First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am copying a post I put on the Sport forum that I only got 1 (negative) post on. Their forum is not near as active as this one so I thought I could get better responses. I am a first 36 hour reservation holder (2 door Badlands) with SAS but who knows when my turn will come... In the meantime I ordered and received a Bronco Sport Outer banks for my daughter as a graduation present. I am trying to trick it up a little prior to giving it to her and have a question. Below is the Sport forum post:

I bought a 2022 Outer banks Sport and installed a Ready Lift leveling kit. The Sport has the optional fender flares so I need some poke. I want to purchase new tires and wheels. OEM are 225/60/18 tires on 7x18 wheels with a 38 offset. I really want the tires to push out 1" to 1 1/4" from stock to fill up the fender flares. If I run a Method MR16 wheel (17x8 with 25 offset) and Falken Wild Peak 245/65/17 tires, will this accomplish the poke I am looking for? I am hoping to not use wheel spacers. I am open to comments or criticism or advise. Thanks for any advise from the "real" Bronco folks.:)

Ford Bronco Need help with a Bronco Sport question Sport
Sponsored

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the tool I used to get an idea of the offset/poke I was targeting. It's fairly accurate and gives you a comparison tab the creates a nice visual. Enter your specs and see if it's a fit for you.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am I reading this right? You have a 225/60/16 on 18” wheels?

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oops. I currently have 18" wheels. Want to go to 17" wheels. I edited post.
If my conversions are correct, sounds like the tires should be almost exactly an inch out from where they are right now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bradyrufenacht

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If my conversions are correct, sounds like the tires should be almost exactly an inch out from where they are right now.
That was my guess as well. Dou see any issues with that from a suspension or caliper clearance standpoint?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd remove the flares (if possible), here in the rust belt every 20 year old vehicle driven by the under 25 crowd, have those on, to cover up the rusted out wheel wells. They are cringe worthy here because of that fact. But that may not be the case in NC.

OP
OP
Bradyrufenacht

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd remove the flares (if possible), here in the rust belt every 20 year old vehicle driven by the under 25 crowd, have those on, to cover up the rusted out wheel wells. They are cringe worthy here because of that fact. But that may not be the case in NC.
She is going to college in SC. They dont even know what road salt is down there :)

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That was my guess as well. Dou see any issues with that from a suspension or caliper clearance standpoint?
I don’t know the bronco sport at all, but I don’t see how you would have any steering/suspension issues, and unless the brakes are much larger than on the bigger broncos, there should be plenty of room to downsize the rim diameter by an inch. The inside edge of the tire should basically be in the same spot, or maybe 1/8-1/4 out. Tire diameter is pretty close to the same.

There are a lot of people here with more expertise than me, but I don’t see any issues.

OP
OP
Bradyrufenacht

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks all and especially CTANDC for the link. Just ordered Fuel Zephyr D633's 17x8.5, 25mm offset with Falken Wild Peak 245/65/17 tires from Patrick at Wheel Zone. I'll post installed pics when they get here. She is going to love them! Back to looking at everyone's full size bronco pics dreaming of the day mine comes in :)
Sponsored