Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this MagSafe you speak of?
Allows you to wireless charge while the mount/pad has magnets built in that work with the iphone 12/13.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Allows you to wireless charge while the mount/pad has magnets built in that work with the iphone 12/13.
Gotcha I have Samsung, so that may not be an option for me.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd ask the dealer about it.... I'm a bit surprised so many people have experienced a slower charge on a wireless charge pad.

I am no expert but I have one on my nightstand and it charges quickly for me. I'll be bummed if this is reality and not a bug... but I go the lux package for the heated steering wheel so it won't be a total loss if this is the case, lol.
Same for me as well! I have one of the new iPhone charging pads and it works as well as the newer lightening cables does when plugged in. My biggest concern has been will my larger iPhone fit the charging pad itself in the Bronco šŸ˜‚

I currently have a heated steering wheel and itā€™s a dream! And yes, I live in Houston but on those days the AC is on full blast, my hands inevitably get like icicles and I switch it on. First world problems at its finest! Ha!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is this MagSafe you speak of?
Its a charger/accessory system for iPhones that uses magnets. I have a mag charger for my desk and I got an extra one with a USB C connector for my Bronco since I don't have the wireless charging pad in it. I have an extra short USB C cable for it.

Anyone know what the amperage is for the USB ports?

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know what the amperage is for the USB ports?
The manual lists one at 10A and another at 5A. The ports can be different depending on your options so that's not super helpful, but there ought to be a 10A one somewhere.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same for me as well! I have one of the new iPhone charging pads and it works as well as the newer lightening cables does when plugged in. My biggest concern has been will my larger iPhone fit the charging pad itself in the Bronco šŸ˜‚

I currently have a heated steering wheel and itā€™s a dream! And yes, I live in Houston but on those days the AC is on full blast, my hands inevitably get like icicles and I switch it on. First world problems at its finest! Ha!
I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and it fits perfectly fine on the wireless charger. However, it is very slow charging. If youā€™re looking for a quick charge I would definitely recommend using a USB cable instead.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Honda does the same, makes the phone really hot and adds very little chargeā€¦

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just downsized my phone to an iPhone mini - with the phone being light it moves around a lot more. I rarely use the wireless charger now.
I got a mini 13 after droid since droid began. Itā€™s been rough getting used to the interface. I had a palm phone as my full size prior so this is huge comparatively.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never used wireless charging, so it'll be interesting to see. I read somewhere here too that the pad in the Bronco doesn't play well with the iphone 12, which is of course what I have, so I'll just have to see, I'll find out tomorrow. I rarely leave the house without a full charge, but it would be nice if it at least could keep it topped off while driving and using car play. I'll definitely have a cable (several actually) in the car for passengers, so no big deal, just would be bummed if something I bought doesn't work.
I'd definitely let the dealer know, if they get lots of complaints, maybe they'll switch them for something that works better? Probably a pipe dream, but you never know.
I do have an otterbox on mine and certainly won't remove that.

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

We are certainly kindred spirits... I use the heated seats in the summer, lol. I have never had a heated steering wheel but I'm ready to be spoiled by it.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, when I test drove a WT my phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max) got super warm during the drive. I figured the point of wireless charing is to not lose battery while running CarPlay wirelessly (in my iPhone-centric view). I'm planning on having a USB cable with me...especially since I didn't get wireless charging.

OP
OP
Civkik

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I'd rather have a decent spot to keep my phone in place while I'm driving around. Pretty useless if you ask me. I'll probably just shut it off, so my phone doesn't get as hot as Mordor's volcano.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife has a 21 Acura MDX and I noticed it is very slow...1 hour trip my phone went up 2% in charge but was on wireless carplay and audio playlist.

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took delivery yesterday and Iā€™ve already noticed this. Except mine just stops charging intermittently and I have to slide the phone around for it to start charging again. It almost seems like it just stops detecting the device until I jostle it a bit. I tried taking the case off and there was no noticeable difference.

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I worked at the Ford dealer, the Explorer ST I would cruise around charged my phone fairly well. A little disappointed but it is what it is I suppose.
My wifeā€™s Tahoe changes the hell out of our iPhones wirelessly. Iā€™m a little disappointed.
Sponsored