Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all!

I finally got to see a Bronco in person and oh boy did my heart skip a beat. Today I got to view an Area 51, 4-door, soft top, Outerbanks Bronco. For comparison, I have an AMB, 2-door, OBX, Lux package with towing and roof racks on order (I'm sure I'm forgetting something else here...). Plus whatever I end up using those Ford points for!

**Disclaimer** - I'm on here a good bit but not as much of the higher-scoring users, so please be kind if I state anything that's common knowledge on here.

First, I have to say that Area 51 really makes me question my AMB choice. But going off the orders I've seen on here, I'll at least get to stare at a bunch of them as they drive down the road ;) .Second, I don't *hate* the blue/grey leather in person. I honestly had to check that I wasn't seeing an exclusive all-grey interior haha. I still can't see forking over $2k for a "leather-trimmed" interior, especially when my options are two-toned blue or brown. More of an all or nothing situation for me. I'd have the MGV if they'd let me have it in the OBX!

As far as the glossy black grille, another thing I didn't *hate* in person. Of course I worry about road-rash, but the Ford rep did state that the grilles are easily interchangeable, so that's something we have going for us if our selected configuration doesn't match our desired aesthetic. He also specified the AUX buttons include the wiring setup pre-installed, to make accessories that much easier to put in.

The rear camera is hidden nicely in the spare mount. All the cameras (I could find) were nicely cloaked, so +1 in my book for that.

The steel bumper was nice, but not a fan of the "bolted on" look. A few are okay, but this has far too many for my taste.

For the soft top, the rep said there's a couple straps that help hold it back for the sunrider-esq option while driving.

I tried to note some 4-door specific things. They did put the rear seats down and I can confirm they don't lay flat. Also for those of you looking to lay down back there, you're either curling up or around 5 foot tall. I'm 5'2" and I think I'd be okay haha. The trunk area was fairly spacious. I used to own a 2 and a 4 door Wrangler, so comparatively speaking Bronco is doing better on all points.

The rock rail option is supposed to hold 1.5 times the weight of the Bronco. So if you and a few buddies get stuck, you *shouldn't* have to worry about damage.

Seeing the doors open was definitely a little hard for my brain to process haha. It's like seeing half doors on a fully outfitted vehicle. Just takes a little getting used to for your brain to comprehend it. Overall I love that feature and the fact you get to keep your mirrors on at all times. Speaking of which, the accessories mount to the mirror's platform on the cowl of the car. Good use of space there.

A cool thing to note is that Ford will provide a small tool kit with your Bronco to swap out any and all accessories. A nice attention to detail I think. I remember when I wanted to remove the Wrangler's soft top from the factory install under the hard top, I had to go out and find the specific star key to fit it or take it all the way back to the dealer and pay them to un-install it.

This dealer said they're going to get in two Broncos for test drives towards the end of June. One will be Cyber Orange, and they'll have 2-door and 4-door options available. One will be a manual and the other automatic. Not sure which will be on what model, but exciting either way. The dealer said they have 125 orders and the Ford rep said that was a pretty large amount. Though I'm sure someone in TX has that beat haha. And if you're planning on ordering a Bronco, and HAVEN'T placed an order yet, be sure to place your reservation online first and then have your dealer convert it. When it comes down to production time (in 2022) and you and another person at your selected dealer both want a Wildtrak, but your dealer's only getting one that week, whoever's time stamp is first will get it that week. The Ford rep also stated that they want to ensure the Bronco release goes as smoothly and on-plan as they can. The chip shortage is a global problem, but they're focusing on getting the Broncos out first, then working on the F150s. Another cool fact, 80% of the Broncos on order are coming from non-Ford owners.

Also, there was a 6'5" gentleman there and he did state he fits in comfortably, for what it's worth! ha

Needless to say, I am so excited about my Bronco.

_______

Attached are pretty much every photo and video from today - enjoy!

*Please excuse the underside videos. I was trying to do those quickly and discreetly as I had quite a few others around me at the time haha.

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageSqOphR

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImagebztqBZ

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageq1md7O

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImagecqd7lB

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageu47ntP

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImage6zntzb

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImage3bpxHe

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageopGb8b

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageQb33kC

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageT87zsj

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageuQW2KJ

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageOjd8Rj

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageQmQnOa

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageru3sY

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImage4j2Q14

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImage4xlmrK

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImagezGGpYx

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImages2uPRa

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImagepLMdp6

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImagefwL418

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageEuT1pL

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImage0s5wWw

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImagepiBn5Z

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training tempImageEvhl2b

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training 1620929918975

Ford Bronco Nashville - Wyatt Johnson Dealer Training 1620929919059
Sponsored

Last edited:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you!!

Ween

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
🛰
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice pics! Wish I could get out of work and check them out too.

hellonickmiller

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice writeup I missed the first hour so I appreciate the summary. I'm one of the 125 preorders at Wyatt. Has anyone here in Nashville received a build date or VIN? Curious where I am in line.

Sponsored
OP
OP

alyssakatherine

Outer Banks
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice writeup I missed the first hour so I appreciate the summary. I'm one of the 125 preorders at Wyatt. Has anyone here in Nashville received a build date or VIN? Curious where I am in line.
Haven't gotten mine yet. Though I went into this figuring I'll probably have my built towards the end of the year. Anything sooner will be a nice surprise!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is the first time I have seen an OBX 51 with leather. The NP leather ties nicely with the exterior color and the grab handles. Very nice.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need those fender flares to throw on my OBX Squatch with paint matched top... :cool:

OP
OP

alyssakatherine

Outer Banks
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A year later and I've finally got my build date for 5/30 :)
Sponsored