Need help deciding... Insight appreciates

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I am going to be completely up front... I live in Wisconsin. I do not need a robust off road beast. The most off road this vehicle will do is some primitive camping in our National Forest, so maybe some crappy, poorly maintained fire roads.
With that being said... still want one :)

I was going to order a 2022 Outer Banks, the grocery getter of the bronco line up, but when I priced it out, I can get a Badlands trim with the EXACT same upgrades (mainly 2.7, MIC, High Package, Non-SAS) for only $2000 more ($53,010 vs $55,010). So my question is:
1. Is the Marine Grade Vynil worth it? I keep reading how everyone loves it!
I do quite a bit of fishing and have 2 kids (2 yo & 4 yo) who, as kids do, make a mess of anything and everything.

2. I actually was going to get the Outer Banks w/ 3.73 for better highway MPG. But it appears from searching the forum and the EPA ratings the 4.46 gears of the Badlands really wouldn't affect Hwy MPGs.

I feel like the extra offroad prowess of the BL just means most stuff that could break, but the MGV is very enticing. Any insight or help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Torn Grocery Getter
Sponsored

Last edited:

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Badlands for sure. Even if you won't use it - the jump in price for the options gained are 100% worth it.

Above the MGV and washout floors -

You get the better gearing, the HOSS suspension, and sway bar disco. I know you aren't planning to ever use those - but those are incredible upgrades for the money.

Badlands has more articulation than any of the current Broncos.

Badlands. Badlands. BADLANDS!

This is coming from a BaseSquatch too.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not up to date on pricing...is this with or w/o SAS? Based on your described use and the kids, unless you are going strictly for looks I'd consider the Black Diamond if you can live w/o the high package. Gets you both the MGV and wash-out floors...probably gets you down in the mid-high $40s.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not up to date on pricing...is this with or w/o SAS? Based on your described use and the kids, unless you are going strictly for looks I'd consider the Black Diamond if you can live w/o the high package. Gets you both the MGV and wash-out floors...probably gets you down in the mid-high $40s.
Should've said that, i'll edit my post, without SAS. No need for it.
I did consider the Black Diamond but my bougie ass wants the 12" display and some of the "niceties" that come with the High Package...
I know I know, judge me all you want haha but i know who i am lol

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No judgement here my friend...I was in the same boat, started w/ BD but in the end couldn't pass up the Badlands. With that being said, if you can swing the price increase Badlands is the way to go. You may not need/use the extras but should make it more attractive when it comes time to sell.

Sponsored

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am all about about the Black Diamond, but if you like high package I think going to the Badlands is an easy choice. Based on your use, the MGV and washout floors will work great for you. With this interior it is the first time in my life that I have not worried about how dirty someone's shoes are or if a drink gets spilled.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am going to be completely up front... I live in Wisconsin. I do not need a robust off road beast. The most off road this vehicle will do is some primitive camping in our National Forest, so maybe some crappy, poorly maintained fire roads.

I was going to order a 2022 Outer Banks, the grocery getter of the bronco line up, but when I priced it out, I can get a Badlands trim with the EXACT same upgrades (mainly 2.7, MIC, High Package, Non-SAS) for only $2000 more ($53,010 vs $55,010). So my question is:
I do quite a bit of fishing and have 2 kids (2 yo & 4 yo) who, as kids do, make a mess of anything and everything.

2. I actually was going to get the Outer Banks w/ 3.73 for better highway MPG. But it appears from searching the forum and the EPA ratings the 4.46 gears of the Badlands really wouldn't affect Hwy MPGs.

I feel like the extra offroad prowess of the BL just means most stuff that could break, but the MGV is very enticing. Any insight or help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Torn Grocery Getter
I'm like you... Fire roads, unassumed roads into Crown Land, BLM exploring... I went Squatched Badlands 🤷
Mainly because I want capability for security because going WAY into boreal northern Ontario, you can't just call CAA

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sincerely,
Torn Grocery Getter
Or go for a BD with mid package, unless you really need the bigger screen. And yes the MGV is great. The color of the seats in the BD are better imo as well.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sincerely,
Torn Grocery Getter
The majority of B6G is BL builds so I'd guess that's the way most of your recommendations will fall. Thought I'd add my 2 cents as someone who was in the same position and went OBX.

Living in NJ I have the same type of off-pavement needs. Maybe I'll land a beach permit or take it through some light trails. Most of the enjoyment is going to be riding around top down with my young daughters.

Didn't want to pay for capability I'd never use on a BL and didn't want to sit as the 100,000th BL behind so many reservation holders either. The step in to the OBX was perfect for me but also makes sense for my daughters to be able to get in and out without needing a pole vault.

Seeing an OBX, BL and BD in person at our dealer really helped me to make a decision. You have the luxury to go and physically see a Bronco for yourself where many reservation holders had to take a leap of faith. Go drive them if you can. I don't think you'll go wrong whichever direction you go!

Sponsored
OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The majority of B6G is BL builds so I'd guess that's the way most of your recommendations will fall. Thought I'd add my 2 cents as someone who was in the same position and went OBX.

Living in NJ I have the same type of off-pavement needs. Maybe I'll land a beach permit or take it through some light trails. Most of the enjoyment is going to be riding around top down with my young daughters.

Didn't want to pay for capability I'd never use on a BL and didn't want to sit as the 100,000th BL behind so many reservation holders either. The step in to the OBX was perfect for me but also makes sense for my daughters to be able to get in and out without needing a pole vault.

Seeing an OBX, BL and BD in person at our dealer really helped me to make a decision. You have the luxury to go and physically see a Bronco for yourself where many reservation holders had to take a leap of faith. Go drive them if you can. I don't think you'll go wrong whichever direction you go!
Thanks for the insight. There is one at our local Ford Dealership, but they aren't allowing test drives without proof of reservation or something. I think if i went and had a chat with them though they may let me. So maybe I will go that route. I think they have a Big Bend, can't remember.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
badlands and i would spring for the larger screen too. You will have incredible resale value and it will be childrproof

also vinyl is the most repairable material that exists in cars. You can literally just melt it back together.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or go for a BD with mid package, unless you really need the bigger screen. And yes the MGV is great. The color of the seats in the BD are better imo as well.
Are the MGV seats in the BD coloured different than the MGV in the BL? Or is it just the thread colour that’s different?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you considered the WT. Its in that same price range with the only difference being its stock with Sas, and since you’ll forgo the body bash plates and make it a bit lighter. Most people bounce between WT and OB not OB and BL. Perhaps build a WT…..with Sport and Baja mode it may be worth taking a look.
Sponsored