Sponsored

Need Help! Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Originally, I had the modular painted hard top but of course this changed based on the challenges Ford had.
Correct, but did you direct your dealership to change you to a MIC? And more importantly, do you have documentation proving such?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a couple orders, one delivered already. One thing I insisted on is getting a copy of the DORA when I ordered. It should be a 19 or less. The DORA shows everything about your order which you should have used to confirm the dealer entered what you want. As others have said, if it was code 99 you are screwed.

That said, final scheduling cleanup is this Thursday so if you demand they remove the 99 from yur order, you may get a shot at scheduling.
Mine is a 19 so I am super confused. If the dealer is trying to pull a fast one, they are in for a fight. Thanks a bunch!

mmr305

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just received this email from my dealer.

Action Required by COB 10/6/21:

WBDO is currently showing the following unscheduled First Edition Bronco:

Ford Bronco Need Help!  Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...! 1633538061717

Because there will be no First Edition Bronco for the 22MY, we ask that you change this from a First Edition (E5E or E5F) by close of business tomorrow 10/6/2021 in order to avoid the order deleting. It is recommended by the Bronco brand team that the order is converted to a Badlands order, however any buildable order will work.

• Move order to a 99 Priority Code
  • This will allow the system to automatically convert the order in the USOB from a 21MY to a 22MY
  • The order will be converted to a 99 Priority Code to make sure nothing schedules on error
  • You can go back in and change the order once the new order is in the 22MY USOB
ncerning your Bronco order, please advise

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They sold it to someone else….
Exactly my thought considering what has been happening lately. Or they plan on taking delivery then selling it behind the scenes for $90K+

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, this makes sense. This may be what has happened and yes, then it would be my dealers fault because I called about this and they told me it would not make any difference for me to make a decision at that time regarding the tops. Then I may be taking action against the dealership. I will dig deeper into this. Thanks again.
If there was no follow-up on this, then you have your answer, and you're just as much to blame as they are. What you just acknowledged is that the order was never changed from the Mod top. When they told you not to make a decision at that time it was a signal to you that a decision would eventually have to be made. Now, a good dealer with good customer service would have given you a date to come back or call, or would have reached out at a later point and explained it was time to make a decision. But as an adult, you can't 100% rely on good customer service, at some point YOU have to take ownership of YOUR order, if the sales guy isn't getting it done, go to the manager, if the sales manager isn't getting it done go to the GM, if the GM isn't getting it done, contact Ford corporate and ask them to help you switch your order to a responsive dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Need Help!  Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...! 1633538061717

sucks big time but I don’t think reservations or even orders are necessarily golden willy wonka Tickets. Also I’ll never understand the whole brand loyalty card people pull. Like others have said it’s probably 90% the dealer and maybe slightly on Ford. That being said FE’s are the rarest of an already rare at the moment vehicle and even though you were in on it early there was never a guarantee you’d get that specific one. As rare as they are you know at least a quarter of them were obtained by shady dealers.
Only option is to be angry and yell about it or suck it up and make the dealer make it up to you on a fully loaded badlands or one of the models possibly coming out in 22 that replaces the highest trim.
Things could be much worse, we could live in a world where only chevys new blazer exists lol 😂
Lol, thanks for making me smile about this and your honesty. I know I am most likely SOL but I do not intend on giving up. I am probably going to demand a loaded Raptor then when they come out for a significantly reduced price that I am happy with with a formalized contract that puts the dealer on the line no matter what.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow, thank you so much! I ordered from Bluebonnet Ford in Texas. It is starting to feel like it is their fault but I spoke with Ford yesterday and have an order number and they found it in the system still scheduled for a build but I have never received a VIN thus far. I have gotten all of the emails from Ford welcoming me as a First Edition owner and all of the other emails throughout. I do remember my dealer however telling me that I did not need to make any changes regarding the top and just not to expect it until 2022 but I would still get a First Edition, it would just be delayed. If this is what happened to my Bronco, I will be pursuing action against my dealership. I am awaiting a call from Ford and from the dealership. I will keep you posted. Thank you so much again and any advice you can give would be great. I just cannot believe this is happening quite honestly.
The dealer has to get their zone/Regional rep involved. Theyre the only one they might be able to get it scheduled. More than likely you’re screwed. The good news is you’ll have a very early 2022. The dealer screwed up pretty bad but we also receive emails about this and that it needed to be removed.

