Sponsored

MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you take emotion out of the equation and thinking logically here it would answer your question. Those saying MY23 are early reservation holders that got burned and are trying to take the pain out on everyone else. This is a standard mass produced vehicle. There is nothing special about it. Jeep builds 250k of these things in a year. COVID screwed up the supply chain, sure, but those disruptions will end, and fast. This is a high margin high heritage vehicle for Ford. Theyā€™ve publicly stated their priority in getting Bronco rolled out. Every day you see people complain about the delay and cancel their reservation. How many more will cancel when they donā€™t take delivery this year? Never forget, this isnā€™t rocket science. We have a rover and drone on Mars right now being controlled from earth. I think Ford will figure out how to get plastic hard tops built quickly before 2023 šŸ¤£ I have no doubts by end of summer next year there will not only be no more reservation orders unfulfilled, but no ADM on stock vehicles will be easier to come by.
I'm a non-reservation holder, who buys real vehicles to be seen in person and test driven before buying. So the key for me is when Ford transitions from this reservation cr*p, and starts providing vehicles in dealerships for customers to evaluate and order in a timely manner.

Hopefully after the first initial months we will start to see some of that occurring. I don't imagine Ford dinking around until every last reservation holder has her/his vehicle, before selling to normal car buyers.

Currently between the Bronco, the F150 Lightning, and the Maverick reservations... Ford seems in the business of selling reservations rather than real vehicles. I heard Ford will soon implement a new two step reservation system, where a customer can place a reservation for making a future reservation. ;)
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a non-reservation holder, who buys real vehicles to be seen in person and test driven before buying. So the key for me is when Ford transitions from this reservation cr*p, and starts providing vehicles in dealerships for customers to evaluate and order in a timely manner.

Hopefully after the first initial months we will start to see some of that occurring. I don't imagine Ford dinking around until every last reservation holder has her/his vehicle, before selling to normal car buyers.

Currently between the Bronco, the F150 Lightning, and the Maverick reservations... Ford seems in the business of selling reservations rather than real vehicles. I heard Ford will soon implement a new two step reservation system, where a customer can place a reservation for making a future reservation. ;)
Waiting and ordering would take even longer than just putting in a reservation that fixes nothing. If you want a Bronco, if you love the styling, order it.... We've all had plenty of opportunities to touch and feel a bronco.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Waiting and ordering would take even longer than just putting in a reservation that fixes nothing. If you want a Bronco, if you love the styling, order it.... We've all had plenty of opportunities to touch and feel a bronco.
Really? I haven't in-person touched, heard or driven a 2-door Bronco. Have you guys all already had test drives? When Ford can put one in front of me for those things, then I'll make an informed decision to buy or not.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2 door has fewer orders. That in itself could be the reason for 2 door delays. Like I mentioned, I was told by a reliable source that the 2 door hardtop was manufacturable in volume, the 4 door was causing issues. Ford may have been aware of the top issue long before July launch. That would explain the 4 door soft top and the 2 door hardtop. To me, that is backwards from a marketing perspective. I don't know if 2 door and 4 door units can use the same tooling. That would have an impact as well.
I am still of the opinion that there is not enough room in a two door for a folding top mechanism that will clear the roll bar. Not without interface with the second row of seats. That is why the soft top two doors are bimini lift off, you would have all the drawbacks of a soft top and the storage hassles of a complete hard top (not storing it onboard).

The two door hard tops have three pieces. That is three top section sides that have to mate and seal. The four door has four sections and four mating sides, the problem is the fronts are mated to the middle which will have some tolerance slop adding up, more than the two door. Requires tighter tolerances in production, will likely leak worse and more often than the two doors.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am still of the opinion that there is not enough room in a two door for a folding top mechanism that will clear the roll bar. Not without interface with the second row of seats. That is why the soft top two doors are bimini lift off, you would have all the drawbacks of a soft top and the storage hassles of a complete hard top (not storing it onboard).

The two door hard tops have three pieces. That is three top section sides that have to mate and seal. The four door has four sections and four mating sides, the problem is the fronts are mated to the middle which will have some tolerance slop adding up, more than the two door. Requires tighter tolerances in production, will likely leak worse and more often than the two doors.
What part do you think will interfere on the 2-door Bronco? For reference, here is a photo of a soft top (I think it's OEM) folded back on a 2-door Wrangler JL. There might be other soft top designs as well, I'm not that hip on the newer Wranglers. I bet Ford or aftermarket will have a soft top that fits.

Ford Bronco MY23 / 2023 Delivery - Serious or Joking? 2-doorJLsoftTopFolded

Sponsored

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are a few contingency plans in place to ensure that all current reservations are fulfilled before the end of MY2022.
I hope that includes a contingency plan for the painted roof because for me, that option is non-negotiable, so I will wait however long it takes.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plot twist, there will be no model year 23 šŸ˜¦