Sponsored

MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
First of all, we don't know exactly how many orders Ford actually has. We believe it is about 140,000.

Second, we don't know how many of those folks have voluntarily pushed theirs into MY22 hoping to get one of the MY22 options. Some folks really want the Modular top, (MY22) or Mansquatch (MY22), or are simply hoping for a decent color (MY22)

Even though those options are MY22, nobody with two neurons to rub together reasonably believes those are going to be early MY22 at this point. Anyone holding out for a mod top or dual tops should expect at least 2nd quarter of 22.

Third, the MAP has a capacity of 1200/day, plus 960 on Saturday. There are 18 build weeks from 1st week of August to end of MY21 production. So FoMoCo could theoretically build 125,000 Broncos if they built zero Rangers. The expected split is 80:20 so that's still 100,000 Broncos. Remember, every Bronco already has a buyer, Rangers are built "on spec". So Ford definitely wants to build as many as possible.

The problem is, with all the parts and supplier issues, nobody actually believes that Ford will have the parts to build that many. Mostly because nobody believes that Westabo can build 90,000 tops by the end of the year.

So, if Ford can't get the tops, they will build Rangers or Soft-top Broncos for the dealers.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand but I was also reading today the 2dr hard tops might not be as constrained as the 4dr hard tops. I mean in theory they’re less material and should be easier/quicker to build.

If they gave the option I would take delivery without the hard top and wait for it to be delivered later. I probably won’t have a top on it 95% of the time anyway (live in SoCal it rains twice a year here basically) and was going to buy the bestop soft top anyway as the main top I’d use.
Not sure where you heard that but in theory that would make sense. All I know is the hard tops are an issue and the 2DR only has hard top as an option. That’s why we haven’t seen very many 2DR vins yet.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to break it to you but a 2DR is giant constraint with the roof issues.
Where did you hear this (Specifically)? In March, I had a discussion with a quality engineer at Webasto, and at that time, the 2 door roofs were being produced without issue, the 4 door ones were giving them trouble. I expect the info at that time to be accurate, but were dealing with lots of moving parts here. Short of assuming all roofs are giving issues, , where did you hear that?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you hear this (Specifically)? In March, I had a discussion with a quality engineer at Webasto, and at that time, the 2 door roofs were being produced without issue, the 4 door ones were giving them trouble. I expect the info at that time to be accurate, but were dealing with lots of moving parts here. Short of assuming all roofs are giving issues, , where did you hear that?
Everywhere? Lol. The 2DR only has a hard top so naturally the roof issues make it the highest constraint there is. This is why there aren’t very many 2DR vins and were saying soft top, 4dr, big bends pulled with March reservation dates.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everywhere? Lol. The 2DR only has a hard top so naturally the roof issues make it the highest constraint there is. This is why there aren’t very many 2DR vins and were saying soft top, 4dr, big bends pulled with March reservation dates.
The 2 door has fewer orders. That in itself could be the reason for 2 door delays. Like I mentioned, I was told by a reliable source that the 2 door hardtop was manufacturable in volume, the 4 door was causing issues. Ford may have been aware of the top issue long before July launch. That would explain the 4 door soft top and the 2 door hardtop. To me, that is backwards from a marketing perspective. I don't know if 2 door and 4 door units can use the same tooling. That would have an impact as well.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's insane to think I reserved within hours of reveal yet this might very well end up being the reality....2 years from reservation to delivery, absurd lol.
There's a Seinfeld episode for this ...

Ford Bronco MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking? FordReservationSeinfeld

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My question is how much does the 3/19 cut mean at this point? I ask bc I had a late April res and converted to an order early may.
Also, I’ve seen two posts that had order dates later than mine that have build dates. Personally I think at this point it all could come down to constraints on the individual builds.

Not much? 2 big things: Dealer priority orders skipped all reservation time stamps and constraints. That and 4DR soft tops skip to the front of the line regardless due to the constraints. So much so that there will be 2021 dealer stock basically guaranteed, and Ford is producing a 3rd Dealer mannequin and allowing them to sell them early without penalty due to the hard top issues (this is confirmed via Dealers here and Ford emails).

OP
OP

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First of all, we don't know exactly how many orders Ford actually has. We believe it is about 140,000.

