Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A month ago or so I’d seen reports of an issue folks were experiencing after an update where their navigation’s predicted destination ETA was off by 11-12 hours or more. Two OTA updates ago mine (previously working great) began this behavior as well and has yet to be fixed. As you get closer to your destination the time will slowly get more accurate but it’s basically useless. It’s one of the only reasons I ponied up the $80 for NAV as I like to see right off the bat if I need to take a different route to work. Has anybody else found a solution to this or has it been addressed? Maybe I’m one of only a few that are having issues.. I searched around but of course can’t find much on it any more
Sponsored

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rarely trust or use any car navigation system/software other than Google Maps. It's just the best there is. Nothing can beat it for driving on most roads (excluding off road).

OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I rarely trust or use any car navigation system/software other than Google Maps. It's just the best there is. Nothing can beat it for driving on most roads (excluding off road).
We all know google maps is superior (it’s all I use for real NAV too) but I wasn’t looking for a google maps review as much as I was looking for any guidance on a bug affecting a neat feature of the onboard NAV

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We all know google maps is superior (it’s all I use for real NAV too) but I wasn’t looking for a google maps review as much as I was looking for any guidance on a bug affecting a neat feature of the onboard NAV
He gave you the fix. Use Google maps. lol

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine starting doing this as well after I got the full screen carplay update. I used to use that feature all the time. Mine isn't fixed that I know of but I haven't paid close attention to it since it went haywire.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very few actually use the factory nav so there may not be many who even know it’s doing this!

OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He gave you the fix. Use Google maps. lol
Everybody loves a smart ass (myself included) but google maps won’t pop up a predictive destination with accurate ETA on start up.. if that ever comes around I’ll stop asking about the factory NAV
Mine starting doing this as well after I got the full screen carplay update. I used to use that feature all the time. Mine isn't fixed that I know of but I haven't paid close attention to it since it went haywire.
yeah it’s a small but decent feature for the way I use it. I NAV with google maps but like getting in and it telling me I’ll be at work on time without hitting any buttons. It’s always entertaining when someone asks about a feature that someone else doesn’t use and all of a sudden instead of just scrolling by it turns into a discussion about not using the feature. Productive

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everybody loves a smart ass (myself included) but google maps won’t pop up a predictive destination with accurate ETA on start up.. if that ever comes around I’ll stop asking about the factory NAV

yeah it’s a small but decent feature for the way I use it. I NAV with google maps but like getting in and it telling me I’ll be at work on time without hitting any buttons. It’s always entertaining when someone asks about a feature that someone else doesn’t use and all of a sudden instead of just scrolling by it turns into a discussion about not using the feature. Productive
Another member gets it, how it works on this forum. :rolleyes:
Ours has not done this. And I also have not used it enough, I stick with Apple carplay most of the time. But the arrow on both carplay and Ford Nav will just float around at times like the Bronco is hovering wildly above the ground.

OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another member gets it, how it works on this forum. :rolleyes:
Ours has not done this. And I also have not used it enough, I stick with Apple carplay most of the time. But the arrow on both carplay and Ford Nav will just float around at times like the Bronco is hovering wildly above the ground.
So I’ve seen that using CarPlay as well.. sometimes it just acts like it has no idea where the vehicle is and other times the arrow does weird things. 100% of the time in my experience if I’ll disable BT on my phone (and sometimes cycle airplane mode) it comes back to life with no further intervention. Seems an Apple issue vs. Ford

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I’ve seen that using CarPlay as well.. sometimes it just acts like it has no idea where the vehicle is and other times the arrow does weird things. 100% of the time in my experience if I’ll disable BT on my phone (and sometimes cycle airplane mode) it comes back to life with no further intervention. Seems an Apple issue vs. Ford
It has done it to me once on Ford Nav also, the few times I used it. Just a few second blip then back. Not like carplay. Last week it hovered on carplay for 10-15 min off and on at one point. I do keep the split screen with Ford Nav on the right and whatever music on the left. It seems Ford Nav has remembered frequently traveled addresses and those estimates are spot on. But that is local. I used Ford Nav partly on the way home from buying the Bronco and it was fine then. It was a few times after that it went wonky.
Edit: maybe there is some interference with the GPS signal? Idk much about that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It has done it to me once on Ford Nav also, the few times I used it. Just a few second blip then back. Not like carplay. Last week it hovered on carplay for 10-15 min off and on at one point. I do keep the split screen with Ford Nav on the right and whatever music on the left. It seems Ford Nav has remembered frequently traveled addresses and those estimates are spot on. But that is local. I used Ford Nav partly on the way home from buying the Bronco and it was fine then. It was a few times after that it went wonky.
Edit: maybe there is some interference with the GPS signal? Ido much about that.
Interesting.. haven’t had it happen yet on the Ford nav. Side question - how did you switch the NAV to the right side and music to the left?

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting.. haven’t had it happen yet on the Ford nav. Side question - how did you switch the NAV to the right side and music to the left?
With the 12” screen, bottom right there are arrows. You can see the same things on the right as on both the dash cluster and screen, off road, fuel mileage, music, nav etc. Also on the right side you can just scroll the actual window up instead of arrows. Also tap that side when it is on music or nav and that returns it to the left side of the screen.
If that makes sense

OP
OP
V1Rotate

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With the 12” screen, bottom right there are arrows. You can see the same things om the right as on both the dash cluster and screen, off road, fuel mileage, music, nav. Also on the right side you can just scroll the actual window up instead of arrows. Also tap that side when it is on music or nav and that returns it to the left side of the screen.
Gotcha. I’m on the poor-man’s 8”.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine does it too, but usually only when I am leaving some where that my bronco is not connected to the wifi.

Example - I leave home around 645 am, usually at work by 725. Yesterday morning got in the bronco started it up, gave me my predicted time of 730 am. Almost 100% accurate.

Leaving work yesterday at 4, showed my estimated arrival time at home 1:30 AM lol. It will correct it self if I actually hit the nav button to navigate home but still it is quirky.
Sponsored