First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone thinking there’s a possibility that ford might add a rear locker as an option for the my22 base model ? I’m delaying my reservation for a 22 to maybe avoid some first model year problems and I also want a green bronco. Would be cool if ford adds it as an option for base to make it a better platform to build upon, without having to upgrade to Sasquatch...
Sponsored

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just for a quick comparison:

2-door base $28,500 MSRP.
2-door Big Bend with rear lockers $33,385 MSRP.
2-door base with sasquach package $35,885 MSRP.

Looks like Ford doesn't want you to have the lockers for under $33,385. They could change that, but with strong demand they have no incentive to.

OP
OP
Dominic Nonnenmacher
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota CHR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just for a quick comparison:

2-door base $28,500 MSRP.
2-door Big Bend with rear lockers $33,385 MSRP.
2-door base with sasquach package $35,885 MSRP.

Looks like Ford doesn't want you to have the lockers for under $33,385. They could change that, but with strong demand they have no incentive to.
Yeah that’s what I figured, makes a lot of sense. The Ford Ranger has the rear locker as an option even on the xl trim for under $500 I believe. I get why Ford isn’t making it available as of right now on base models, but really hoping they will add it to my22 base. Don’t need all the capability of Sasquatch but would like a rear locker

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It probably won’t happen at the current price points. Ford underpriced the 2dr to come in under 30k with delivery. As mentioned above they would much prefer selling you a higher trim.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd like to see it, or even a mini/lite Squatch package.
Considering the demand and inability for Ford to produce enough Squatches, I would expect some other packages to become available in the future.
At this time, a Base with rear locker is a $5k additional cost via either Squatch or upgrade to BB or BD.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone thinking there’s a possibility that ford might add a rear locker as an option for the my22 base model ? I’m delaying my reservation for a 22 to maybe avoid some first model year problems and I also want a green bronco. Would be cool if ford adds it as an option for base to make it a better platform to build upon, without having to upgrade to Sasquatch...
I would have went with a Base Base if I could have done a locker or LSD in the rear on the Base. The only issue, that I think I've seen, is that on the Base Sasquatch, the rear locker can only work under 25mph except in low range?

I would have preferred front and rear LSD to help with binding in turns.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd like to see it, or even a mini/lite Squatch package.
Considering the demand and inability for Ford to produce enough Squatches, I would expect some other packages to become available in the future.
At this time, a Base with rear locker is a $5k additional cost via either Squatch or upgrade to BB or BD.
Ford has a solution if they run out of Sasquatch parts. A Badlands or Wildtrak. They fact they make more profit on these is coincidental. 😉
Sponsored