ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there a number at Ford to check on this? My dealer also is either clueless or pretending to be. Its a large dealer and Id bet money they got that check and never said a thing about it. Ford shouldve just sent these to confirmed takers directly or in the form of an extended warranty.
They won’t get a check until after 45 days the sell the bronco to the order holder. But still it’s annoying that Ford isn’t making this easy

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They won’t get a check until after 45 days the sell the bronco to the order holder. But still it’s annoying that Ford isn’t making this easy
Why not send the check to the customer? This is opportunity for dealership shenanigans.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not send the check to the customer? This is opportunity for dealership shenanigans.
That would make the most sense! But that can still create an issue if someone changed address, also still sucks if you are trying to finance and have that extra 1500 loped into your payment.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went from big bend to black diamond.
I don’t think you are eligible for price protection because you changed your order from a Big Bend to a Black Diamond.

From ChompSticks post #7:

Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1, 2021.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think you are eligible for price protection because you changed your order from a Big Bend to a Black Diamond.

From ChompSticks post #7:

Your dealer will be issued a certificate for a similarly equipped vehicle that covers the pricing difference from 2021 MY to 2022 MY for the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered as of October 1, 2021.
I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

He qualifies for mid-year as long as there was not changes after 3/7

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the exact topic being discussed in this thread. I will update as I learn more but thus far the general manager at my dealership is sticking to the story that I did not qualify for mid year price protection because of a trim change on 1/26/2022. I’m in sales myself and while changing the price is not illegal, it is poor form. Unfortunately the dealerships know if they can confuse you enough you might just walk and they can then make another $20k on your custom order.
The thing is the only thing I changed on my order prior to the March 7th date given by Ford was dropping tow package in February. This shouldn't have triggered a price increase since I am not changing models or even major accessories.

splytsecond

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"well i have to ask... why cant the checks be given right to the customers.."

reminds me of this

firecapt

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All! Long time follower, first post.

My Bronco is on the ground, at the dealer finally! I'm a September 2020 reservation. I changed from 2dr to 4dr in January 2021. Order was priced at original 2022 pricing and I have an original 2021-2022 price protect in Smart Vincent. Mid-Year 2022 Pricing hit and new window sticker is $1750 higher.

Is there a final word on how/when the Smart Vincent Price Protect gets put into the system? My dealer says they can only see my 2021-2022 price protect. Local Regional Rep isn't providing much assistance and Ford Customer Service didn't know anything.

My dealer is stating they won't release the vehicle to me until they have a written statement from Ford on how the pricing & price protect works. Any ideas on how to reach Ford Regional Reps or get the statement they are looking for?

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi All! Long time follower, first post.

My Bronco is on the ground, at the dealer finally! I'm a September 2020 reservation. I changed from 2dr to 4dr in January 2021. Order was priced at original 2022 pricing and I have an original 2021-2022 price protect in Smart Vincent. Mid-Year 2022 Pricing hit and new window sticker is $1750 higher.

Is there a final word on how/when the Smart Vincent Price Protect gets put into the system? My dealer says they can only see my 2021-2022 price protect. Local Regional Rep isn't providing much assistance and Ford Customer Service didn't know anything.

My dealer is stating they won't release the vehicle to me until they have a written statement from Ford on how the pricing & price protect works. Any ideas on how to reach Ford Regional Reps or get the statement they are looking for?
Good question. Many of us in this same boat. Please provide an update when it’s resolved.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went through my transaction this past Thursday for my 4 door Badlands. The $825 portion of the price protection came through smart Vincent as a voucher to the dealer before I even sat down at his desk he had it printed out to show me and he subtracted that from the sale price as well as the $1750 for a total of $2575 at time of signing. No waiting on a rebate or any check in the mail.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't take a Mensa candidate to see how inanely stupid this process is.

To put the heavy lifting to figure out this process on the end customer (that has been waiting for over a year and is the one actually buying the product) instead of Ford corporate, the dealership or the regional reps, (all of whom shrug their shoulders and say DERP) is beyond asinine.

I would love to see some direct Bronco questions asked during the upcoming shareholder meeting on May 12nd.

if Ford wasn't so good at designing vaporware products, I would be long gone.

firecapt

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, BUDXR7. I'll certainly provide any updates on my situation. It's hard to believe multiple customers are waiting for Broncos deliveries (after years of waiting) because Ford can't figure out their own price protection. I agree with all of your sentiments also shieldsy. It seems like this should be the lowest of the low-hanging fruit for Ford to fix and gain a few happy customers.

Thanks Herbie - PM sent - Maybe your dealer could provide some insight?

Here's a screenshot from the dealer of my Smart Vincent certificate. It shows the $975, which was my original 2DR Badlands price-protect but shows nothing for the Mid Year 2022 increase.

Ford Bronco MY2022 Price Protection ORDER.PNG

Everything I'm reading from Ford guarantees these price protection amounts for original reservation holders or orders before 3/29/21.

Bronco two-door Bronco four-door:
Base $2,300 $1,500
Big Bend $1,900 $1,500
Black Diamond™ $2,475 $2,075
Outer Banks™ $1,900 $1,500
Wildtrak $2,800 $2,445
Badlands $2,975 $2,575

@Ford Motor Company - Why not help out your customers whose vehicles are on the lot??

Does anyone have any ideas on tracking down Regional Reps since customer service can't help?

ORDER.PNG

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My understanding was that you had to be a reservation holder in order to quality for the price protection.
Yes I thought the same thing.

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

According to Fords FAQ I should have been protected to 2022 pricing. Just received my window sticker and Mid-Y2022 was used. Anybody else had to deal with this? See attached order and corresponding sticker. Thanks in advance for any help/advice. I have this, a Ranger and an Explorer on order and if Ford/Dealer screws the pooch on the Bronco pricing they may lose all (3) sales.
This exact scenario happened to me last week. My order was placed on 1-7-22 before the midyear 22 price increase of $1250 for my base. I was concerned when my WS showed up and and it showed the price increase. I picked it up last Thursday and my dealer totally honored the price from my DORA and therefore I paid $1250 under MRSP. On the purchase order it had a discount of $1250 for price protection. I think your dealer is screwing you just because he can. Actually this happened to me last year when I ordered my F150. At the time my dealer told me I was locked into whatever the price was when I ordered, and that has been the case for me on two vehicles now.
Sponsored