Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should be MSRP locked in for "comparable" builds for people who have a roll-over reservation... so if you keep the Mod bumper on your spec, you should* see no price increase.

For people who are ordering for the first time and/or just coming to the B&P now, the Modular bumper is considered an upgrade with an increase in price.
GOT IT, Thanks. Hopping your right, not dauting your knowledge you’ve never steered me wrong in the past (-;
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is the capable does... you would have to remove the bumper and then unbolt the D-Ring shackles to expose the end of the frame rail... this would leave you in the same position you'd be in with the modular bumper.

Though it seems like that Ford documentation quoted in this thread implies only the Modular bumper is...
Play it safe and stick with the MOD bumper

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Play it safe and stick with the MOD bumper
Unless you want a factory winch with Lux package. Parking sensor bracket and front camera in the way.

When I ordered the modular bumper I naively thought there would be multiple accessories from Ford that would easily attach. About the only thing that pops to mind now that I have it is the two heavy ring brackets, while about a foot too high, look just right for a snow plow

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

MY22 Bumper Confusion

I have a 2 door BL on order (day two order) no vin yet. After reading the MY22 order guide I noticed there are two bumpers offered a Capable powder coated steel bumper which now comes standard with the BL and BD replacing the Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper which was standard on the MY21 BL & BD. Ford is saying they are still offering the Heavy-Duty Modular Front Bumper as an option that you can choose when building your order.

1st Does anyone know what the difference is between the two bumpers.

2nd Does anyone know the cost difference between the two bumpers.

3rd Shouldn’t this fall under the price protection guarantee that Ford put out to existing reservation holders.

I may be reading this wrong or reading too much into it after all I’m easily confused especially when it comes to the Bronco roll out (-; any clarification would be appreciated, Thanks

Bumper Options
  • New for 22MY: Capable Bumper (powder-coated steel)
    • Standard for 22MY Black Diamond and Badlands orders
  • Updated for 22MY: Modular Front Bumper becomes an option on all series

Q&A taken from Bronco Nation:

Q:
I ordered a Black Diamond or Badlands MY21 and don’t want the MY22 standard Capable Bumper. Can I option out of it?
A: Yes. You can option the Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper when you convert your order.

Q: I ordered a Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Wildtrak MY21. Can I get the Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper?
A: Yes. It is available for any trim in 2022.
2) Cost difference = $575
Ford Bronco MY22 New Bumper Ordering Guide Confusion Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 10.46.18 AM

3) It falls under Price Protection: the $575 (ilo steel) cost of the HD Modular is including in the price protection payout for the Badlands. When you do the math for Badlands model price increase plus HD Modular option cost, it comes out exactly to the $975 listed for the two door (i.e., $575 for the bumper, and $400 for the model increase) and $825 listed for the four door ($575 and $250 for the model increase).

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford thought this one through.

Mod bumper 21 -> Mod bumper 22: No additional cost to you
Mod bumper 21 -> Capable bumper 22: You actually come out ahead

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2) Cost difference = $575
Ford Bronco MY22 New Bumper Ordering Guide Confusion Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 10.46.18 AM

3) It falls under Price Protection: the $575 (ilo steel) cost of the HD Modular is including in the price protection payout for the Badlands. When you do the math for Badlands model price increase plus HD Modular option cost, it comes out exactly to the $975 listed for the two door (i.e., $575 for the bumper, and $400 for the model increase) and $825 listed for the four door ($575 and $250 for the model increase).
Ford is asking me to do math, now thats way over the line. Now I'm pissed Really "Math". But thanks that makes alot of since now that I see the math. :)

OP
OP
BigSteveO

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you want a factory winch with Lux package. Parking sensor bracket and front camera in the way.

When I ordered the modular bumper I naively thought there would be multiple accessories from Ford that would easily attach. About the only thing that pops to mind now that I have it is the two heavy ring brackets, while about a foot too high, look just right for a snow plow
So R U sugesting the new Capable bumper over the MOD bumper ?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So R U sugesting the new Capable bumper over the MOD bumper ?
My view: if you are going High or Lux, and want a winch, you're probably better off with an aftermarket winch heavy duty bumper solution than either of the Ford bumpers, so take the money and go with the capable steel bumper. (Unless the Rough Country winch kit can be used with the mod, or they come out with a version for the mod - which they haven't answered me yet on that.)

If you have mid, then the factory winch kit is super expensive, but all under warranty.

Think about it though: you can buy a lot of bumper and winch for $575 plus $3500 ...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford is asking me to do math, now thats way over the line. Now I'm pissed Really "Math". But thanks that makes alot of since now that I see the math. :)
Re-read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley - math good, math keeps population in check, lol

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if the MOD bumper came with the MY21 and I am ordering a MY22 with the same MOD bumper shoulden't the cost be the same, not more ?
You will be getting a certificate worth a specific amount. I have a BD on order and the certificate is $975.00 That covers a $400.00 increase in the MSRP from 21 to 22 and an additional $575.00 I specd' mine all out....other than the bumper, all prices are the same. So that leaves me $575.00 I saw another guys post that the MOD bumper upgrade was....575.00 (a few others said 600-700.00) So that certificate you will receive (probably at the Dealer) will cover this and thus...price protection. I had your same concerns but it appears Ford has taken care of it.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if the MOD bumper came with the MY21 and I am ordering a MY22 with the same MOD bumper shoulden't the cost be the same, not more ?
If you reserved before Mar 19 (thus being eligible for price protection) then you will have a voucher via your dealer that covers the price increases of both the model and the bumper.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No its price protected for standard equipment. Mod bumper is no longer standard and it was never meant to be standard but it was because there were supply issues with the other. Price protection is for standard equipment. You can thing what you want or what it should be, but thats what ford has said will be price protected. Sorry for your luck.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is the capable does... you would have to remove the bumper and then unbolt the D-Ring shackles to expose the end of the frame rail... this would leave you in the same position you'd be in with the modular bumper.

Though it seems like that Ford documentation quoted in this thread implies only the Modular bumper is...
FWIW Bronco Nation also says nay to mounting a winch on the capable bumper. No additional mounting points either, so no bull bar, lights, etc. without drilling.

No its price protected for standard equipment. Mod bumper is no longer standard and it was never meant to be standard but it was because there were supply issues with the other. Price protection is for standard equipment. You can thing what you want or what it should be, but thats what ford has said will be price protected. Sorry for your luck.
No, that's wrong. Ford will include the HD bumper at no charge for those that had a '21 Badlands or BD order. Or you can keep the capable bumper and the difference is subtracted.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if I have seen an answer but does the capable bumper come with plastic front skid/bash plate or metal?

From what I read the modular bumper comes with full metal front bash plate.

After Ford said the words capable it makes me think cheap aka Jeep plastic bumper.
Sponsored