Sponsored

MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at an auto show a month ago. I got to chatting with one of the corporate guys (not the marketing people) and he told me they are over 300k hand raisers meaning people that submitted a $100 reservation. I’m hopeful that I can get my build by end of 2022. However that’s a lot of vehicles to build assuming they build all 300k.

Also I ordered around when OP did and my dealer did say, “full disclosure because of when you reserved you need to mentally prepare for late 22 or early 23”. That’s all the info I have.

It sounds like others have reports of less reservations. I am only relaying what I was told.
As of the earnings teleconference in February 2021, the last official reference that I could find from management was “just shy of 200,000”…

Ford Bronco MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking? EE7DAE45-2DB5-4D95-A217-A71C0D1A360F
Ford Bronco MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking? 6318CE49-9DD6-4095-B5E4-238A42A97F7A

While I certainly believe that you were told “300K” by one of the “corporate guys” at the auto show a few months ago, I doubt that claim was factually correct. The total is unlikely to have increased by 50% since February, given how quickly orders slowed down just a few months after the July 2020 Bronco reveal. If it were true, then the executive team and the PR department would have surely discussed it publicly, just like they’ve done multiple times with F-150 Lightning reservations since the reveal a few weeks ago (which now total over 100,000).

Source:https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...v-2021-broncos-make-a-cameo.16791/post-638398
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And issues with the 2dr floorpan supplier. :censored:
Thank you for sharing this. I think everyone was suspecting that there were other issues with the 2dr since so few early 2dr reservations have been pulled. I guess we can all stop worrying about needing to remove the tow pkg.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can get a pretty good idea if you look at the numbers. They had over 200k reservations prior to the end of 2020, and have continued to take reservations. They had approximately 70% conversion from reservations to orders in March.

The Michigan Assembly Plant has been producing approximately 11k Rangers per month, prior to Bronco production. If they "flip" production and produce 10k Broncos a month, starting in August you have some number by end of year. You've got some "knowns", right.

So, 200k * 70% puts us at 140k orders for 2021 vehicles by March 19.
Producing 10k units a month from August (when they go to full production), is 50k units by end of year. That's about 1/3 of the converted reservations. That puts all converted orders (by March 19) produced by about August/September 2022. So, any reservation not converted by March 19 should begin production sometime around third-quarter 2022. An early 2021 reservation, converted to an order after March 19 should be produced and delivered at the very end of 2022 or beginning 2023.

That's just looking at the knowns. They build them when they have parts, so someone that had a reservation in March and converted right away may get their Bronco first because they have the parts available.

Your build is exactly like mine, 2D Badlands, 2.3/MT, tow, high package. My reservation was early 7/14, converted from reservation to order on the first day. My dealer told me I was in their initial allocation, but with constraints, I may not see my Bronco in 2021. It was important to me to get it in 2021, as a 2021 model, so with all the constraints, hard top issues, I cancelled.

It wouldn't be unreasonable at all that you would see your Bronco in 2023, based on the knowns, but there is really no way of knowing.

Right or wrong I'm going to go with this Ace, because that's exactly the time I would like to have mine arrive. I'm feeling much better now. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of my concerns is all the folks that converted theirs to orders but with a 99. I did not, was perfectly fine with he MIC top (preferred it actually).

But due to constraints, my WT might go into MY22.

So what happens when all those 99'ers come back... Will my place in line get pushed back because folks that made their reservation before me get their original place?
IMHO this should have never happened. Ford should have said if you want a '22 you need to place another reservation, and drop your first one. Or, they should have changed their date/time stamp to the day they 99ed their order. This could have put many with later, but not so far later reservations, further out than they should have been. I'm an Oct reservation, late to game in anyone's book. If just 100 before me 99ed, I'm pushed that farther out in the tall grass.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of the earnings teleconference in February 2021, the last official reference that I could find from management was “just shy of 200,000”…

Ford Bronco MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking? 6318CE49-9DD6-4095-B5E4-238A42A97F7A

While I certainly believe that you were told “300K” by one of the “corporate guys” at the auto show a few months ago, I doubt that claim was factually correct. The total is unlikely to have increased by 50% since February, given how quickly orders slowed down just a few months after the July 2020 Bronco reveal. If it were true, then the executive team and the PR department would have surely discussed it publicly, just like they’ve done multiple times with F-150 Lightning reservations since the reveal a few weeks ago (which now total over 100,000).

