First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/14/20 reservation holder and reserved a 2 door Big Bend as I was still not sure what model I wanted. After I made the reservation I was under the assumption I would be contacted when it was time to order. I did not receive a call from my dealer until 11/14/21 and told me mine would be a 2022. I then placed order with them for a Badlands 11/18/22 but they did not order until 12/31/21 at least that's when I got the Ford order email and that's what shows on the trackers. My window stick has $2000 increase for the 22.5 model increase which I'm pretty sure I am protected for that but will I still get the increase from 21 to 22?
Sponsored

firecapt

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In all of my research over the last couple days, this seems to be the most complete answer:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-mid-march-update-from-granger-ford.39234/

Essentially, anyone with an original reservation OR pre-3/19/21 order should recieve both 21-22 Price protection AND 2022-2022 mid-year price protection. The max-protect is a Badlands 2-door $2975 total protection ($975 +$2000).

Now the difficult part... Convincing the dealers it's accurate and to provide the extra (up to) $2k discount without being able to see that certificate in SMART Vincent.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7/14/20 reservation holder and reserved a 2 door Big Bend as I was still not sure what model I wanted. After I made the reservation I was under the assumption I would be contacted when it was time to order. I did not receive a call from my dealer until 11/14/21 and told me mine would be a 2022. I then placed order with them for a Badlands 11/18/22 but they did not order until 12/31/21 at least that's when I got the Ford order email and that's what shows on the trackers. My window stick has $2000 increase for the 22.5 model increase which I'm pretty sure I am protected for that but will I still get the increase from 21 to 22?
You had a reservation prior to March 19, 2021. Therefore you will be price protected.

The amount of your price protection is determined by what you had reserved or on order as of October 1. For you, as a 2 door Big Bend, that's $1,900. You get that as a certificate applied at the time of sale.

The window sticker will be the same as anyone else's similarly equipped 2 door Badlands. If you had a Badlands reserved the entire time, you would have gotten $2975 back in your certificate, but because you waited too long to switch from Big Bend, your switching cost is $1075+the difference between BB and BL. You can think of it like this: you are price protected against increases in Big Bend pricing, but if Badlands pricing increases more, you aren't protected against it.

I am in the same boat, as I switched from OBX to BL in October.

firecapt

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The window sticker will be the same as anyone else's similarly equipped 2 door Badlands. If you had a Badlands reserved the entire time, you would have gotten $2975 back in your certificate, but because you waited too long to switch from Big Bend, your switching cost is $1075+the difference between BB and BL. You can think of it like this: you are price protected against increases in Big Bend pricing, but if Badlands pricing increases more, you aren't protected against it.
I've read that it's based on your original order also, but does anyone have that in writing from Ford? Couldn't find it in the Granger Mid-March update....

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've read that it's based on your original order also, but does anyone have that in writing from Ford? Couldn't find it in the Granger Mid-March update....
It's whatever you had on order October 1, which is when Ford announced the original protection numbers. Changes before then are counted. If you went from Badlands to Big Bend after Oct 1, you'd get an extra thousand discount.

Kinda goofy, but they had to do that to prevent people from gaming the system to get the biggest certificate regardless of what they intended to buy. Guys like me and @mdfilip got screwed a bit by it, though.

Sponsored

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You had a reservation prior to March 19, 2021. Therefore you will be price protected.

The amount of your price protection is determined by what you had reserved or on order as of October 1. For you, as a 2 door Big Bend, that's $1,900. You get that as a certificate applied at the time of sale.

I am in the same boat, as I switched from OBX to BL in October.
is this listed on the ford site somewhere? I wish it was more clear when I placed reservation like I said I was waiting until the dealer called me to place the order and they Never did until 11/2021 :(

Thanks

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is this listed on the ford site somewhere? I wish it was more clear when I placed reservation like I said I was waiting until the dealer called me to place the order and they Never did until 11/2021 :(

Thanks
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...fies for the Bronco price protection program?

It's actually even more complex than that because the MY21->MY22 price protection gets applied differently from the MY22->MY22.5 price protection (and people are struggling to get their dealers to handle it properly), but in terms of the bottom line, it's as I laid out.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here you go

Ford Bronco MY2022 Price Protection 3DA7BB7D-7FA1-4F89-BD3C-D22E5E09C27C

Ford Bronco MY2022 Price Protection 3DA7BB7D-7FA1-4F89-BD3C-D22E5E09C27C
Any recommendations on who to call at Ford when the dealer reads that and says it only applies if you have a discount “certificate “?

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any recommendations on who to call at Ford when the dealer reads that and says it only applies if you have a discount “certificate “?
i don’t recall the specifics of price protection or the certificate. I think dealer got certificate for the difference in price protection/increase (if you qualified) and it showed in Smart Vincent 45 days after the sale, as long as sale name matched the reservation name. I think @JoshuaPrieto would be more help here. He explained mine while I was at the dealer haggling.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i don’t recall the specifics of price protection or the certificate. I think dealer got certificate for the difference in price protection/increase (if you qualified) and it showed in Smart Vincent 45 days after the sale, as long as sale name matched the reservation name. I think @JoshuaPrieto would be more help here. He explained mine while I was at the dealer haggling.
I think that is correct for the “bronco price protection “ if you ordered prior to 3-21. I am talking about the my22.5 retain price protection. This is is you ordered prior to the my22.5 price increase.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that is correct for the “bronco price protection “ if you ordered prior to 3-21. I am talking about the my22.5 retain price protection. This is is you ordered prior to the my22.5 price increase.
I would try chatting Ford. I’m sure they could direct you where to escalate it if they had nothing worthwhile to add.

Or if you’re a vindictive/conniving sonuva gun, track down the area manager on LinkedIn for said dealership, be kind, tell them what’s going on. See what they can do. I did this for an unrelated situation the dealer wouldn’t fix. Problem fixed not long after.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Hi there!

Some members received a certificate in their name, this was if you were a early reservationist - this was a courtesy rebate - as not all dealers were familiar with Price Protection procedures(my assumptions)! This is not the only form of price protection.

Price Protection in itself applies to all retail customers, who placed an order during a Price Level that doesn't modify the order in a higher Price Level(or when they shut off Bronco spec changes.)

You will need to have your original WBDO/DORA sheet so the dealer knows what to charge you. They will receive the reimbursement on their parts statement internally 45 days later. Regardless if they give you this money at delivery, or 45 days later - it is your money, not the dealerships.

Ford Bronco MY2022 Price Protection 1662473196100

Regarding who to call, I'm not entirely sure who you'd call... Sorry about that.

EDIT: Shane78 referenced a Zone Manager, you may find luck in that, but Ford just laid off 3000 employees. Some of those were Zone Managers
Sponsored