Sponsored

Need Help! Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...!

mmr305

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why do you think it is showing is unscheduled. What do you think I should do?
Sponsored

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle - FE Order Cancelled
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello! I also had a First Edition reserved and ordered. Reserved the night the system first opened up. Took 2.5 hours of clicking to get the reservation. Placed by order by the due date in March. Switched to the MIC top by the due date in July. Kept getting emails that the vehicle is coming from Ford blah blah blah. Got my nice care package with a poster. Dealer calls this morning to tell me I'm not getting it and they have to switch to a 22 Wildtrack. Called Ford and the told me they took 10K reservations and only made 7K. Told me to talk with the dealer which has been clueless through this whole process. I checked my order sheet from back when we switched to a MIC top....sure enough Priority level 99. How was I supposed to know that 99 meant DON'T MAKE. That is ridiculous. Have no idea which way to go with this now. I also have a Lightning reservation. Do they really think I'm going to continue with that after this mess?

I'd love some suggestions or to hear what others are going to do. I'm going to take it to the dealership GM and then to the regional I suppose.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hit up Mike Levine via Twitter

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello! I also had a First Edition reserved and ordered. Reserved the night the system first opened up. Took 2.5 hours of clicking to get the reservation. Placed by order by the due date in March. Switched to the MIC top by the due date in July. Kept getting emails that the vehicle is coming from Ford blah blah blah. Got my nice care package with a poster. Dealer calls this morning to tell me I'm not getting it and they have to switch to a 22 Wildtrack. Called Ford and the told me they took 10K reservations and only made 7K. Told me to talk with the dealer which has been clueless through this whole process. I checked my order sheet from back when we switched to a MIC top....sure enough Priority level 99. How was I supposed to know that 99 meant DON'T MAKE. That is ridiculous. Have no idea which way to go with this now. I also have a Lightning reservation. Do they really think I'm going to continue with that after this mess?

I'd love some suggestions or to hear what others are going to do. I'm going to take it to the dealership GM and then to the regional I suppose.
Theres just nothing you can do
You'd have to be glued to these forums to know what order99 meant. Because Ford is using an outdated dealer focused ordering system but fronting with a testla-similar reservation system. So since your order had a mod top it's an automatic 99. But guess whst... there's virtually no way you'd know that level of detail unless your dealer was proactive and told you

Ford sent emails about the mod top delay but even still I don't blame regular customers from simply not knowing. It's a damn shame

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Theres just nothing you can do
You'd have to be glued to these forums to know what order99 meant. Because Ford is using an outdated dealer focused ordering system but fronting with a testla-similar reservation system. So since your order had a mod top it's an automatic 99. But guess whst... there's virtually no way you'd know that level of detail unless your dealer was proactive and told you

Ford sent emails about the mod top delay but even still I don't blame regular customers from simply not knowing. It's a damn shame
I did see about the MOD top issues and switched to a MIC by the due date with the dealer. They put a 99 code on it with that change. Just confirmed with Ford that the 99 code from the dealer definitely told Ford not to build in FY21. Why would Ford even allow a 99 code to be placed on a First Edition that will not be built in FY22. The whole thing is just mind blowing.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did see about the MOD top issues and switched to a MIC by the due date with the dealer. They put a 99 code on it with that change. Just confirmed with Ford that the 99 code from the dealer definitely told Ford not to build in FY21. Why would Ford even allow a 99 code to be placed on a First Edition that will not be built in FY22. The whole thing is just mind blowing.
Because many FE reservations decided to wait until 22 or 23 and get a different top or trim. The 99 on a FE definitely had a legitimate purpose. Dealers were warned multiple times that if a FE reservation wanted to be converted to a FE order that it needed to be removed from 99 status and changed to a MIC top. There was no way for Ford to know which ones were really waiting and which were errors.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Because many FE reservations decided to wait until 22 or 23 and get a different top or trim. The 99 on a FE definitely had a legitimate purpose. Dealers were warned multiple times that if a FE reservation wanted to be converted to a FE order that it needed to be removed from 99 status and changed to a MIC top. There was no way for Ford to know which ones were really waiting and which were errors.
This is 100% correct. I had originally 99'd my FE when the MOD top went away and planned to let it roll into a non-FE trim for MY22 (or even MY23 if needed) to get the MOD. I then changed my mind in May when it became obvious that my second res/order making the MY21 cut with a MIC was increasingly unlikely (I wasn't compromising on the hard top). At that point I had the 99 on the FE removed. However, in the weeks before that change my dealer told me at least three times it would not be built and to make sure I was okay with that. He was getting multiple calls from his regional Ford rep to confirm my intent or to remove the 99 on the FE.

