Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY22 Bumper Confusion

I have a 2 door BL on order (day two order) no vin yet. After reading the MY22 order guide I noticed there are two bumpers offered a Capable powder coated steel bumper which now comes standard with the BL and BD replacing the Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper which was standard on the MY21 BL & BD. Ford is saying they are still offering the Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper as an option that you can choose when building your order.

1st Does anyone know what the difference is between the two bumpers.

2nd Does anyone know the cost difference between the two bumpers.

3rd Shouldn’t this fall under the price protection guarantee that Ford put out to existing reservation holders.

I may be reading this wrong or reading too much into it after all I’m easily confused especially when it comes to the Bronco roll out (-; any clarification would be appreciated, Thanks

Bumper Options
  • New for 22MY: Capable Bumper (powder-coated steel)
    • Standard for 22MY Black Diamond and Badlands orders
  • Updated for 22MY: Modular Front Bumper becomes an option on all series

Q&A taken from Bronco Nation:

Q:
I ordered a Black Diamond or Badlands MY21 and don’t want the MY22 standard Capable Bumper. Can I option out of it?
A:
Yes. You can option the Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper when you convert your order.

Q: I ordered a Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Wildtrak MY21. Can I get the Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper?
A: Yes. It is available for any trim in 2022.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price protection is for a base vehicle with everything that comes standard.
I.E. MY21 Badlands with MOD Bumper (standard in MY21) is 42k so MY22 Badlands With Capable bumper (standard now) 42k. Adding anything to standard package will be extra cost.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You really gotta use the search function. This has been discussed many times.

The vehicles that came standard with the modular bumper have a higher price protection that covers the MSRP increase of the vehicle plus the option of adding the modular bumper on during ordering.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, but still confused. Are both steel bumpers modular and winch capble. IDK I just want to know what I'm ordering befor I order the dam thing.
Yes. The "capable" bumper is "capable" because it is "capable" of having the winch attached.

This is achieved by the exposed ends of the frame rail where the winch mount bolts to... it's just that these are covered by d-ring/shackles from the factory.

The standard bumper has this area covered and has the little tow loops underneath instead.

There are a few threads on this already explaining and showing the differences:

2022-bronco-gets-capable-bumper-option-comes-standard-on-black-diamond-and-badlands.22102

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-heavy-duty-modular-vs-capable-bumper.10870/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/whats-the-capable-bumper.7449/

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Price protection is for a base vehicle with everything that comes standard.
I.E. MY21 Badlands with MOD Bumper (standard in MY21) is 42k so MY22 Badlands With Capable bumper (standard now) 42k. Adding anything to standard package will be extra cost.
So if the MOD bumper came with the MY21 and I am ordering a MY22 with the same MOD bumper shoulden't the cost be the same, not more ?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks, but still confused. Are both steel bumpers modular and winch capble. IDK I just want to know what I'm ordering befor I order the dam thing.
If you read the article I linked in my response it would answer if it's steel or not

"The Capable bumper is made from powder-coated steel"

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if the MOD bumper came with the MY21 and I am ordering a MY22 with the same MOD bumper shoulden't the cost be the same, not more ?
There should be MSRP locked in for "comparable" builds for people who have a roll-over reservation... so if you keep the Mod bumper on your spec, you should* see no price increase.

For people who are ordering for the first time and/or just coming to the B&P now, the Modular bumper is considered an upgrade with an increase in price.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is what was standard on MY21 BL that you need to add to your order as an option for the new MY22 order. It is a cost increase, but you will be getting a Ford Rebate applied via Vincent system anyways for price protection if you qualify.

Front Bumper – Ford Performance Heavy-Duty Modular Note: Includes Steel Bash Plates under front section of vehicle Note: Deletes standard LED Fog Lamps - 55G

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Comes with built in fogs.
But not MOD or winch caplbe acording to Fords discription
Yes. The "capable" bumper is "capable" because it is "capable" of having the winch attached.

This is achieved by the exposed ends of the frame rail where the winch mount bolts to... it's just that these are covered by d-ring/shackles from the factory.

The standard bumper has this area covered and has the little tow loops underneath instead.

There are a few threads on this already explaining and showing the differences:

2022-bronco-gets-capable-bumper-option-comes-standard-on-black-diamond-and-badlands.22102

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-heavy-duty-modular-vs-capable-bumper.10870/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/whats-the-capable-bumper.7449/
Right, so now is the capble MOD bumper a upgrade with a price. MY21 it was standard on the BL

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do both the modular and capable support a winch?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do both the modular and capable support a winch?
My understanding is the capable does... you would have to remove the bumper and then unbolt the D-Ring shackles to expose the end of the frame rail... this would leave you in the same position you'd be in with the modular bumper.

Though it seems like that Ford documentation quoted in this thread implies only the Modular bumper is...

Frame with D Ring loops mounted to the end of the frame rails (in yellow):

Ford Bronco MY22 New Bumper Ordering Guide Confusion 120821028_150403646792866_2156474768770137233_n

Modular bumper leaving tow loops exposed:

Ford Bronco MY22 New Bumper Ordering Guide Confusion f1072c73-9413-4727-9924-11ca223b89b7-jpe

Capable bumper with D ring shackles mounted in same place and exposed:

Ford Bronco MY22 New Bumper Ordering Guide Confusion 2022-Bronco-Capable-Bumper-Option-scaled

Standard bumper covering these points:

Ford Bronco MY22 New Bumper Ordering Guide Confusion 2022-ford-bronco-capable-bumper-

Standard bumper with the plastic removed, and you can see the mounting points under the metal:

Ford Bronco MY22 New Bumper Ordering Guide Confusion 1610231697103-
Sponsored

Last edited: