Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

Just found this site after playing around with the build site. This will be a surprise for my father. While I have been talking to him about the Bronco and know his lifestyle I am hoping you guys can help me make a couple of decisions.

How will dad be using it? He will mostly daily drive it. Here and there he will take my mom to the beach where you can park your car on the actual beach. He will probably take it on some trails but I am guessing maybe 5 times a year if that.

Right now I am looking at badlands and wildtrak. My dad loves gadgets so the lux is a must. I see you cannot get it on all models.

Here are my questions since I am not a truck/SUV guy.

Engine. If I get the badlands version, based on how he will be using it, is there really a big difference between the 2.3 and 2.7?

Transmission. Same as engine, will he not enjoy it if its the 7 speed vs 10?

He likes the idea of waterproof interior. Am I seeing it right the the BL is the only one where there is no carpet and you can drain water and still have lux package?
Are cloth options also waterproof or only if I get the marine grade seats?

Side question.... I see on BL you cannot have the tube step. I assume its bc it comes with the upgraded bashplates... ??? Will I be able to have someone else add them aftermarket or no? He is older and wants the sasquatch package so I'd like for him to have a tube step.

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your options for the lux would be outer banks or Wildtrak, seeing how you eliminated the BL. Obx comes standard rude steps. Exterior color would depend on the interior you pick. Oxford white, black, iconic silver, goes good with either interior...suggest leather as they look better. Obx has passive drain plugs under the carpet. Put a more aggressive tire on and your good. Comes standard auto too. Obx would be the cheapest option with all you want.

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based upon the info given ?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you want OB with 2.7....but you can't have the vinyl seats.

Sponsored

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Id be happy to adopt you on a temporary basis.....just in case you want another dad so you can buy 2 Broncos. And I already know what I want! I will make you eat your veggies....

OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Id be happy to adopt you on a temporary basis.....just in case you want another dad so you can buy 2 Broncos. And I already know what I want! I will make you eat your veggies....
The more I play around w/ the build the more I want one too now lol

It would be new territory for me and my wife would probably kill me. She already hates my Austin Yellow BMW M4. I can only imagine if I came home w/ an orange Bronco on sasq package.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I play around w/ the build the more I want one too now lol

It would be new territory for me and my wife would probably kill me. She already hates my Austin Yellow BMW M4. I can only imagine if I came home w/ an orange Bronco on sasq package.
I'm swapping out a white BMW wagon. I'm ready to jump back in the off road mix. Colorado is the land of big SUVs and it will feel safer on mountain roads in something a bit more substantial! M4s are nice! I think you should show up w/ the orange Sasquach. She'll love it w the open air and will love the fact that you get less speeding tickets!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Badlands will have Dealer Installed side steps available for the BL.
The standard lower BL rails aren't welded on.
You can change it as you please.

Your first instinct was correct, go BL.
Mod as needs to make perfect.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good for you. Unfortunately when I got to the point in my life where I could afford to buy my dad a new Bronco and pay cash for it, he was too old to drive. I always wanted to give him a new boat and a capable truck/suv for him to pull it with. I wished I could have done that from him. He deserved it. Lost him a year ago.

So I say go all out if you can afford it. I would have done the same if I would have been in that financial position at that point in time.

I would say go for the badlands with 2.7 and 33’s. I would even consider doing the Sasquatch but only if you could add side steps. He will be more proud that his son got him the vehicle than the vehicle itself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for you. Unfortunately when I got to the point in my life where I could afford to buy my dad a new Bronco and pay cash for it, he was too old to drive. I always wanted to give him a new boat and a capable truck/suv for him to pull it with. I wished I could have done that from him. He deserved it. Lost him a year ago.

So I say go all out if you can afford it. I would have done the same if I would have been in that financial position at that point in time.

I would say go for the badlands with 2.7 and 33’s. I would even consider doing the Sasquatch but only if you could add side steps. He will be more proud that his son got him the vehicle than the vehicle itself.
Sorry about your dad :/

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Upon further review: Badlands all day. I didn't realize it has the marine vinyl, you can grab the BFG KO2's! at 33".......just have to spend 50k....but it's all you want.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
He can have the MGV seats in the Badlands.

Get him the 4 door and get the 2 door for yourself or visa versa.

OP
OP
BennyBronco69

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He can have the MGV seats in the Badlands.

Get him the 4 door and get the 2 door for yourself or visa versa.
I might. I really like the graphite so I think I can talk my wife into it since it won't be an, according to her, obnoxious color. At first I was thinking orange and knew she'd def give me shit.

My dad wants that area 51 color.

Skernie

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check these out. they are not cheap, but might be what you're looking for.
Rock Slide I am sure they will have them for the Bronco before we get ours.
Sponsored