Sponsored

MY22 changes based on Jun 25 Ford FAQ- OBX interior?

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors – including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens.

This was Ford response to MY22 based on recent delays. I have been wondering if they will broaden interior options to allow more models to have the black interior. Specifically if you read the forums there are considerable negative comments on the OBX dash colors. I am guessing with all the delays that Ford will want to minimize production changes for MY22. There answer above seems fairly tightly focused on a few items that generated most interest. I really wish they would announce WHEN MY22 changes will be released or at least update B&P as MY21 is essentially history at this point.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Word on the street is they will have the '22 build and price page up just before the '22 order banks open. As of now that is scheduled to happen in September. I have no idea of the exact date. However, setting dates have been a moving target up until now.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What changes are coming for 22MY production? Customers can expect to see updated paint colors – including green, special editions, manual Sasquatch package, and 4-door Sasquatch with roof rack. We will have complete details when the Build & Price site opens.

This was Ford response to MY22 based on recent delays. I have been wondering if they will broaden interior options to allow more models to have the black interior. Specifically if you read the forums there are considerable negative comments on the OBX dash colors. I am guessing with all the delays that Ford will want to minimize production changes for MY22. There answer above seems fairly tightly focused on a few items that generated most interest. I really wish they would announce WHEN MY22 changes will be released or at least update B&P as MY21 is essentially history at this point.
I’ve struggled with the blue and silver interior and I’m guessing the lack of photos of the blue and grey cloth are very intentional. Hopefully they can make some changes just by using other, existing combinations if they’re listening….

Sponsored

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still hopeful the all-black FE interior becomes an option on all trims. It shouldn’t cost anything. But they didn’t mention interiors, which is disappointing.
I feel a majority of the people who get ‘21 would be upset if they offered black onyx for every trim level considering a lot of people compromised for the atrocious interior colors Ford’s currently offering. So I’m guessing it’ll just be for the heritage models.

OP
OP
FoCoBronc

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel a majority of the people who get ‘21 would be upset if they offered black onyx for every trim level considering a lot of people compromised for the atrocious interior colors Ford’s currently offering. So I’m guessing it’ll just be for the heritage models.
true, but the OBX is their upper end trim with minimal off road extras and only comes with 2 two-tone options that are not generating rave reviews.....

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel a majority of the people who get ‘21 would be upset if they offered black onyx for every trim level ...
I much rather get something other than black. I'm tired of frying my delicate bum on scorching hot black seats in the summer, and it always looks dusty.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

true, but the OBX is their upper end trim with minimal off road extras and only comes with 2 two-tone options that are not generating rave reviews.....
I personally love the Luna Pier. The interior of the Luna Pier negates the blue accent trim/chicklets that is shown on the Roast. I also like the styling of the cloth as it is the only interior choice that makes a nod to the Bronco heritage.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve struggled with the blue and silver interior and I’m guessing the lack of photos of the blue and grey cloth are very intentional. Hopefully they can make some changes just by using other, existing combinations if they’re listening….
I saw the leather Navy Pier in an OBX when they came to my area. I didn't want to like, but surprisingly I did. The Navy is a really dark blue, and the gray is actually gray. It looked so good I thought very hard on putting it in my Area 51 OBX. But, I wanted the contrast of the Roast, so I stayed there.

Now, as we know those Bronco's were pre-production. Hopefully it haven't changed, but the way things have been going........who knows.

Last edited:

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw the leather Navy Pier in an OBX when they came to my area. I didn't want to like, but surprisingly I did. The Navy is a really dark blue, and the gray is actually gray. It looked so good I thought very hard on putting it in my Area 51 OBX. But, I wanted the contrast of the Roast, so I stayed there.

Now, as we know those Bronco's were pre-production. Hopefully it hasn't changes, but the way things have been going........who knows.
That’s encouraging, thanks. Hopefully the cloth looks good too. I really need to see it in person with the dash. Hopefully the photos start showing up any day now.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Now, as we know those Bronco's were pre-production. Hopefully it hasn't changes, but the way things have been going........who knows.
I had the opposite experience. I really wanted to like it when i saw it in person. Just couldn't.
Just not for me. Like a def NO for me., but i can see its appeal for some.
Unlike the camo...WTF I can't see that appeal at all.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the opposite experience. I really wanted to like it when i saw it in person. Just couldn't.
Just not for me. Like a def NO for me., but i can see its appeal for some.
Unlike the camo...WTF I can't see that appeal at all.
I get it, I was more than surprised that I did like it. :)
Sponsored