that difficult to sell if I never drive it and the new buyer gets the rig day 1.
Nice... Here in Cali, they like to double and triple tax you.

So you pay taxes when you make your money, then you pay more taxes went you spend your money, and then you pay taxes ...

That why most folks (not I of course) fudge the sales price on a used car so the buyer doesn't also get reamed . Hell if a single car gets bought and sold enough times, you'll pay double for it in taxes ;p

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if you could do this, but it would be interesting to identify a buyer before delivery, then walk in with them and have them finish off your purchase.
Sort of an inverted bait and switch.
Sponsored