Second, we don't know how many of those folks have voluntarily pushed theirs into MY22 hoping to get one of the MY22 options. Some folks really want the Modular top, (MY22) or Mansquatch (MY22), or are simply hoping for a decent color (MY22)

Even though those options are MY22, nobody with two neurons to rub together reasonably believes those are going to be early MY22 at this point. Anyone holding out for a mod top or dual tops should expect at least 2nd quarter of 22.

Third, the MAP has a capacity of 1200/day, plus 960 on Saturday. There are 18 build weeks from 1st week of August to end of MY21 production. So FoMoCo could theoretically build 125,000 Broncos if they built zero Rangers. The expected split is 80:20 so that's still 100,000 Broncos. Remember, every Bronco already has a buyer, Rangers are built "on spec". So Ford definitely wants to build as many as possible.

The problem is, with all the parts and supplier issues, nobody actually believes that Ford will have the parts to build that many. Mostly because nobody believes that Westabo can build 90,000 tops by the end of the year.

So, if Ford can't get the tops, they will build Rangers or Soft-top Broncos for the dealers.
This is why they should give us the option to accept delivery without the top with a later date delivery for it. Honestly my 2dr will probably never have the hard top on it after delivery...I plan to get the bestop soft top for it and SoCal rains 10 days/yr max...

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not much? 2 big things: Dealer priority orders skipped all reservation time stamps and constraints. That and 4DR soft tops skip to the front of the line regardless due to the constraints. So much so that there will be 2021 dealer stock basically guaranteed, and Ford is producing a 3rd Dealer mannequin and allowing them to sell them early without penalty due to the hard top issues (this is confirmed via Dealers here and Ford emails).
For what it’s worth I was talking with a dealer guy this morning and he said that there are not as many priority builds as people think. His dealership has one of the biggest number of reservations in the southeast and they have two priority builds.
he did said basic 4-door builds with soft tops will be built pretty quick so that made me happy.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure where you heard that but in theory that would make sense. All I know is the hard tops are an issue and the 2DR only has hard top as an option. That’s why we haven’t seen very many 2DR vins yet.
It was in one of the posts from the other day. Plus, the most recent pics from MAP only shows 2drs in their inventory on the lot.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For what it’s worth I was talking with a dealer guy this morning and he said that there are not as many priority builds as people think. His dealership has one of the biggest number of reservations in the southeast and they have two priority builds.
he did said basic 4-door builds with soft tops will be built pretty quick so that made me happy.
Rough estimate is pretty easy, little over 3,000 dealerships in US, over 100 res = 2, otherwise 1. I'd bet between 4000-5000 priority orders. Was mostly just saying that constraints have the largest effect, as 4DR soft top dealer stock will be out before the end of the year, so basically anyone going for that has a good shot at a '21 regardless of timestamp on reservation. I'm going 2DR, so just hoping that they release a 2DR softtop soon, otherwise I know for sure I'll be a '22 with my day 7 res.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rough estimate is pretty easy, little over 3,000 dealerships in US, over 100 res = 2, otherwise 1. I'd bet between 4000-5000 priority orders. Was mostly just saying that constraints have the largest effect, as 4DR soft top dealer stock will be out before the end of the year, so basically anyone going for that has a good shot at a '21 regardless of timestamp on reservation. I'm going 2DR, so just hoping that they release a 2DR softtop soon, otherwise I know for sure I'll be a '22 with my day 7 res.
No need to speculate. We know the exact number of orders in the Dealer Priority Allowance (3,104)…

Ford Bronco MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking? 4396F8FE-554F-4CB6-9DB9-19B395C9263D

Source: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...y-order-slots-were-allotted-to-dealers.15245/

… which is about three times the total Broncos produced in the month of May (1,069)…

Ford Bronco MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking? E0F86D80-04DD-411D-820D-DB572D6F18CF

Source: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-in-may-per-may-2021-ford-sales-report.17376/

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of my concerns is all the folks that converted theirs to orders but with a 99. I did not, was perfectly fine with he MIC top (preferred it actually).

But due to constraints, my WT might go into MY22.

So what happens when all those 99'ers come back... Will my place in line get pushed back because folks that made their reservation before me get their original place?

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of my concerns is all the folks that converted theirs to orders but with a 99. I did not, was perfectly fine with he MIC top (preferred it actually).

But due to constraints, my WT might go into MY22.

So what happens when all those 99'ers come back... Will my place in line get pushed back because folks that made their reservation before me get their original place?
Sponsored