Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never had issues with my ARB hose, but I use the MORRFlate system w/extension now adays.
But if that extension is made from Flexilla like the one I got from you it is a ticking time bomb just waiting to fail and it will at some point. The Flexilla hose is just not rated to stand that kind of heat coming off the ARB Twin. If it is then will you honor a replacement for the Flexilla extension hose I bought from you?
Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was airing up in Sedona this week and the airhose fitting connected to the ARB in the engine bay let go. The hose got soft and the compression fitting couldn't hold it under pressure and BOOM hiiiisss. The ARB gets hot, it's in a hot engine bay, phoenix and sedona are hot ambient temps...

Caveats and Info:
- I live in Phoenix... it's HOT (even in Sedona where this happened, was like 102º outside)
- Flexzilla hose with ColorConnex fittings plugged into the ARB single compressor quick disconnect
- 33" tires... I was down at ~18psi and bringing them up to 40-42. Blew after the final two tires were at pressure.

SO... I'm looking for options:
1. I could sell/tradein this single ARB compressor and get a double so it'd fill up 2x faster and be exposed to heat for less time. Expensive route.
2. I could find better connectors than those pictured? hard lines? braided? (pressure isn't the issue it's the heat so idk if braided do better?)
3. I find a commercial connector and hose whip to plug into the engine bay mounted ARB, long enough to connect to outside of the engine bay. Not sure what brands or stuff might work here... but planning on going to a commercial hose store and ask for ideas.

THOUGHTS? Anybody else have similar issues and find a good solution?
Also... going to carry some hose clamps from now on... juuuust in case.

(coincidence - a couple weeks ago i have a flexzilla water hose on the house... Similarly the compression fitting let go... I mean that's outside too so... Phoenix / Arizona heat destroys everything.. ugh)

foto_no_exif.jpg
If you want it super reliable you should go with hard lines, they will never leak.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But if that extension is made from Flexilla like the one I got from you it is a ticking time bomb just waiting to fail and it will at some point. The Flexilla hose is just not rated to stand that kind of heat coming off the ARB Twin. If it is then will you honor a replacement for the Flexilla extension hose I bought from you?
I don't manufacture the hoses. But the manufactuers have all stated they should work fine without any issues. SO if there is an issue a manufacturer warranty would be called for. But again i've never had issues and to date only 2 people out of the hundreds upon hundreds of kits we've sold have reported issues with hoses (both had the pump up kit from ARB which doesn't exactly have the highest quality hose to begin with).

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used a braided steel air line as the output to my onboard compressor for years, no issues. The line doesn't melt and helps dissipate the extra heat.

Herb
Sponsored