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If there was no follow-up on this, then you have your answer, and you're just as much to blame as they are. What you just acknowledged is that the order was never changed from the Mod top. When they told you not to make a decision at that time it was a signal to you that a decision would eventually have to be made. Now, a good dealer with good customer service would have given you a date to come back or call, or would have reached out at a later point and explained it was time to make a decision. But as an adult, you can't 100% rely on good customer service, at some point YOU have to take ownership of YOUR order, if the sales guy isn't getting it done, go to the manager, if the sales manager isn't getting it done go to the GM, if the GM isn't getting it done, contact Ford corporate and ask them to help you switch your order to a responsive dealer.
I hear you and I did my due diligence. I appreciate your honesty and have been following up regularly. My expectation would be that things were clear. You either change to X or you do not get your First Edition, period. This is not what happened.

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure what color FE you were going for, but if you wanted the FE-limited Lightning Blue, maybe they would at least build you a Lightning Blue Badlands?? Then you would have a truly limited vehicle.

I certainly hope this comes to a satisfactory resolution in your favor. First 500... wow. And everyone had until 3/19 to get orders in (so you are good there). Only the reservation time mattered, so your first 500 reservation should be one that is honored in 2021, IMHO.
Thank you so much! This is a great idea. I love that you provided a solution that I did not think about. I may fight for a highly rare Bronco Raptor later as a solution too.

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not trying to be the asshole here but based on it being a FE with a reservation you should be able to log on yourself and check. The OP hasn’t given us any pertinent information pertaining to the actual vehicle. I know if I were in his shoes I have a real and digital paper trail a mile long. Something doesn’t smell right here. Ford isn’t chopping FE allocations. I agree either the dealer fucked up or the OP did. I know I have the paper work from the day I reserved. The order sheet from the dealer plus have been checking on it.
Hello and thank you. I do have all of the details which is why it is so confusing and I have spoken with Ford. The only weird thing is that I do not have a VIN. I also had a Wildtrack reservation that I gave up because I got the First Edition so I am being screwed all over the place. I still await some additional information from both Ford and the dealer in a day or two. I hope someone makes it right. I don't intend on giving up, that is for sure.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1633538061717.png

Because there will be no First Edition Bronco for the 22MY, we ask that you change this from a First Edition (E5E or E5F) by close of business tomorrow 10/6/2021 in order to avoid the order deleting. It is recommended by the Bronco brand team that the order is converted to a Badlands order, however any buildable order will work.

• This will allow the system to automatically convert the order in the USOB from a 21MY to a 22MY
  • The order will be converted to a 99 Priority Code to make sure nothing schedules on error
  • You can go back in and change the order once the new order is in the 22MY USOB
What the hell are these shenanigans? Either Ford missed scheduling the order or the dealer changed to 19 priority after scheduling was complete. This is shocking how often this is happening. Thank goodness for great dealers that were able to actually get customer's trucks built.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer must be trying to pull a fast one, you should already have a VIN...
"My dealer said". I think the dealer is trying to screw you and sell that FE for a big profit.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What the hell are these shenanigans? Either Ford missed scheduling the order or the dealer changed to 19 priority after scheduling was complete. This is shocking how often this is happening. Thank goodness for great dealers that were able to actually get customer's trucks built.
Dealer changed it to 19 after they realized their screwup.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is interesting - seems to be saying that unscheduled 2021 orders will be automatically converted to a 2022 order.
Sponsored