Sponsored

MY22 WT comes now with two roofs...Hardtop and a Soft Top?

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all – I am one of the unlucky ones that had MY21 pushed to a MY22 because I wanted to stick with some of the options Ford is having issues with…(Hardtop, Lux, WT, and the Sasquatch package) and that is OK I have made plans around it. My questions is did anyone else receive the email that states all WT in the MY22 will come standard with a Hardtop and a Soft top? I sent the email to my deal and he came back with….looks like you’re getting to roofs for your WT.
Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all – I am one of the unlucky ones that had MY21 pushed to a MY22 because I wanted to stick with some of the options Ford is having issues with…(Hardtop, Lux, WT, and the Sasquatch package) and that is OK I have made plans around it. My questions is did anyone else receive the email that states all WT in the MY22 will come standard with a Hardtop and a Soft top? I sent the email to my deal and he came back with….looks like you’re getting to roofs for your WT. thanks
It’s the 2022 , 4 door WT that comes standard with soft top. Hard top for 2022, WT, 4 door is an option.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a soft top. You'd have to upgrade to a hard top as with other trims. Or you could pony up for dual tops if they offer it.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Email please?

Sponsored
OP
OP

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Share the email ...
The way I am Looking at this is the MY22 WT comes standard with a softop, but I ordered the Hardtop. So will I get both? The Deal seams to think so. His comments are at the bottom.

Here is a copy of the email-

Jim,

Ford has already reached out to me and told me due to the hardtop issues I will not be getting a MY21 bronco and to expect a MY22 Bronco which is OK. Now Ford just announced that all 4-door Wildtrak broncos in the MY22 will become standard with a soft top and hardtop. Below is the link and info they sent me. Should I now expect both a soft-top and hardtop? Ford has also locked in our price until 2023. Should I expect a price change with this new softball rule? Please let me know what you have heard.

Breaking: Bronco Wildtrak with Soft Top Now Standard in MY22 - Bronco Nation (thebronconation.com)

Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. So far, the Wildtrak trim has only been available with a hard top for both 2- and 4-door units. The hard top prep kit will be included, and the previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option.
In an apparent effort to lower complexity and remove constraints, Ford announced the 2022 model year move to dealers today. Although the 2021 model year is likely to run late into the fourth quarter, dealers and consumers are expected to see additional news related to 2022 model year changes over the next few days.
Greatest of All Tops?
Currently, unscheduled orders with hard tops have been moved to MY22. Additionally, Ford announced last week that consumers with hard tops will be offered a replacement. Who would have thought when the 2021 Bronco was revealed a year ago that the focus of the launch would be a molded top?
So with an unprecedented 125,000 Bronco orders in the bank, this news on a popular model should begin to ease production concerns.
This is the latest move Ford has taken to alleviate address hard top issues, other items the company has offered include:
  • Exclusive promotional items (such as the design development poster)
  • Invites to exclusive Ride and Drive events
  • Invite to Off-Roadeo ahead of vehicle delivery
  • $250 voucher to Off-Roadeo
  • Up to $1,100 in FordPass rewards points
  • Price protection until ’23
  • Free hard top prep kit
  • Free NVH headliner
We expect an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have built units held at the assembly plant (September timing estimate), and an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have been scheduled (October timing estimate).
Bronco Roof Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.
Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ’21 Wildtrak?
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.
Q: If I want to switch my order to a soft top, when do I need to do this by?
A: We can expect additional information in the days to come.
Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ’22?
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.
For additional FAQs regarding tops, visit the Ford support pages. The company is continually adding to these resources.

Mullinax_Ford_Apopka_Email.jpg
It sounds like your are going to get both tops.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They changed it to a standard soft top due to commodities (vs standard hard top) .... you will need to buy a hard top separate or order one and wait until available ... you will not get both standard

OP
OP

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They changed it to a standard soft top due to commodities (vs standard hard top) .... you will need to buy a hard top separate or order one and wait until available ... you will not get both standard
So I ordered mine with the MIC Hard top...no need for the gloss black hard top. Now does that mean they change my options to only a hard top or to they add the hard top and keep the soft top in place. The dealer seems to think I get both. I don't really want the soft top anyway. I can remove the tops when I need to.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can’t figure how you came up with two tops having read this article. ? Looks to me the standard order for the WT is a soft top only. A MIC top looks like an option you will have to pay for down the road.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I ordered mine with the MIC Hard top...no need for the gloss black hard top. Now does that mean they change my options to only a hard top or to they add the hard top and keep the soft top in place. The dealer seems to think I get both. I don't really want the soft top anyway. I can remove the tops when I need to.
If my memory is correct, the soft top is standard now due to the limited supply of hard tops. You can always upgrade it to the MIC, but you will need to wait until they are available.

Sponsored

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my memory is correct, the soft top is standard now due to the limited supply of hard tops. You can always upgrade it to the MIC, but you will need to wait until they are available.
You won't get both (dual tops) standard.

OP
OP

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can’t figure how you came up with two tops having read this article. ? Looks to me the standard order for the WT is a soft top only. A MIC top looks like an option you will have to pay for down the road.
What I am saying is I ordered a MIC top. So with that does it mean the Soft top also will be there? Look at the bottom of the email and the dealer seems to think so.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I am saying is I ordered a MIC top. So with that does it mean the Soft top also will be there? Look at the bottom of the email and the dealer seems to think so.
You are saying you ordered a MIC? They were standard until that announcement. If it was like the old B&P the price did not include both tops when you tried to order the MIC on any of the other trims that came with soft tops standard. You just “upgraded” to a different top.

OP
OP

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are saying you ordered a MIC? They were standard until that announcement. If it was like the old B&P the price did not include both tops when you tried to order the MIC on any of the other trims that came with soft tops standard. You just “upgraded” to a different top.
That makes sense. I will be sure to let everyone know when I get my MY22 in a year from now. Ha Ha......

OP
OP

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Makes sense. Now I just have to wait and see.
Sponsored