First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a day 3 reservation holder it appears I have missed the MY2021 cutoff if order conversion sticks at 30% of the reservations. I was not very happy with the news and looked at getting a 2021 F150, which has 92% new parts vrs the 2020. I have to say that I was very impressed with the truck, but ultimately it's too big for what I need or want (currently have an older crew cab Tundra that I never want to run around in due to size and fuel economy). A recent check on the sister F150 forums shows the 2021s are having some growing pains (to be expected), much like the new Explorer did, and that makes me think getting a MY2022 Bronco is a better option. I am even to the point of reverting back to getting a diesel Gladiator (I know it has its own set of issues) this week and holding out for a 2023 Bronco truck. Perhaps I will dodge a bullet and get hit by a train, who knows. However, the new Explorer and the F150 roll out has opened my eyes. Pertaining to the F150, I am referencing the thousands of F150s hitting dealer lots after union workers did not sign off due to quality control issues. The trucks were sent to holding lots where non-union workers made corrections and are slowly being delivered. If my new Bronco, which I have waited years for does not pass production standards and gets sent to a holding lot to have part timers come fix it, I would be very disappointed.

Issues, Repairs, TSB, Recalls, Warranty | 2021+ Ford F-150 & Raptor Forum (14th Gen) - F150GEN14.com

2021 Ford F-150s built at Kansas City Assembly held for quality review (freep.com)
Sponsored

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea Iā€™m considering a 2021 Toyota 4Runner now. Iā€™ve emailed my dealer and they havenā€™t even reached out yet and to be honest the shine of the bronco is kinda wearing off. Itā€™s only a nice off-road suv if it has all the bells and whistles. It look ugly without the Sasquatch package and the soft top also looks ugly. The price for the higher trims are insane. At $60000 I wouldnā€™t even get leather seats and My2022 might be more expensive. The more I look at it the 4Runner is the better option.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If youā€™re not able to get a ā€˜21, it may make the pain easier to deal with if you can convince yourself the ā€˜21s will suck!

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do that then.

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Its crazy to me that you can get a new f150 xtl crew 4x4 with a 2.7 for less than a 2dr big bend with no options.

I will put the 500 down for my bronco.. bit I for sure will keep my options open.

Sponsored

BWS_TX

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea Iā€™m considering a 2021 Toyota 4Runner now. Iā€™ve emailed my dealer and they havenā€™t even reached out yet and to be honest the shine of the bronco is kinda wearing off. Itā€™s only a nice off-road suv if it has all the bells and whistles. It look ugly without the Sasquatch package and the soft top also looks ugly. The price for the higher trims are insane. At $60000 I wouldnā€™t even get leather seats and My2022 might be more expensive. The more I look at it the 4Runner is the better option.
About a month ago I bought a 4Runner and really like it. I am still going to get a Bronco, but I am fine waiting until late '22 for it. I have enjoyed getting the 4Runner out and have been wheeling a couple times already.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. If my new Bronco, which I have waited years for does not pass production standards and gets sent to a holding lot to have part timers come fix it, I would be very disappointed.
So you want the regular union workers that didn't get it right the first time to repair it > LOL

OP
OP

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you want the regular union workers that didn't get it right the first time to repair it > LOL
thatā€™s not accurate. Most of the build errors were from automation errors or mismatched/misaligned pieces. Had little to do with union worker errors. They caught the mistake and would not sign off. Ford then moved the trucks and non union workers make the corrections.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
thatā€™s not accurate. Most of the build errors were from automation errors or mismatched/misaligned pieces. Had little to do with union worker errors. They caught the mistake and would not sign off. Ford then moved the trucks and non union workers make the corrections.
The message I'm getting from this thread is that both Explorer and F-150 are having launch issues, Bronco will be even worse. Explorer and Aviator both had many issues, but I think more is being made out of F-150 because of the union spin.

OP
OP

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If youā€™re not able to get a ā€˜21, it may make the pain easier to deal with if you can convince yourself the ā€˜21s will suck!
Haha, I would never try to convince myself that the Bronco will suck. I plan to roll my reservation over to a MY22 regardless of whether I buy something now. No big deal if there is some minor production issues. Just saying those getting MY22 Broncos may have fewer isues as the production line gets more experience and early adopters find problems. Itā€™s going to be a great truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Haha, I would never try to convince myself that the Bronco will suck. I plan to roll my reservation over to a MY22 regardless of whether I buy something now. No big deal if there is some minor production issues. Just saying those getting MY22 Broncos may have fewer isues as the production line gets more experience and early adopters find problems. Itā€™s going to be a great truck.
Add the Mach -E to your list.

Ford confirms delay of hundreds of 2021 Mustang Mach-E deliveries for quality review

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford needs to take a page from Toyota and Honda on quality control they charging to much for these vehicles

OP
OP

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Went to buy the diesel Gladiator as a stopgap to the Bronco and couldn't do it. I've waited several years already (thankfully the 06 Tundra won't die) I am going to sit tight and hope the Bronco order works out (day 2 reservation) where I get one this year either through others not converting to orders or increased production. My reservation (Cactus Gray, 4dr, BD, 2.7, MIC, Mid, Tow) only has one of the early delay indicators.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Went to buy the diesel Gladiator as a stopgap to the Bronco and couldn't do it. I've waited several years already (thankfully the 06 Tundra won't die) I am going to sit tight and hope the Bronco order works out (day 2 reservation) where I get one this year either through others not converting to orders or increased production. My reservation (Cactus Gray, 4dr, BD, 2.7, MIC, Mid, Tow) only has one of the early delay indicators.
Probably a good move to sit tight with a day 2 res. I have a day 14 res and I'm thinking about getting a Wrangler to tide me over.
Sponsored