Sponsored

MY22 being delivered before many MY21s even built or shipped???

SmellzLikeYeti

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
@Ford Motor Company I think everyone who is awaiting a 2021 Bronco deserves explanation on how this is even remotely ok. I have let it slide all week but honestly after more posts today of 2022s being picked up by customers I have had enough. Personally my 2021 has been sitting "awaiting shipment" for 3 weeks now with no reason. This is ridiculous at this point.
Sponsored

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree something is holding up shipments….is it QC? Is it parts? What’s are the delays….please explain…..simple communications would go a long way….

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those impacted by this, probably a good idea to have your dealer to pull up the Vehicle Visibility Report. That should have up-to-date info about what's going on with any particular Bronco.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Ford Motor Company I think everyone who is awaiting a 2021 Bronco deserves explanation on how this is even remotely ok. I have let it slide all week but honestly after more posts today of 2022s being picked up by customers I have had enough. Personally my 2021 has been sitting "awaiting shipment" for 3 weeks now with no reason. This is ridiculous at this point.
I agree something is holding up shipments….is it QC? Is it parts? What’s are the delays….please explain…..simple communications would go a long way….
You aren't the customer of Ford, dealerships are. You're the customer of the dealership selling you the vehicle. Pressure them into obtaining the information. Which they will have to get from the rail carrier, not Ford.

FWIW: our pre-ordered '19 Ranger sat for a few weeks "awaiting shipment" then a few days after that was marked as completed, with a 7-day delivery estimate here to the PNW, the vehicle had shown up at the dealership the next day.

Awaiting shipment is literally that, you're waiting for the rail carrier that has room and is heading to your demarcation point to pick up the vehicle. Obviously you're quite a bit closer to MAP than I am here in Washington (the actual Washington, not the city). It's not Ford's responsibility to organize rail transport and the entire nations rail lines have been a mess for a few years now. Thankfully you aren't out here as all 4 major passes across the Rockies have been closed due to extreme weather for over a week.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You aren't the customer of Ford, dealerships are. You're the customer of the dealership selling you the vehicle. Pressure them into obtaining the information. Which they will have to get from the rail carrier, not Ford.

FWIW: our pre-ordered '19 Ranger sat for a few weeks "awaiting shipment" then a few days after that was marked as completed, with a 7-day delivery estimate here to the PNW, the vehicle had shown up at the dealership the next day.

Awaiting shipment is literally that, you're waiting for the rail carrier that has room and is heading to your demarcation point to pick up the vehicle. Obviously you're quite a bit closer to MAP than I am here in Washington (the actual Washington, not the city). It's not Ford's responsibility to organize rail transport and the entire nations rail lines have been a mess for a few years now. Thankfully you aren't out here as all 4 major passes across the Rockies have been closed due to extreme weather for over a week.
You’re probably correct however modules have not populated. There is a group of vehicles (range 19/1106 to 177/1106 (6) total from 12/20 build week) mine included that for whatever reason have been pulled aside. These vehicles are going various destinations around the country. So I don’t believe it’s a freight issue. My dealer is unsure of what’s going on. Interesting do you agree?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SmellzLikeYeti

SmellzLikeYeti

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned

That's great. What about the folks 21s who aren't even built?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's great. What about the folks 21s who aren't even built?
Why don't you ask your auto insurance carrier for that info?

Makes just as much sense as your post to somehow actually gather FoMoCo's corporate attention to the issue.

The case is still the same. You need to pressure your dealership for information. Your dealership is the customer of FoMoCo and can pressure them to demand information as their customers (that's you) keep pressuring them and have a valid expectation for an answer.

I say this as a MY21 order with a MY21 allocation who got pushed back to MY22. We don't always get what we want.

Lastly: It would be a violation of NHTSA regulations and EPA regulations to produce MY21 vehicles after the cutoff date set. VIN's are year-dependent to establish the hundreds of different regulations that specific MY must adhear to, along with CAFE regs.

They won't be making MY21 vehicles anymore. So it's either been built to the minimum of regs and waiting whatever content is allowed to be slapped on for final shipment to still count as a MY21, or sitting for delivery....... Or you're getting a MY22 build/shipped vehicle.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was once friends with someone in Detroit who worked for the railroad in the division managing rail shipments of new vehicles. I know they have occasional issues with railcar availability. All the railcars get send out but the don’t get returned promptly.

That made for some very odd delays.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Who didn't see this coming. Rail car exponential y adds weeks vs convoy to a Detroit dealership

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WE are Ford's customers.

WE are the ones who reserved our Broncos.

WE are the ones who ordered our Broncos.

WE are the ones who made deposits on our Broncos.

WE are the ones who will pay for the Broncos WE ordered.

WE don't give a DAMN about "dealer allocations," or ADM, or "parts constraints", or whatever new bullshit Ford comes up with to try and justify why WE don't have our Broncos yet.

WE are sick and goddamned tired of waiting for the Broncos WE ordered a YEAR ago, while dealers get new Broncos every day to park in their showrooms, and people walking in off the street and ordering 2022's are getting Broncos in just a few weeks.

WE don't give a fuck what year our Broncos end being called, WE just want the orders WE placed a YEAR ago to have priority over any dealer order, or any new 2022 order - the way it should be.

WE reserved, ordered, and out deposits down on our Broncos online, on the Ford website - NOT at a dealership. Most of us haven't even set foot in whatever dealership our order "went through". Most of us don't give a damn WHICH dealership OUR Bronco order "went through", as long as it gets BUILT, and built IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY WERE RESERVED, OVER A YEAR AND FUCKING HALF AGO.

Sponsored

shardy100

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guys, I just joined as I found this group when I searched for answers to this question. I ordered a 2021 Black Diamond from a dealership in VA back in July 2021; it was built in late December but it has been sitting since then. The dealership first said the system said it was waiting to be shipped and should arrive in late December 2021; that date passed and they were assured it was waiting for a rail car to be assigned and that it should arrive at the end of January 2022. I don't feel the dealership is playing games, I think Ford has major production and supply chain issues (we all know that). I am friends with the guy that ran the Ford Truck division for fifteen years and was responsible for getting the diesel in them; he's a great old dude with many stories! Anyway, he still has access to the system so I asked him if he could check into it. He said that my Bronco is built and waiting for parts - chips most likely; I had the dealer call and confirm this too. I see more and more 2022s for sale here and on the streets while mine sits waiting for parts? I don't get it. By the way, I have a signed sales agreement at MSRP and I can say the dealer has been great. I have another call into my buddy to get an update.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ice Mountain Bronco...
Sponsored