Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Spoke with Bowen Ford in Indiana this morning. They are a small dealership about an hour away from me. The sales guy I spoke with seemed fairly knowledgeable and he said that they have only about 30 reservations. He said that their business model is selling at invoice. I currently have my reservation with a large dealer in Indianapolis that has several hundred reservations??(they wouldn't tell me how many). They, along with all the other dealers in in the city, are selling at MSRP. Does anyone had any info on Bowen Ford? Should I have any concerns going from a large dealership to a smaller one? I was resigned to paying MSRP since I am not able to make the drive out to Granger or Stephens. I have a July 31st reservation date, so I know I'm waiting a while to get my Bronco. This is the first time that I would be ordering a vehicle, so I am nervous buying a vehicle without first driving it and also going to a dealership that I have had not heard of until recently. Any advice from those more knowledgeable and experienced would be appreciated.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke with Bowen Ford in Indiana this morning. They are a small dealership about an hour away from me. The sales guy I spoke with seemed fairly knowledgeable and he said that they have only about 30 reservations. He said that their business model is selling at invoice. I currently have my reservation with a large dealer in Indianapolis that has several hundred reservations??(they wouldn't tell me how many). They, along with all the other dealers in in the city, are selling at MSRP. Does anyone had any info on Bowen Ford? Should I have any concerns going from a large dealership to a smaller one? I was resigned to paying MSRP since I am not able to make the drive out to Granger or Stephens. I have a July 31st reservation date, so I know I'm waiting a while to get my Bronco. This is the first time that I would be ordering a vehicle, so I am nervous buying a vehicle without first driving it and also going to a dealership that I have had not heard of until recently. Any advice from those more knowledgeable and experienced would be appreciated.
I would say go with the smaller dealership. Chances are you won't get shuffled through as just another number like probably most big dealerships do. Google the smaller dealership and read peoples reviews about them. Also check on Facebook.

dapperdanny

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@DeMag1969 Im in the same exact boat as you. I haven't been able to find any Indianapolis dealers that are offering invoice. And Bowen is only about 1.5 hours away from me. Based on the invoice sheet that was released on another thread, invoice could be a difference of roughly $2000! So I think its well worth switching. I've heard good things from the Indiana club group about Bowen, so I am pretty confident about switching.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys have until the end of January to place an order. I would switch reservations to the other dealership as soon as possible. Contact Bowen and get [the invoice pricing piece in writing (an email will suffice)]. In addition, you need to run and run fast from a dealership that is stating MSRP.

OP
OP
DeMag1969

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@DeMag1969 Im in the same exact boat as you. I haven't been able to find any Indianapolis dealers that are offering invoice. And Bowen is only about 1.5 hours away from me. Based on the invoice sheet that was released on another thread, invoice could be a difference of roughly $2000! So I think its well worth switching. I've heard good things from the Indiana club group about Bowen, so I am pretty confident about switching.
Have you spoken with them? I recently joined the Indiana club and that is were I saw they were doing invoice. I looked through the thread there, but didn't see any other info.

Sponsored

dapperdanny

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you spoken with them? I recently joined the Indiana club and that is were I saw they were doing invoice. I looked through the thread there, but didn't see any other info.
Just saw your comment there, sorry. Havent talked to them yet.

OP
OP
DeMag1969

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You guys have until the end of January to place an order. I would switch reservations to the other dealership as soon as possible. Contact Bowen and get [the invoice pricing piece in writing (an email will suffice)]. In addition, you need to run and run fast from a dealership that is stating MSRP.
They emailed me that they are selling all Broncos at invoice and their doc fee is $89.

dapperdanny

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, although one of the salesman at my current dealership told me he'd let me know when they get a bronco in so I could come to see it. So Ive been trying to wait until after that haha. But in the end, it probably wouldnt change anything for my choices.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, although one of the salesman at my current dealership told me he'd let me know when they get a bronco in so I could come to see it. So Ive been trying to wait until after that haha. But in the end, it probably wouldnt change anything for my choices.
Reservations have to be converted to orders before that happens though.... Otherwise you will be waiting until 2022 or 2023 for your Bronco.

Reservations need to be converted to orders by 1/31/2021.

Production is supposed to start 3/22/2020.

Deliveries starting in June / July....

Sponsored

dapperdanny

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reservations have to be converted to orders before that happens though.... Otherwise you will be waiting until 2022 or 2023 for your Bronco.

Reservations need to be converted to orders by 1/31/2021.

Production is supposed to start 3/22/2020.

Deliveries starting in June / July....
Sorry I should have said "he'd let me know when they get a mannequin model in, as in one for training purposes". He said they are supposed to get one in early December but who knows, so im not hanging my hat on that.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can probably ship the truck from Grainger to Indy for $500.

OP
OP
DeMag1969

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can probably ship the truck from Grainger to Indy for $500.
I contemplated doing that, but i will be trading in my current ride and didn't wan to sell it privately

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have my reservation at a small dealership. They said they have , just under 30 Reservations, I am #16. Do you think I would have a better chance with a larger dealer with 300 reservations?
Sponsored