Sponsored

MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking?

OP
OP

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to break it to you but a 2DR is giant constraint with the roof issues.
I understand but I was also reading today the 2dr hard tops might not be as constrained as the 4dr hard tops. I mean in theory they’re less material and should be easier/quicker to build.

If they gave the option I would take delivery without the hard top and wait for it to be delivered later. I probably won’t have a top on it 95% of the time anyway (live in SoCal it rains twice a year here basically) and was going to buy the bestop soft top anyway as the main top I’d use.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My $0.02 from all the info this forum has generated:

2023 delivery not impossible but unlikely
Your goal of May 2022 is iffy. I'm an October '20 2-door reservation and I'm not sure I will have mine by then. A lot can happen over the next year, and it really depends on when and how effectively Ford ramps up production. Feel like it's a coin flip.

If you absolutely need wheels, don't rely on Ford/Webasto... obtain a short term solution until your Bronco is ready.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of my concerns is all the folks that converted theirs to orders but with a 99. I did not, was perfectly fine with he MIC top (preferred it actually).

But due to constraints, my WT might go into MY22.

So what happens when all those 99'ers come back... Will my place in line get pushed back because folks that made their reservation before me get their original place?

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, timestamp is supposed to still play a significant role.

OP
OP

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My $0.02 from all the info this forum has generated:

2023 delivery not impossible but unlikely
Your goal of May 2022 is iffy. I'm an October '20 2-door reservation and I'm not sure I will have mine by then. A lot can happen over the next year, and it really depends on when and how effectively Ford ramps up production. Feel like it's a coin flip.

If you absolutely need wheels, don't rely on Ford/Webasto... obtain a short term solution until your Bronco is ready.
The short term solutions are all so stupid though it’s so hard to get behind one. Any money I spend on those would be money I could’ve put down on the Bronco.

Option 1: buy used - yeah right the market is BS right now on that front I’m not buying a 100k mi car for $10K, it’s ridiculous. The resale on that in 1-2 years would be $3-5K at best.

Option 2: Lease and end it short when my reservation arrives. This has been a better solution in my opinion as I don’t have to worry about maintaining, buying, and selling a used car. I’ll be out $10K this route but won’t have to deal with the possible repairs and selling issues of the used car.

Either way I’m out $10K or I can continue to walk everywhere and cross my fingers I don’t have to wait 12-18mo for my order.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of my concerns is all the folks that converted theirs to orders but with a 99. I did not, was perfectly fine with he MIC top (preferred it actually).

But due to constraints, my WT might go into MY22.

So what happens when all those 99'ers come back... Will my place in line get pushed back because folks that made their reservation before me get their original place?
I don’t think you truly moved forward in line, they still have their place, their order is just on hold. So right now if they could build a 99’d order, they won’t it will go to you but when they remove their hold and the order can be built, they will get there’s first.

They didn’t lose their place in line, just gave you a chance if constraints clear up.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would assume so -- those switching to 99 aren't sacrificing their reservation order, just telling Ford to skip them until MY22.

But I wouldn't worry. I doubt the number of people switching to 99 is all that significant, to the extent that it would appreciably delay your build. You have to remember that the folks on this forum are the most Bronco obsessed people out there and represent a small percentage of reservations. Most reservation holders don't know what a 99 is.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford actually honors its promise not to raise prices for people who get bumped to a MY 22, another way to look at this is; how much $$$ does Ford lose due to the current inflation?

At first I was mildly annoyed that Ford would take unlimited $100 reservations without any expectation of being able to fill the orders timely. But if that $100 locked in prices that were set in 2020, for a 2022 truck during high inflation, then it is a great investment.

OP
OP

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford actually honors its promise not to raise prices for people who get bumped to a MY 22, another way to look at this is; how much $$$ does Ford lose due to the current inflation?

At first I was mildly annoyed that Ford would take unlimited $100 reservations without any expectation of being able to fill the orders timely. But if that $100 locked in prices that were set in 2020, for a 2022 truck during high inflation, then it is a great investment.
I don’t know how Ford manages their contracts but my company manufactures aircraft and we lock in pricing for 5yrs - sounds crazy but suppliers commit to it. Some add adjustments at year 2-3 or throughout but the pricing is locked in ahead of time whether they lose money or make money (not often are they losing money unless we reduce order volume).

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t think you truly moved forward in line, they still have their place, their order is just on hold. So right now if they could build a 99’d order, they won’t it will go to you but when they remove their hold and the order can be built, they will get there’s first.

They didn’t lose their place in line, just gave you a chance if constraints clear up.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Right now I'm inside my dealer allocation so if it weren't for constraints I'd get mine in 21. But once everyone is back in line, I have a feeling I'm going to... :poop:

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know how Ford manages their contracts but my company manufactures aircraft and we lock in pricing for 5yrs - sounds crazy but suppliers commit to it. Some add adjustments at year 2-3 or throughout but the pricing is locked in ahead of time whether they lose money or make money (not often are they losing money unless we reduce order volume).
I'm sure there is a lot of that which will blunt the effect. But Ford would still raise prices.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone that has an order in will get a bronco by next summer.
It's insane to think I reserved within hours of reveal yet this might very well end up being the reality....2 years from reservation to delivery, absurd lol.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, this looks like the weekend I start putting alternate contingency plans in place.
I've been doing that since I placed my order. :confused:

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most of that is cynical humor. What we don’t know about 2022 is how dealer stock plays into production scheduling versus customer orders. Theoretically at full production, they should be able to get through all the reservations converted to orders next year.
Honestly, we don’t know hardly anything. The best bet we have at any update is someone sneaking out of the factory to post anonymously.

Neither Ford or the dealerships communicate anything at all, unless it’s to send a mass email saying we’re not going to tell you anything. We’re all left guessing.

it’s pitiful. #broncofail

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My question is how much does the 3/19 cut mean at this point? I ask bc I had a late April res and converted to an order early may.
Also, I’ve seen two posts that had order dates later than mine that have build dates. Personally I think at this point it all could come down to constraints on the individual builds.
Sponsored