Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in GA and will not have leather unless it has AC hooked to it, but that's just me.

Leather gives adjustable headrests, which can be a thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RACERED-WT

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good thing you decided to place an order for 23. Ford announced that all reservations must be converted to buildable orders by November this year. They are ending the reservations one way or the other.
Still waiting for my dealer to reach out for my build.. Has this already begun or are still waiting on MY23 orders for reservation holders to open this month??

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea the heat I can imagine will suck with tops off. Cloth seems like the most appropriate choice for a Bronco to. But I believe with leather you get the power seats. Would love hear about quality and feel of the leather though? Also do you know if they are heated seats? I can live without powerseats but heated seats are really a nice thing to have..
I went with the cloth seats in my OBX lux pkg and haven’t looked back. It’s nice to not burn your ass when you park in the sun with the top back. Still came with heated seats which get pretty damn toasty when turned up on cold mornings.

One thing that makes my life easier is having a wife the same height as me. No need to adjust those manual seats 😂

If the power seats came with memory settings there may be an argument to be made for them.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Still waiting for my dealer to reach out for my build.. Has this already begun or are still waiting on MY23 orders for reservation holders to open this month??
End of September

Sponsored
OP
OP
RACERED-WT

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A-lot great responses!! I think it really just comes down to most of you about the hott weather in your area as to why you didn't want leather. At least that seems to biggest factor in decision.

I have to admit, not having "cooled" seating in the highest trim sucks! Katzskin seems very popular, while I haven't used them before, I would def consider this an option, if they offer cooled seats!?? Which I believe is different than "ventilated"?? However one member here pointed out Katzskin rep had a lot of complaints on thier "ventilated seats" option..

Is there any after market that can turn our OEM seats into actual cooled seats? and if that is possible, is it better to have the OEM leather or Cloths when converting to "cooled" seats in the aftermarket??

OP
OP
RACERED-WT

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the cloth seats in my OBX lux pkg and haven’t looked back. It’s nice to not burn your ass when you park in the sun with the top back. Still came with heated seats which get pretty damn toasty when turned up on cold mornings.

One thing that makes my life easier is having a wife the same height as me. No need to adjust those manual seats 😂

If the power seats came with memory settings there may be an argument to be made for them.
Wait so cloth gets heated option as well? So now it comes down to having cup holders? Which believe it, I cant underestimate the convenience of a cup holder! :D

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wait so cloth gets heated option as well? So now it comes down to having cup holders? Which believe it, I cant underestimate the convenience of a cup holder! :D
All Mid package and up have heated front seats. Two doors have cup holders in the back on the sides, four don't except with the leather option. Somewhere there's a post with aftermarket rear cup holders that looked like a good solution at the back base of the counsel if you have to have them.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just order the 2-door if you need the extra 2 cup holders. Plus you save a couple grand over the 4-door.

OP
OP
RACERED-WT

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just order the 2-door if you need the extra 2 cup holders. Plus you save a couple grand over the 4-door.
If I was single, I'd consider a 2dr.. But wife, kiddo, and more trunk space to include with seats down is a 100% go on a 4dr.

Sponsored

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really prefer the feel of cloth, especially if you live somewhere hot. But leather tends to be easier to clean if you'll be getting out where it's muddy and dusty.

Really the real answer for me is cloth seats with aftermarket seat covers for the backs of the front seats and for the rear seats, my kids just are too messy.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I was single, I'd consider a 2dr.. But wife, kiddo, and more trunk space to include with seats down is a 100% go on a 4dr.
I'm driving mine to work every day, I don't need the B-pillar jabbing me in the shoulder every day. If we need to take the kids somewhere we can take HER car. (giant Crew Cab F-150 she insisted on)

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My last two vehicles had leather, but after driving an Outerbanks with cloth at the Off Roadeo, that’s the direction I decided to go. You can always add leather later if you get tired of the cloth.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not a big fan of the Wildtrak leather look. So I was ordering with Cloth and if I don't like it going with Katskinz with something that looks better then stock.

alohashaneo

Raptor
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' m2 Comp, 22' 911 carrera, Raptor, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Leather 100%. Personally just don't love cloth look on any vehicle. Especially on a vehicle built to be out on trails, the thought of having to wet vac all the seats to get dust or spills out of the cloth when cleaning sounds terrible.

Not to mention the power seat addition if you are getting a 4 door. Would not be happy paying that amount of cash without having power seats...
Sponsored