Sponsored

Need Help! Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...!

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMHO, I would take a loaded badlands and enjoy the black interior and push for a deep discount. I am just not a fan of the FE interior.
You can get a black interior in the FE too
Sponsored

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Something is seriously wrong here. If you actually ordered a FE and your dealer didn't somehow mess up its order from Ford, you are getting a FE. If that isn't happening either whatever you had wasn't really an order, or the dealer mistakenly told Ford you did not want to take the FE.

First thing I would do is get my VIN. If there was a real FE order submitted by the dealer, you have a VIN by now. (If there are other FE order holders who don't have a VIN, please correct me if I'm wrong.) Second thing is, get out the paperwork from when you submitted the order, review it carefully to confirm that it is indeed an order for a First Edition, then mail a copy of that to the dealership under cover of a letter saying that you demand that they perform the contract you signed with them.

I do not believe a dealer knowingly sold the FE out from under you if there was a real order. It is possible that someone screwed up the communication and told Ford, in effect, not to build it.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

She gone.
would have been interesting to see her reservation and know the full story.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Something is seriously wrong here. If you actually ordered a FE and your dealer didn't somehow mess up its order from Ford, you are getting a FE. If that isn't happening either whatever you had wasn't really an order, or the dealer mistakenly told Ford you did not want to take the FE.

First thing I would do is get my VIN. If there was a real FE order submitted by the dealer, you have a VIN by now. (If there are other FE order holders who don't have a VIN, please correct me if I'm wrong.) Second thing is, get out the paperwork from when you submitted the order, review it carefully to confirm that it is indeed an order for a First Edition, then mail a copy of that to the dealership under cover of a letter saying that you demand that they perform the contract you signed with them.

I do not believe a dealer knowingly sold the FE out from under you if there was a real order. It is possible that someone screwed up the communication and told Ford, in effect, not to build it.
I don’t have a vin yet, or a scheduling….. 2dr FE ….

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t have a vin yet, or a scheduling….. 2dr FE ….
OK. Sorry to hear that. FYI, Mine is also a 2D FE converted to a "confirmed" order in early March '21. I got the VIN/"scheduled for production" email Aug 19 projecting a production date of week of 9.27 (tracker updated to "in production" on or about September 28) and a "has been built" email this past Monday projecting delivery for end of October.

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMHO, I would take a loaded badlands and enjoy the black interior and push for a deep discount. I am just not a fan of the FE interior.
The FE can come in a black that's even more blck than the badlands interior

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone else heard this from their dealer? I had one of the first 500 reservations and ordered my First Edition back in February of 2021. Now, I get a call just today from my dealership telling me that Ford has decided I am one of two 1st Editions at the dealership that will not be built. How can they do this? There has got to be legal ramifications. I have waited, gave 1K to the dealership just to order the Bronco and have done everything by the book. Also BTW, never got any swag either when my friend has already gotten three boxes of stuff from Ford. I am taking this very personal since I have owned at least 15 Fords between me and my partner, my Dad is a retired Ford Trim Plant employee from the old Utica trim plant in MI and I have been a loyal Ford owner/advocate my whole life. I waited years and years for Ford to make a Bronco again, get lucky enough to get the 1st Edition and then Ford just decides, oh well. In the meantime, I kept my Explorer, waiting and waiting which now has depreciated more in value and now over 100K miles on it. To me, there has got to be some serious ramifications but how can I fight Ford on my own. The only solution is to give me my Bronco in good faith as promised or I will have to take some other actions. Looking for advice and any help if this is indeed true. Trying to find out information is like pulling teeth too. So, any advice is much appreciated. Meaning no disrespect to those that can pay way over retail or are famous in nature, I am sure there was not a problem with any of those orders. Also, if I had one of the first 500 reservations, this seems super sketchy. Thanks All!
Call ford and see if this is true. Cause to me it sounds like your dealer wants to keep your FE and make some extra money, or they already got rid of your FE and are trying to cover it up.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

OJ Simpson

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I made a reservation for an FE on the first night, ordered on 2/15 with a priority code 19. I have a VIN and an email from Ford scheduled for build the week of Nov 1st. If it gets built I may have one of the very last FE's I'm thinking.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why didn’t the OP come back? She was also disappointed a year ago too.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...be-late-availability.7169/page-35#post-265046
That puts a new light on things. And after reading that screed I am willing to bet the call wasn't made to change to an MIC top so the order got 99'd.

In this thread's opening rant she also mentioned not getting any swag from Ford. Has it been confirmed that only buildable orders got swag or have those that 99'd their order gotten some too?

OP, post up your DORA and the forum will be able to better help you out.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That puts a new light on things. And after reading that screed I am willing to bet the call wasn't made to change to an MIC top so the order got 99'd.

In this thread's opening rant she also mentioned not getting any swag from Ford. Has it been confirmed that only buildable orders got swag or have those that 99'd their order gotten some too?

OP, post up your DORA and the forum will be able to better help you out.
I've been voluntarily 99'd since February, and have received it.

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How would you know you are one of the first 500 orders? I get it's an FE, but there are 7000 of them. Your dealer sounds shady and hopes you go buy something else. Then when you get the email about your FE in production, they can say "my bad" and sell it.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How would you know you are one of the first 500 orders?
She doesn't. Either she's improperly interpreting the numbers on her order sheet, or the dealer fed her a line of bull.
Sponsored