Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Someone may have posted about a similar scenario but I couldn’t find anything. I have a 21 MY 2dr OBX, 2.7 L, Towing, High package on order.

I was Day 1 reservation, converted to order early February, and received my VIN in April.

My build date has gone from 6/28 to 8/16 to 8/30 to 9/20.

Will I actually get one this year since I have a VIN? I got an email a few weeks back when they explained the MIC issue more and it said they expect I’ll get a 21MY.

If I cancelled, how quick would I get one if I went 4dr soft top? Gut feeling just says keep as is and wait now that they’re saying MIC is ramping up. Thanks!
Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone may have posted about a similar scenario but I couldn’t find anything. I have a 21 MY 2dr OBX, 2.7 L, Towing, High package on order.

I was Day 1 reservation, converted to order early February, and received my VIN in April.

My build date has gone from 6/28 to 8/16 to 8/30 to 9/20.

Will I actually get one this year since I have a VIN? I got an email a few weeks back when they explained the MIC issue more and it said they expect I’ll get a 21MY.

If I cancelled, how quick would I get one if I went 4dr soft top? Gut feeling just says keep as is and wait now that they’re saying MIC is ramping up. Thanks!
Ford says they are committed to getting everyone their Bronco this year that already have VINs. If you cancel now you'd be looking at a year wait most likely. You're way better off to just wait for this one. It will come by end of year.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will get it this year just wait it out. I'm in the same situation.

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same boat.
2dr OBX 2.7 Trailer Tow.
My Dates are similar to yours except my latest is 10/25 now.
I'm pretty sure they will get built.
I figure we waited this long whats another 45 days or so.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cancel now and you will lose all price protection, so on top of waiting another year or two, you could be paying a LOT more for your Bronco. Wait it out. I would LOVE to have a 2-door OBX 2.7 VIN right now!

Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You will get a MY21 per Ford. I had a week of 8/23 build for a 2-dr Badlands, so I'm anticipating mid to late October if I'm super lucky, but more than likely November, possibly December.

OP
OP
mdbroncoobx

mdbroncoobx

Outer Banks
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks everyone! Makes more sense now. Always tough to get an answer from my dealer so essentially just waiting for whenever Ford emails us and says production date has changed again.
Sponsored