First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As one of the many without a VIN I am starting to feel the concern about getting a VIN before the new B&P is released in mid September. Getting locked in right before knowing the new options would be hard to accept even though I don't think there will be many changes outside of new colors and/or wheels. This leaves the decision to "99" my order and waiting till late December to maybe find out when I am getting a build or sit and hope I get a VIN before the middle of September and the new options are not massive changes. It would be nice if Ford just announced the options/changes now as some of us might be convinced to switch to a MY22 and give them more time to figure out the rest of the MY21's. This leads me to the phone conversation I had with Ford (1-800-334-4375) while thinking about this. The representative made it seem that it is very likely that after this last round of scheduling (7/19) there will be very few scheduled before the MY22 even though there are roughly 3 weeks till mid September. I know she does not have all the information but it felt like she was trying to backtrack a little after saying that, almost like it was a slip of information. Anyway, anyone else feeling the pressure to just press pause and see what the MY22 options bring?
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Model year changeover isn't until mid-December. So we have 3.5+ months of MY 21 production left. Lots of folks with 4 door soft tops should be getting scheduled up until the model year changeover and the rest of the FE's as well.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those phone Ford reps are never in-the-know. It's been well-documented that there is more factual information on B6G than what they typically know.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless it's a mod top, (no chance) then build me a MY21 and ship it!! There is nothing they can add that I could need, they could take away options I've been drooling over for a year, or make them cost more(like mod bumpers now option for Badlands in MY22)...or remove colors (please don't take away Velocity Blue 🔵) we will find that out tonight it seems though.
I am ready for a MY21, and I hoped with all the delays and people being bumped out to 22, they wouldn't change anything. Some people will be upset will changes, some will be very accepting...

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As one of the many without a VIN I am starting to feel the concern about getting a VIN before the new B&P is released in mid September. Getting locked in right before knowing the new options would be hard to accept even though I don't think there will be many changes outside of new colors and/or wheels. This leaves the decision to "99" my order and waiting till late December to maybe find out when I am getting a build or sit and hope I get a VIN before the middle of September and the new options are not massive changes. It would be nice if Ford just announced the options/changes now as some of us might be convinced to switch to a MY22 and give them more time to figure out the rest of the MY21's. This leads me to the phone conversation I had with Ford (1-800-334-4375) while thinking about this. The representative made it seem that it is very likely that after this last round of scheduling (7/19) there will be very few scheduled before the MY22 even though there are roughly 3 weeks till mid September. I know she does not have all the information but it felt like she was trying to backtrack a little after saying that, almost like it was a slip of information. Anyway, anyone else feeling the pressure to just press pause and see what the MY22 options bring?
Quite a few of us just received build dates and VINs yesterday.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/8-19-scheduling-email-received-group.22044/

Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just put a hardtop on it. No worries until next year

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unless it's a mod top, (no chance) then build me a MY21 and ship it!! There is nothing they can add that I could need, they could take away options I've been drooling over for a year, or make them cost more(like mod bumpers now option for Badlands in MY22)...or remove colors (please don't take away Velocity Blue 🔵) we will find that out tonight it seems though.
I am ready for a MY21, and I hoped with all the delays and people being bumped out to 22, they wouldn't change anything. Some people will be upset will changes, some will be very accepting...
I’m trying to tell myself that as well, to stay excited for MY21. I am curious to see what colors they reveal tonight.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeah man. This has been a hell of a rollercoaster ride that's for sure.

After last week's news I switched to a softie on Friday, hoping to get scooped up in yesterday's scheduling. I did not.

Now I'm getting a trickle of info about new options/colors... so then I start thinking my plan to get my Bronco in Sept seems squashed, so I'm now I'm looking at a Oct/Nov, might as well just wait for the MIC (that I really want) and get a capable bumper or new color or whatever else they add... Or do I hold on the softie for a MY21...

Ford Bronco MY22 B&P Timing and Interesting Call with Ford rollercoaster-roller

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the 2022 B&P is released in September, my understanding is folks with 2021 orders will be contacted by their dealerships to basically convert their current order to a 2022 (add/delete new options, colours, etc.). However, with there still being a few months left to get a 2021 build date, does doing this take you out of the running for a chance at a 2021 build?

If you don’t do this in September, does that put you behind if you decide to do this in November/December, when you’re 100% sure you’re not getting a MY21 build date?

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are 0 guarantees on ‘22 B&P being online in September. That date is for the order banks. B&P was never mentioned in any of these communications. Very likely we’ll be ordering our trucks with no B&P, just the order guide.

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I pressed pause back in March

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is your build a 4 door with soft top??
Then you'll have a better idea about getting a MY21 VIN
If it's a 2 door, well....

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is your build a 4 door with soft top??
Then you'll have a better idea about getting a MY21 VIN
If it's a 2 door, well....
It’s a four door big bend, with a 2.7. I switch to a soft top over two weeks ago, A decision I’m fine with as I drove an outer banks soft top and found it to be just fine. I’m saving and waiting on the hard top to be available later next year or 2023.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't matter what you decide. Ford will fuck it up somehow.

I went baseBase so I could figure out which I'd prefer, 2 or 4 doors, Squatch or not, etc etc, but I definitely would have gotten a manual Squatch.....
Now, my shit is built but I won't see it until possibly Nov/Dec..... at which point, I'm only a short time away from ManSquatches rolling down the line.
I'd be thrilled with my rig right now ... not so much come Dec or later.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine was always 99'd but I ended up removing the constraint parts from my Bronco and sent it in as a 19 hoping to get it built before the end of the year. If not, I can add back the packages and parts I took off in an attempt to get it this year.
Sponsored