Source:https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...v-2021-broncos-make-a-cameo.16791/post-638398
Ford announced 190,000 reservations in October of last year, and continued to take reservations. So, 300,000 wouldn't be out of the question. Not saying they're at 300k, but they were at 190k in October.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford announced 190,000 reservations in October of last year, and continued to take reservations. So, 300,000 wouldn't be out of the question. Not saying they're at 300k, but they were at 190k in October.
And they were “just shy of 200,000” in early February — which is an increase of less than 10,000 in the 4 months since October— speaking to a bunch of Wall Street analysts on a recorded and transcribed earnings teleconference, while bragging about their marketing, sales, and inventory stats. I believe the 190,000 in October, and I believe the “just shy of 200,000” in February, but I do not believe the word-of-mouth of “300K” from one of the unidentified “corporate guys (not a marketing type)” at a car show in May, three months later. No disrespect to @JeebusCripes, because I honestly believe that is what he was told. I just don’t believe it was a truthful claim. YMMV. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And they were “just shy of 200,000” in early February — which is an increase of less than 10,000 in the 4 months since October— speaking to a bunch of Wall Street analysts on a recorded and transcribed earnings teleconference, while bragging about their marketing, sales, and inventory stats. I believe the 190,000 in October, and I believe the “just shy of 200,000” in February, but I do not believe the word-of-mouth of “300K” from one of the unidentified “corporate guys (not a marketing type)” at a car show in May, three months later. No disrespect to @JeebusCripes, because I honestly believe that is what he was told. I just don’t believe it was a truthful claim. YMMV. 🤷‍♂️
None taken. After reading these forums for a month I have so much more knowledge compared to when I spoke to the guy at the auto show. I found these forums shortly after I saw the bronco in person and fell in love with what is coming. If I were to the guy now I’d have a lot more questions for him. I’m happy 300k is hopefully just an exaggeration. Because whatever the number is I’m on the tail end of it. I’d much rather be at the back of 190k-200k.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it’s worth I was talking with a dealer guy this morning and he said that there are not as many priority builds as people think. His dealership has one of the biggest number of reservations in the southeast and they have two priority builds.
he did said basic 4-door builds with soft tops will be built pretty quick so that made me happy.
from what I read, dealers get max 2 priority orders, depending on their allocations. I have yet to see any evidence of the VIP orders people cry about, haven't seen any, heard of any, maybe some of the dealer people here can chime in?

ETA, saw that table with the exact number of priority orders after my reply. Still nothing about VIP orders people talk about, as far as I can tell, there are none.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m happy 300k is hopefully just an exaggeration. Because whatever the number is I’m on the tail end of it. I’d much rather be at the back of 190k-200k.
In February there were just over 190,000 "reservations". They had a roughly 70% conversion rate, for approximately 130,000 actual "orders".

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still nothing about VIP orders people talk about, as far as I can tell, there are none.
Search for “VIP” and you’ll find quite a few references (example below). Most dealers don’t discuss it because they know it just pisses off the plebs. That Dealer Priority Allowance table I posted has “Ford Secret - Internal Use Only” in the lower left corner for a reason, but it was leaked here against the wishes of the mothership.

They know who they are because most of them have some type of relationship with Ford at a very high level. They're not just customers who Ford picked and said, you're a VIP. In my case, one is a well known actor, who actually does business with us normally anyways, so he got that designation without having to go through us first. The other two we had labeled as VIP are a major off road producer of parts, and they had a contact with Ford through SEMA. I can get Ford wanting to get them their two Broncos early since they're going to be doing product development on it and they've had a long relationship with Ford. So in a nutshell, I had 3, out of hundreds of orders.

Last edited:

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kudos for your dealer telling you you’re #40 in line. I got the total number of reservations but my dealer won’t tell me my place in line
Mine wouldn’t tell me either. He said he didn’t know. Which we all know is BS.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤨 please don’t be loaner Bronco Sports lol
They can’t fulfill orders for the Sport in a timely manner either. The whole operation is a shit show.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you take emotion out of the equation and thinking logically here it would answer your question. Those saying MY23 are early reservation holders that got burned and are trying to take the pain out on everyone else. This is a standard mass produced vehicle. There is nothing special about it. Jeep builds 250k of these things in a year. COVID screwed up the supply chain, sure, but those disruptions will end, and fast. This is a high margin high heritage vehicle for Ford. They’ve publicly stated their priority in getting Bronco rolled out. Every day you see people complain about the delay and cancel their reservation. How many more will cancel when they don’t take delivery this year? Never forget, this isn’t rocket science. We have a rover and drone on Mars right now being controlled from earth. I think Ford will figure out how to get plastic hard tops built quickly before 2023 🤣 I have no doubts by end of summer next year there will not only be no more reservation orders unfulfilled, but no ADM on stock vehicles will be easier to come by.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you take emotion out of the equation and thinking logically here it would answer your question. Those saying MY23 are early reservation holders that got burned and are trying to take the pain out on everyone else. This is a standard mass produced vehicle. There is nothing special about it. Jeep builds 250k of these things in a year. COVID screwed up the supply chain, sure, but those disruptions will end, and fast. This is a high margin high heritage vehicle for Ford. They’ve publicly stated their priority in getting Bronco rolled out. Every day you see people complain about the delay and cancel their reservation. How many more will cancel when they don’t take delivery this year? Never forget, this isn’t rocket science. We have a rover and drone on Mars right now being controlled from earth. I think Ford will figure out how to get plastic hard tops built quickly before 2023 🤣 I have no doubts by end of summer next year there will not only be no more reservation orders unfulfilled, but no ADM on stock vehicles will be easier to come by.
Hahaha. Yeah that was going to be my next question, if Ford is trying to compete with Jeep 10k units per month isn’t going to cut it (although it definitely steals some of their market share).

As someone who is in Aerospace manufacturing, I can definitely see how some of their parts could have long lead times but nowhere near ours when you compare complexity. So I’m hopeful. Their longest lead time part should be the engines (maybe some electronics) and if they’re not worried about that, then their supply problems can be fixed in under 6 months.

My understanding is the hard top concerns is a capacity constraint and it sounds like they are throwing money in that direction so I’d expect that issue resolved in 6 months at the latest. Whether they need to buy more tooling, rework the process, or rework the design.
Sponsored