Sponsored

Need help with keypad programming. *UPDATE- All good!

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We ordered the keyless entry keypad and it is stuck on the door, but cannot find where to do the programming. I did go in to the vehicle settings menu and through the lock settings and nothing is there for the keypad. Is it possible the vehicle itself was not programmed when built?

***UPDATE*** Thank you Matt! I found the bag for the system, the code card, and the instructions with the all the crap stuffed in the glove box. Figured it out. Is silly though that instructions are not found elsewhere.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that the keypad requires the dealers touch, I’m unsure if forscan is any help at the moment

Edit: the source of my assumptions have been fuel door install threads, everyone that has purchased the keypad as a DIO get charged an hours time for programming -
It might fit removing the black outer cover. I'd be very curious to see if this "master code" works as no one has been able to get theirs to program on a Ranger. Even Phil who is a retired Ford employee said there's no way to do this without having the dealer install it. His is now a paperweight as he refused to pay another $100 to have it programed. Please let us know if this does work.

Here's one member who went through a whole lot of trouble to do it on his own. It would've been easier to just pay the dealer. lol

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/programming-keypad-yourself.10353/

Last edited:
OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe that the keypad requires the dealers touch, I’m unsure if forscan is any help at the moment
Wouldn't be surprised if they need to do it. Maybe they spent that time to install the front license plate bracket and the door edge guards they sneakily tried to get me to pay for.

Not sure how much I will use it now anyway. Maybe the kids will use it someday when they go to the beach.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't be surprised if they need to do it. Maybe they spent that time to install the front license plate bracket and the door edge guards they sneakily tried to get me to pay for.

Not sure how much I will use it now anyway. Maybe the kids will use it someday when they go to the beach.
Did you order the keypad from the factory or dealer add on?

I was able to easily set my personal code using the instructions with the factory code.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you order the keypad from the factory or dealer add on?

I was able to easily set my personal code using the instructions with the factory code.
I ordered it from the factory. This is the part where I admit that I didn't look in the quick start guides or whatever that packet was. I only checked the digital owners manual. brb

Update: Found the bag, the code card, and instructions. Thanks for the help. Giving myself a timeout.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered it from the factory. This is the part where I admit that I didn't look in the quick start guides or whatever that packet was. I only checked the digital owners manual. brb

Update: Found the bag, the code card, and instructions. Thanks for the help. Giving myself a timeout.
Do you have any tips for programming? I’ve entered the securicode then the 1/2 button, then my code but it never seems to take. I tried searching the settings in the vehicle menu and there’s no “doors & locks” section to program it either.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have any tips for programming? I’ve entered the securicode then the 1/2 button, then my code but it never seems to take. I tried searching the settings in the vehicle menu and there’s no “doors & locks” section to program it either.
I just dug up my instructions. After you enter the factory, it says hold the 1/2 for one second, and it says the 9/0 should flash twice to says it is in programming mode. Does it flash?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just dug up my instructions. After you enter the factory, it says hold the 1/2 for one second, and it says the 9/0 should flash twice to says it is in programming mode. Does it flash?
I got it to do that once. But then when I put in my code nothing happens with the locks.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got it to do that once. But then when I put in my code nothing happens with the locks.
Are you doing 5 of the same number or 5 sequential numbers?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you doing 5 of the same number or 5 sequential numbers?
No. It also seems to pick randomly - sometimes when I start pressing buttons they all light up and the little LED above the 9/0 flashes with each press of a button. Sometimes the buttons stay dark and the little LED still flashes with each button press. Every time I try to set my own code, the little LED flashes twice like it accepts the code, and one time I had the LED and all the bottoms flash twice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No. It also seems to pick randomly - sometimes when I start pressing buttons they all light up and the little LED above the 9/0 flashes with each press of a button. Sometimes the buttons stay dark and the little LED still flashes with each button press. Every time I try to set my own code, the little LED flashes twice like it accepts the code, and one time I had the LED and all the bottoms flash twice.
Well shoot. Mine went thru pretty smooth. Does the fctory code work at least until you can have the dealer check it? I think the factory code will always be active. If it doesn't work then the pad might be bad.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well shoot. Mine went thru pretty smooth. Does the fctory code work at least until you can have the dealer check it? I think the factory code will always be active. If it doesn't work then the pad might be bad.
No joy on the factory code. All I get is blinking response on the keypad itself. I’ve never had the truck respond with lock shifts or blinking lights or anything. I’m thinking that maybe it’s not the right frequency or something.

OP
OP
RyanRallyX

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well that sucks. The pad may be bad or not matched/programmed properly from the factory. I assume you had it on there from factory?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for posting this, I am going to try to make this work next week... So I am hoping that I can make it work too.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that sucks. The pad may be bad or not matched/programmed properly from the factory. I assume you had it on there from factory?
I got it as an afterthought cuz I knew I wanted to place it on the gas door. The dealership told me it was programmed when I picked it up, maybe they switched mine with someone else’s or something. I’ll add it to the list of items I need the dealership to address.
Sponsored