First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did a quick search and couldn’t find anything on here about it.

spotted it on Flex Rocks and Rollovers “24 hours of Hell and back -Arizona” on YouTube grabbed a few pics. Figured some of you sleuths could find out some info on it.
Edited: with a Instagram link

Ford Bronco Mystery Soft Top Roof Rack spotted A1876B54-5237-4961-BF51-EF4AC7747EBB
Ford Bronco Mystery Soft Top Roof Rack spotted 6C26EB77-684F-4C33-8DB0-FE8CD17F02AE
Ford Bronco Mystery Soft Top Roof Rack spotted 035EEBDA-E2F0-480A-846F-8B3226C257AD
Sponsored

Last edited:

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is great news. At least we know that it can be done without some giant cage around the vehicle. Other companies will be sure to follow with their own variations. I wouldn’t get this one personally, but undoubtedly there will be others coming with a lower profile.

Sponsored

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. I just wonder how hard it is to get the side panels back in.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone is going to have to come up with a rear panel that can zip and either roll or prop arm up. I have no desire to remove that back panel to access my cooler/gear every time.

Not a fan of the look either…but, promising nonetheless. This checks off some of the boxes.

The winner is going to be whoever comes up with a way to at least be able to open the roof to position 1 - when the rack is not in use.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is the point of having a soft top of the rack prevents it from going down ?

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like it, but seems to defeat the point of a soft top if i can't easily and quickly open it up.

Sponsored

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The winner is going to be whoever comes up with a way to at least be able to open the roof to position 1 - when the rack is not in use.
This x1000

Fun fact I originally wanted a Sport Badlands, with the Badlands package, specifically for the sun roof. All my cars except for one have had one and I wasn't going to compromise on it.

Once I realized a Sport wasn't a good fit for me, the soft top was the next best option for me. Why? Low effort to get it open, doing so doesn't take up cargo space like with a hard tip.

I'm impulsive but also hella anxious - I want to take the roof off on a whim driving to a camp spot, but I also want to be as prepared as possible if I need it back on. The hard top roof panels take up enough space that we wouldn't be able to load up camping gear, the dog, and have space for them in the back, even with a rack for storage.

Maybe it's a pipe dream to have it all but there's gotta be some wizard out there that can conjure it 🤔

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This x1000

Fun fact I originally wanted a Sport Badlands, with the Badlands package, specifically for the sun roof. All my cars except for one have had one and I wasn't going to compromise on it.

Once I realized a Sport wasn't a good fit for me, the soft top was the next best option for me. Why? Low effort to get it open, doing so doesn't take up cargo space like with a hard tip.

I'm impulsive but also hella anxious - I want to take the roof off on a whim driving to a camp spot, but I also want to be as prepared as possible if I need it back on. The hard top roof panels take up enough space that we wouldn't be able to load up camping gear, the dog, and have space for them in the back, even with a rack for storage.

Maybe it's a pipe dream to have it all but there's gotta be some wizard out there that can conjure it 🤔
I’m not an engineer in any way. I did some 3D/CG work for 15+ years - but, that in no way qualifies me. But, my thought is if the side rails are slightly off to the side a bit - just to clear the roof and big sturdy front bar that uses the mount points and maybe somewhere lower (think Gobi) - then rear mount points similar as well - but, the crossbars and platforms are easily movable/removable by sliding and/or lifting out for roof access only with the caveat that need to have certain components in place before driving. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Spidurfiji

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im looking for something like this but rather than a full cage rack, just bars to support a thule cargo carrier I have. I dumped enough money on the bars and carrier I really dont want to get a hitch rack.
But looking at the price of this soft top cage, Ill probably spend MUCH less just getting the hitch rack. BLAH.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Year ago I remembered a roof rack that could pivot at the rear of the vehicle when the front was disconnected, letting you put the soft top down and then quickly affix the front of the rack. Of course this was for a Wrangler, but the concept would be the same and I believe what most would be looking for, present company included.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: I contacted TC Bronco directly regarding a rack that could pivot out of the way to retract the soft top and reinstall easily.
He said his father has one of those on his Wrangler and they are planning on producing a rack that will indeed pivot and allow us to lower the top.
Sponsored