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone have any inside documentation showing a dealer was warned to remove a 99 if the customer wanted a First Edition? I'm 100% sure my dealer is going to try to deny this even though I have the docs to prove that's what they had it set to.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have any inside documentation showing a dealer was warned to remove a 99 if the customer wanted a First Edition? I'm 100% sure my dealer is going to try to deny this even though I have the docs to prove that's what they had it set to.
Your dealer needs to call their rep and admit they f'd up by keeping it a 99. Do you have documentation proving you told them to switch from the MOD to MIC? Hopefully then Ford will do what is right and create you a VIN for a FE.

Reactions: abe

m82492

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Your dealer needs to call their rep and admit they f'd up by keeping it a 99. Do you have documentation proving you told them to switch from the MOD to MIC? Hopefully then Ford will do what is right and create you a VIN for a FE.
I sure do have the documentation. I have the order sheet with the date and signature at the bottom. It has the order code, price level and priority code at the top. I just emailed the GM and President of the dealership. Told them if we need to take it to regional so be it but Ford confirmed the 99 issue was the dealer screw up. We'll see what they say.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That was a while back but I will see if I can dig something up for you. We USED to have a few good dealer insiders here....

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

You are buying a Lighntning. They don't care. They win either way.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol, thanks for making me smile about this and your honesty. I know I am most likely SOL but I do not intend on giving up. I am probably going to demand a loaded Raptor then when they come out for a significantly reduced price that I am happy with with a formalized contract that puts the dealer on the line no matter what.
Just trying to inject some humor my man, its better to laugh at something than cry sometimes. Hope everything works out of ya

tru-north

First Edition
First Name
Celo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I posted about this in late June/ Early July.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/july-1-email-group.18639/post-672879

My dealer told me that the 99 was his dealer number and not to worry. I continued to push and got it resolved. Just received my FE Bronco shipment notification. Feel horrible about the people who left their order 99 coded.

I would expect final numbers of FE Broncos are much less than the 7500.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone else heard this from their dealer? I had one of the first 500 reservations and ordered my First Edition back in February of 2021. Now, I get a call just today from my dealership telling me that Ford has decided I am one of two 1st Editions at the dealership that will not be built. How can they do this? There has got to be legal ramifications. I have waited, gave 1K to the dealership just to order the Bronco and have done everything by the book. Also BTW, never got any swag either when my friend has already gotten three boxes of stuff from Ford. I am taking this very personal since I have owned at least 15 Fords between me and my partner, my Dad is a retired Ford Trim Plant employee from the old Utica trim plant in MI and I have been a loyal Ford owner/advocate my whole life. I waited years and years for Ford to make a Bronco again, get lucky enough to get the 1st Edition and then Ford just decides, oh well. In the meantime, I kept my Explorer, waiting and waiting which now has depreciated more in value and now over 100K miles on it. To me, there has got to be some serious ramifications but how can I fight Ford on my own. The only solution is to give me my Bronco in good faith as promised or I will have to take some other actions. Looking for advice and any help if this is indeed true. Trying to find out information is like pulling teeth too. So, any advice is much appreciated. Meaning no disrespect to those that can pay way over retail or are famous in nature, I am sure there was not a problem with any of those orders. Also, if I had one of the first 500 reservations, this seems super sketchy. Thanks All!
Dude - I was a Jan FE order - took delivery on 7/7. This doesnt sound right at all for a few reasons - 1) FEs were prioritized, 2) Ford wouldnt just sub it out, youd get pushed back on prod date. It sounds like this dealer sold your FE a while ago, huge markup, and finally got his hands on a Badlands that he can try to push to you. I hope thats not true, but most likely case. Unfortunately there is no recourse here if Ford was simply unable to produce your car. Theres all kinds of disclaimers about that. If the dealer did you wrong, and took your order, you might be able to take legal action if you can prove it. Good luck man, that really really sucks.
Sponsored