jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@vlxjim Not entirely. The black mirrors were to also match a black mod top that was planned to be standard on the WT in 2021. When the mod top got pushed out, they left the black mirrors on the 2021 due to the short notice...but knowing back in mid 2021 that the mod top wouldnt be here until 2023, they had enough time to fine tune the 2022 WT, and dropped the black mirrors for 2022. And for whatever reason, decided that instead of color matching the mirrors, they would take the opportunity to cost cut and go unpainted on the mirrors AND the handles. I would think that since there is no longer an FE, people will pay anyway to get the "now" top trim, which is the WT
Sponsored

Last edited:

AwestinTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When my order got switched from MY21 to MY22 I lost the ability to keep the Capable Bumper on my Wildtrak. That glitch might have been fixed by now but not on the day I ordered.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a normal production year, there will be the current job 2 and more than likely a job 3. By the job 3 iteration I’m sure they will come out with the upgraded ip (among other changes)as was originally promised summer of ‘20. This will not happen until the raptor is revealed as not to steal the limelight. So if the raptor does not happen by summer, we might not get the upgraded ip until ‘23. Just a random thought.

DasQball

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think if you’re paying Wildtrack prices, then the door handles / mirrors should be painted. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Agreed. I knew the mirrors were gloss black not painted to match, but the handles were supposed to be color matched. Looking at the pizza tracker I see the rear door handle is color matched but the rest are just matte black, and the mirrors look matte black like the fenders.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being a normal production year, there will be the current job 2 and more than likely a job 3. By the job 3 iteration I’m sure they will come out with the upgraded ip (among other changes)as was originally promised summer of ‘20. This will not happen until the raptor is revealed as not to steal the limelight. So if the raptor does not happen by summer, we might not get the upgraded ip until ‘23. Just a random thought.
Bronco Raptor Reveal Monday 1/24 @ 6AM EST!

Ford Bronco MY2022 vs MY2021 Bronco Changes - Full List Braptor Reveal

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My BaseSquatch never knew what this dual zone climate control you speak of is.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting case on the rear swaybar. I wonder if there are stability concerns with Sas package which led them to adding this? I could see them adding this to the WildTrak since that is supposed to be the high speed 'desert runner', but not all models with Sas unless they're trying to address another issue.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wildtrack also appears to have lost its body graphics. Saw a two door in the new green at the dealer today, no graphics on the body just like the blue one at the top of this thread.
I didn't like the graphics to begin with. That's why I ordered an OBX with the Sasquatch package.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The removal of temp on dual zone is definitely a cheap penny pincher move. way to go Ford.
I don't think its penny pinching, I think it's micro chip pinching.

I was in an Audi dealership this week. The salesman told me that EVERY vehicle right now is a special order vehicle and that the only vehicles they had on the lot were declined customer deliveries. The reason for the declined deliveries? Audi has taken the approach of if your vehicle is coming down the line and they don't have the microchips for a feature, they don't install it and just delete it off the order. They're getting $80K vehicles in no BSM installed. So things could be worse.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Climate control to raise and lower the temperature dosent have colors (red for hot, blue for cold). Bronco was already cheap inside but now it's becoming even cheaper looking.

Looks like there is red and blue to me....

Ford Bronco MY2022 vs MY2021 Bronco Changes - Full List 1642801982605

You want hotter turn it clockwise. Cooler - counter clockwise.

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All, this should be a central location that we can start to compile the MY21 vs MY22 differences.

MY2022 Changes So Far:

1) Dual climate control knobs no longer have a digital temperature readout on all trims

2) Wildtrak lost its color matched handles and mirrors

3) 4 door sasquatch packages get an added rear sway bar

4) black diamond 1 rear tow hook (vs 2), unverified on other trims

5) Color matched paint keypad (previously announced)
Do we know if rear spring rates were changed to along for the addition of a roll bar? Did towing capacity stay the same? One would think this should be a holistic decision, not just a bolt on.