Sponsored

Need Help! Just notified my 1st Edition will not be built and dealer should offer me a Badlands instead - What the...!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don’t have a vin yet, or a scheduling….. 2dr FE ….
Have you talked to your dealer? All FE have had VINS for a while now, well before they were scheduled. Something is not right here, hopefully your order was not 99'd as well.
How would you know you are one of the first 500 orders? I get it's an FE, but there are 7000 of them. Your dealer sounds shady and hopes you go buy something else. Then when you get the email about your FE in production, they can say "my bad" and sell it.
Im sure this goes back to people thinking their reservation number actually showed their place in line 16 months ago.
Sponsored

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling the salesman thought he got cold feet since waited until feb and either promised to a friend/coworker etc or just put in an order for badlands instead of losing the allocation.
Order date is irrelevant there was just a drop dead date in March. Build was based off of reservation# not order date. My dealer was so swamped with doing the builds that mine was not ordered until March…yet I am picking it up tomorrow.

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you talked to your dealer? All FE have had VINS for a while now, well before they were scheduled. Something is not right here, hopefully your order was not 99'd as well.

Im sure this goes back to people thinking their reservation number actually showed their place in line 16 months ago.
Thank you for your response. What do you mean 99'd. The reason I know about the reservation was that I got it in the first round before they opened it up to more reservations. I spoke with both the dealer and Ford yesterday and Ford said it is still in their system but the dealer has the email saying something different. I am supposed to speak with them again today. I will keep you all posted. I still have never gotten a VIN.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for your response. What do you mean 99'd. The reason I know about the reservation was that I got it in the first round before they opened it up to more reservations. I spoke with both the dealer and Ford yesterday and Ford said it is still in their system but the dealer has the email saying something different. I am supposed to speak with them again today. I will keep you all posted. I still have never gotten a VIN.
"99" is the Priority Code for orders that are to be held off on being built until MY22; either by the reservation holder's choice, the order's details (MOD top, Dual top - as these aren't MY21 options anymore), or the dealer (might not know what they're doing).

If you didn't give them the go-ahead to update your First Edition to the MIC top and/or the dealer didn't make the appropriate update in their system, then your order would have been "99'd" as the roof was no longer a valid MY21 option.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
TBH your dealer screwed you. Did you have the painted hard top or dual tops?
Originally, I had the modular painted hard top but of course this changed based on the challenges Ford had. I hope to find out more information in the next day or two.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I found a worse dealer somehow. They had her FE on 99 priority and now FE scheduling is done so hers isn’t being built.

A45336F4-2D62-47D0-A50E-03D54CA3AE50.jpeg

D0C0B842-0590-4973-BF32-52D7111B178E.jpeg
@Richi I copied this post from another thread this morning. I have no doubt this is exactly what happened to your FE. The dealer had it set as 99 priority which tells the Ford scheduling program to ignore it. This was used for Bronco orders mainly by people waiting for MY22 or MY23. There have been several reports this week, so it looks like Ford is cleaning up the FE orders that were in 99 status. Short answer is your dealer screwed you. I know for a fact dealers were warned multiple times to make sure a FE that wanted to convert to an order needed to be moved from 99 priority.

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are priority code inputs in the Ford ordering system, when the dealer entered your order into the system they assign it a priority code. A priority code 99 means that the order should not be built yet, it is the lowest priority code. If you ordered a mod top or dual top (common on First Edition's) then it is very likely that your priority code was entered or changed to a priority code 99 because Ford announced that those would not be available for MY 21 Broncos. So to get the Bronco as you ordered it would mean that the dealer put your order on priority code 99, where it would stay until Ford announced that the tops are ready for production. At that time they would change the priority code of your order to be built. What we are all trying to figure out is, did the dealer accidentally put your priority code on 99, or did they do it on purpose because of the way you ordered your Bronco.

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"99" is the Priority Code for orders that are to be held off on being built until MY22; either by the reservation holder's choice, the order's details (MOD top, Dual top - as these aren't MY21 options anymore), or the dealer (might not know what they're doing).

If you didn't give them the go-ahead to update your First Edition to the MIC top and/or the dealer didn't make the appropriate update in their system, then your order would have been "99'd" as the roof was no longer a valid MY21 option.
Oh, this makes sense. This may be what has happened and yes, then it would be my dealers fault because I called about this and they told me it would not make any difference for me to make a decision at that time regarding the tops. Then I may be taking action against the dealership. I will dig deeper into this. Thanks again.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope, no vin that I have been told about, and went in two weeks ago. Still pending scheduling from what they say. Even ordered a new truck f450 DRW during that visit. They Fuck up on my bronco, they can lower the price tag of the 450 to free.

Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, this makes sense. This may be what has happened and yes, then it would be my dealers fault because I called about this and they told me it would not make any difference for me to make a decision at that time regarding the tops. Then I may be taking action against the dealership. I will dig deeper into this. Thanks again.
Have them send you the WBDO for your order, that will show the priority code. If they 99'd it then you're likely SOL unless Ford Corporate can do something for you.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you never got any apology gifts from Ford, I doubt they placed the order under your reservation. Did you get the order confirmation email?

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Th
@Richi I copied this post from another thread this morning. I have no doubt this is exactly what happened to your FE. The dealer had it set as 99 priority which tells the Ford scheduling program to ignore it. This was used for Bronco orders mainly by people waiting for MY22 or MY23. There have been several reports this week, so it looks like Ford is cleaning up the FE orders that were in 99 status. Short answer is your dealer screwed you. I know for a fact dealers were warned multiple times to make sure a FE that wanted to convert to an order needed to be moved from 99 priority.
Thank you so much! You may be correct. When I called Ford though, they told me it was still in there but I am certain you are right so the dealer did indeed screw me it seems, now, what is Ford going to do to rectify. I hope they make us whole again somehow as this is the direction Ford required and a promise with funding is a promise. We shall see. Have a great day and I really cannot thank you enough for your guidance.

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you never got any apology gifts from Ford, I doubt they placed the order under your reservation. Did you get the order confirmation email?
Yes, I got all of the order confirmation emails and the emails welcoming me as a proud owner of a First Edition and all of these came from Ford so I am really confused.

OP
OP

Richi

Wildtrak
First Name
Richelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whered you go, I feel bad now and want to help. I need more details. Have you been recieveing emails from ford of updates? Did you choose the painted mod top/dual tops. I’m trying to get the full story so I can advise you properly.
Wow, thank you so much! I ordered from Bluebonnet Ford in Texas. It is starting to feel like it is their fault but I spoke with Ford yesterday and have an order number and they found it in the system still scheduled for a build but I have never received a VIN thus far. I have gotten all of the emails from Ford welcoming me as a First Edition owner and all of the other emails throughout. I do remember my dealer however telling me that I did not need to make any changes regarding the top and just not to expect it until 2022 but I would still get a First Edition, it would just be delayed. If this is what happened to my Bronco, I will be pursuing action against my dealership. I am awaiting a call from Ford and from the dealership. I will keep you posted. Thank you so much again and any advice you can give would be great. I just cannot believe this is happening quite honestly.
Sponsored