Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spoke with the designer at SEMA, they threw this prototype in a few weeks on a friend's bronco. It has a pocket built into the top where you can store the rear and side windows when removed. The top can still operate as normal while windows are stored in the pocket.

They are planning on a bunch of different colors as well as 2 different rear slope angles. Retail was expected to be somewhere around $3500-$4000 or so.

Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top 20211104_125627

Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top 20211104_130112

Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top 20211104_130323

Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top 20211104_130655
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those last pictures are a lil rough looking. Alot of slack, sags, and waves. Hopefully the final product is tighter. If it tops out at $4000 I could consider it but not sure I need it or the extra stuff to fail. My personal perfect design would be a hardtop with racks that had a retractable soft panel(no 3 piece panels) and removable side and rear window panels that could be put on rear portion of the roof rack(which would get its support from the cage instead the body). That way I could have everything open except having shade over my fridge and have room to put the front doors in the back.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The back side window looks smaller than it should be, and the roof does look a little saggy; of course, this is only a prototype. I wonder how creased the windows will get, and how long the motor will work. :unsure:

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Forum,
Just sharing that I saw an announcement, and went to YouTube to check it out, for an electric soft top that will be coming in the Spring timeframe (maybe) for the 2021/2022 Ford Bronco. Not sure I like the rear window, on the myTop brand, but I'm also not sure I like my Ford rear window either. Here's the video and the Bronco segment of it starts at the 1:44 minute mark.

Just sharing in case others had not seen... "and that's it".
Thanks,
Matt

Black Bronco Convertible

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
amzn.to
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone familiar with the Heep version? The way it crushes those side windows makes me think our wavy windows will look amazing in comparison.
On my Jeep, the plastic windows are extra thick, thicker than factory so it can handle all the repeated folding.

They must have threw it together quick as I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if they were going to have a Bronco at SEMA and was told it wouldn't be ready in time. Now I am going to have to add their booth to my must visit list.
I brought this up and they were also surprised at how fast they were able to make a prototype.

I’m never going to have money again...
Lol, I made sure the mytop was my very first mod when I got my Jeep, and I'm glad it did, because I was able to enjoy top down open air freedom any time of the day in seconds even though I was riding on tiny street tires until I saved up enough to do tires and wheels. It was worth it. Nobody notices you skipped legs day when you're always topless.

Here's all the mytop Bronco shots I got at SEMA.

Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top IMG_3428
Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top IMG_3432
Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top IMG_3435
Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top IMG_3436
Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top IMG_3437
Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top IMG_3438
Ford Bronco MyTop Sema Bronco - powered soft top IMG_3440

The mytop itself looks great, but Ford really screwed the pooch with that higher cargo beltline, because me nor mytop have no idea what Ford was thinking when they decided to get rid of your rear visibility.

So based on that, I would like to know once it is initially installed, how hard is it to swap out for the hardtop seasonally?
You can remove the mytop just like a hardtop (at least on my Jeep). It bolts onto the tub and the motors mount on the sides, out of the way above the wheel wells.

The Bronco's mytop will have the ability to remove the rear and wide windows, so you can have it in Safari mode if you like, but just like the Wrangler's mytop, you can still fold everything in one motion without having to get out and remove any window panels.

@BTomorama
Do you know anything about the reliability/longevity of these tops?
I looked up reviews on line, and like most things they seem all over the place. Seems like instalation correctly the first time is key or there can be issues with it folding/closing correctly. Also saw several reviews about the motors failing.
I'm interested but there isn't an installer here in Chattanooga. Closest would be Atlanta or Knoxville. If i have problems I don't want to drive two hours to have it fixed, reinstalled, adjusted etc.
thanks
Robert
I've had my mytop for a little over a year now and it has held up great through multiple New York rain & snow storms. It has never leaked and it's actually QUIETER and warmer than my factory hardtop (which I sold for $1500) I used their dealer locator to find my nearest certified installer. Install cost ranges from 600-800, mine was the latter, but it was worth saving 6-8 hours of labor. People have paid more to get leather seats installed, and I never want to put my fingertips through that hell again either.

This is my mytop and I couldn't be happier with the amount of smiles per gallon I get. What other mod do you get to use every single day and makes you smile in seconds? People get so hung up on the price, but don't think about the amount of joy it brings everyday. Even on rainy days, there's always a break in the rain and that's when you get to enjoy the wet atmosphere while looking like a madman with their top down. Even if it's just for a few minutes, it's a nice experience to have during your commute. I only wish I had the Bronco's sport bar delete. Really takes away from my open air freedom.

I have an instagram showcasing my daily life with my Jeep and the mytop is in most of them since I literally use it almost every day.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1. From what I've seen, the mechanics on this top are way better.
2. They will have 6+ colors, including black, as well as interior liner color and custom stitching.
3. Factory top has 0 visibility in full down. This has some visibility and they are working on getting it as close to the top of rear light as possible.
4. The rear panel unzips on the sides and can fold up, giving full height access to rear. Not quit as easy, but more access.
5. Valid points on the last reason, but from what I can tell, quality is top notch.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They were pushing to get it ready I. Time, but were being coy just in case. That's my Bronco the prototype is on :D.
Did you keep the MyTop after SEMA? If so, what are your thoughts on the product? Thanks!

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you keep the MyTop after SEMA? If so, what are your thoughts on the product? Thanks!
They had to pull it to work on the second prototype, but I should get to play with that one.

From my brief exposure, top quality is super nice. Interior has a liner, so it looks super clean inside. Liner has a pouch that stores the three back panels and top is still functional.
Sponsored