RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So we finally picked up our day-2 res Black Diamond 4-dr today. 2.7, hard top, tow, modular bumper. We put in our original order for the 2021 and then resubmitted our order when the 2022 window opened. We made a couple of minor changes after the 2022 order date - changed the color and removed the PPF (and re-added the mod bumper because 2022). We were given a total $825 rebate for price protection. The dealer said thatā€™s all it showed in his system, but I donā€™t know if that included the mod bumper. Does anyone know if I got the right amount or if Iā€™m still short the price protection for the bumper? Frankly the whole price protection thing is a chaotic mystery, even to the dealers apparently.
Sponsored

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So we finally picked up our day-2 res Black Diamond 4-dr today. 2.7, hard top, tow, modular bumper. We put in our original order for the 2021 and then resubmitted our order when the 2022 window opened. We made a couple of minor changes after the 2022 order date - changed the color and removed the PPF (and re-added the mod bumper because 2022). We were given a total $825 rebate for price protection. The dealer said thatā€™s all it showed in his system, but I donā€™t know if that included the mod bumper. Does anyone know if I got the right amount or if Iā€™m still short the price protection for the bumper? Frankly the whole price protection thing is a chaotic mystery, even to the dealers apparently.
Iā€™m no expert but went through price protection ā€œdiscussionsā€ with my dealer too when I went to pick it up last Saturday. If youā€™re a day 2 rez and didnā€™t change door # or model, you should be fully protected to the ā€˜21 BD MSRP of your build. Thereā€™s a Ford memo my dealershipā€™s sales manager showed me which I assume we received something similar in one of price protection memos Ford sent. It showed the price protection amount for each model for the ā€˜22 and ā€˜22.5 increases from ā€˜21. Someone can probably post that. If you can find those amounts and you qualify for both, build your identical Bronco on B&P and deduct that amount. Thatā€™s what you should pay.

For my WT, the reduction was supposed to be about $2,400. Dealer initially was only saying I qualified for $695 which was the ā€˜22 base price increase. Eventually got them to agree to full deduction that they will need to file with Ford to collect that rebate. I donā€™t know if they were actually clueless or playing dumb. Glad Iā€™ve been on this forum to get educated.

I got a lot of my info from a recent thread. Search ā€œprice protection refresherā€ and you might find it. Good luck.

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm assuming that's for the MY21 to MY22 increase and had a cert attached to it? If so, you were entitled and should have gotten the protection for the MY22 to MY22.5. They have all of that information in the system (I think it may be their Smart VIncent System) with their discount codes and definitions/processes within. The one you are missing should be the second one they see on that list. The language they need is midway through the doc.

I went through a big stink with the sales manager of my dealership as they weren't aware of the process. I finally got both. I'm sorry I don't have the discount code number or name - I tried to get it from my sales guy but he didn't get back to me on it.

Sponsored

roofone2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought mine early April. The window sticker had the 22 price (not the 22.5 increase) and I got the $825 price protection discount (had to ask for it though as the dealer ā€œforgotā€ about it).

Thereā€™s not PP for options (like the bumper) though.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you just took delivery than there are 2 levels of price protection. You received the correct certificate found in the Smart Vincent system for MY'21-->MY'22 price protection. You will also have an increase on the window sticker from MY'22--MY'22.5. That difference is handled as a credit issued to the dealership after the sale is completed (about 45 days). At which time, the dealer should credit you. The second level of price protection is being handled differently by different dealers. Some will require the transaction to be completed based on the window sticker. The first certificate is applied at the time of sale and the second price protection is handled as a credit after the sale. Other dealers are applying all credits at the time of sale and letting the accounting to balance the books at a later date.

jtt411

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine was built back in January and Iā€™m hoping for delivery soon. I know I am entitled to and qualify for the 21/22 protection but I donā€™t think the 22/22.5 will apply because my window sticker doesnā€™t reflect that increase since it was built in January. Am I right?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine was built back in January and Iā€™m hoping for delivery soon. I know I am entitled to and qualify for the 21/22 protection but I donā€™t think the 22/22.5 will apply because my window sticker doesnā€™t reflect that increase since it was built in January. Am I right?
You should be fine. The whole 22/22.5 process is wonky how dealers are handling it. The 21/22 process is easy. Name search in Smart Vincent will pull the certificate that you are entitled to. Keep in mind the certificate only is based on the amount of the MY'21 order. If you keep the same trim and options than it is a true price protection. But if you changed to a different trim, then you will only be price protected based on the earlier MY'21 ordered trim.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you just took delivery than there are 2 levels of price protection. You received the correct certificate found in the Smart Vincent system for MY'21-->MY'22 price protection. You will also have an increase on the window sticker from MY'22--MY'22.5. That difference is handled as a credit issued to the dealership after the sale is completed (about 45 days). At which time, the dealer should credit you. The second level of price protection is being handled differently by different dealers. Some will require the transaction to be completed based on the window sticker. The first certificate is applied at the time of sale and the second price protection is handled as a credit after the sale. Other dealers are applying all credits at the time of sale and letting the accounting to balance the books at a later date.
My dealer just wrote up the sale for the original MSRP at time of order (March/Oct 21) and then subtracted the price protection cert. IMO that's the easiest way they can handle it, but they have to float the cert refund and the MY22.5 difference on their books until reimbursed by Ford. So, if they are not a big dealer, maybe it's tougher.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer just wrote up the sale for the original MSRP at time of order (March/Oct 21) and then subtracted the price protection cert. IMO that's the easiest way they can handle it, but they have to float the cert refund and the MY22.5 difference on their books until reimbursed by Ford. So, if they are not a big dealer, maybe it's tougher.
Honestly I think communication from Ford was just horrible. My dealer didn't know about MY22-22.5 Price protection until I talked with them. They actually reached out to a contact I had at another Ford dealer. They honored original MSRP on our deal - but I'm almost positive I signed a document that allowed them to keep those funds when they arrived from Ford. It was $1500 exactly on our 2dr BB.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It also depends when you were built, mine was built in January, but I didn't pick up until May 9th. It was on Ice mountain. The 22.5 year increase happened between when mine was built and delivered.
My window sticker had 22 year pricing I reserved under 21 price protection so I got the difference between 21 and 22 pricing. If your window sticker is current 22.5 model year, then you will be eligible for 22 and 22.5 price protection if that makes sense....
Sponsored