Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi All,
first time posting, but im in need of assistance. I added a 3" Icon Spacer lift, Zone off road upper control arms and 37 inch BFG KO2s on the stock Wildtrak wheels. After I had the lift and tires installed the alignment was slightly off and the steering wheel shook quite a bit. I took it back in and they readjusted the alignment and checked the balancing of the tires. When I got the truck back, it definitely drove better than before the issues, but it still has a shake in the steering wheel a bit. It is not crazy, but it is no where near as tight as it was stock with 35s. My question is, has anyone had this happen to them and if so, what was the cause? Also, maybe i am too new to having 37s on the truck and this is a normal thing, but I havent seen anyone else complaining about this so I am feeling like it is just me.

Thank you in advance for any feedback!

https://iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/17743/icon-accessories-21-up-bronco-3-c-o-spacer-kit/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Low speed or high speed shake? Can you feel it in the vehicle too? Like a vibration? If so what speeds for that?

OP
OP
RPiantedosi

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Low speed or high speed shake? Can you feel it in the vehicle too? Like a vibration? If so what speeds for that?
More higher speeds, I would say over 45 and up. I dont really feel it in the vehicle, mainly steering wheel shake.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have the same tires. Ones I got had some high speed vibration for the first 1000 miles as the center lugs wore even. Sure others will chime in but that’s all I got for it.

OP
OP
RPiantedosi

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t have the same tires. Ones I got had some high speed vibration for the first 1000 miles as the center lugs wore even. Sure others will chime in but that’s all I got for it.
Thanks, Ya, I was thinking the lugs as well. I also don't want to bring it in and throw more money to find out I needed to drive longer on the tires. I would say I am about 3k miles on the tires now.

Sponsored

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would get the alignment checked somehwere else and get the tires road force balanced. If it still shakes after that you need someone to take a look through everything to make sure nothing is loose. It should not shake at all.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, I'm running 37" K02s on OEM WT wheels with factory alignment. Ran smooth and straight without issue. I'd suggest another alignment shop and check the balance of tires again. Watch your tires for wear points / teeth. Good luck....

If everything is new... I don't buy into a break-in time for it to run smooth...

OP
OP
RPiantedosi

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would get the alignment checked somehwere else and get the tires road force balanced. If it still shakes after that you need someone to take a look through everything to make sure nothing is loose. It should not shake at all.
thanks. I’ll start with your suggestions. Hate throwing more money at something i already paid for but I just want it done correctly. Appreciate yoursuggestion

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you did a 3" spacer and didn't do anything to lower the front differential there is a good chance the vibration is coming from the inner plunge joints on the half shafts. A 3" lift will increase the angle of the half shafts quite a bit and the inner joints aren't true CV joints so they will set up a vibration. The vibration should get a little worse under hard acceleration if the half shafts are the cause. That would be due to the front end lifting during acceleration causing the angle to increase.

OP
OP
RPiantedosi

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, I'm running 37" K02s on OEM WT wheels with factory alignment. Ran smooth and straight without issue. I'd suggest another alignment shop and check the balance of tires again. Watch your tires for wear points / teeth. Good luck....

If everything is new... I don't buy into a break-in time for it to run smooth...
the mechanic made a comment about the software on the alignment machine was like 6 months behind and it may be better to take it to ford. I dont know how true that would be.

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the mechanic made a comment about the software on the alignment machine was like 6 months behind and it may be better to take it to ford. I dont know how true that would be.
I dont know how true that would be. - Joke of the year!

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m also on 37’s and 3 1/2” lift no shake. It’s def not normal. On my wife’s Bronco we actually had to have two tires swapped out as they balanced but with 20OZ of weight and shook. After the second time back the balancing and they said the amount of weight needed and it still shook. I said then something is not right if themree tired balance with under 2oz and two dont. They warrantied them out. New tires balanced great and no more shake.

OP
OP
RPiantedosi

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m also on 37’s and 3 1/2” lift no shake. It’s def not normal. On my wife’s Bronco we actually had to have two tires swapped out as they balanced but with 20OZ of weight and shook. After the second time back the balancing and they said the amount of weight needed and it still shook. I said then something is not right if themree tired balance with under 2oz and two dont. They warrantied them out. New tires balanced great and no more shake.
thanks. The current mechanic is telling me the tires are balanced properly. I’ll start with an alignment from somewhere else

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've heard that before. Not sure really what that means. I was with them when we balanced my tires. 37" K02s are a lot of rubber and not very true. We would spin the tire and if the weight set was high, we would pop the bead and spin the tire around a bit then check the balance again till we came up to a reasonable weight for the wheel.

You can try swapping the front and rear wheels and do test drive to see if vibration changes. Keep in mind which tire goes where do to your air press sensors.

OP
OP
RPiantedosi

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've heard that before. Not sure really what that means. I was with them when we balanced my tires. 37" K02s are a lot of rubber and not very true. We would spin the tire and if the weight set was high, we would pop the bead and spin the tire around a bit then check the balance again till we came up to a reasonable weight for the wheel.

You can try swapping the front and rear wheels and do test drive to see if vibration changes. Keep in mind which tire goes where do to your air press sensors.
good call on swapping the fronts and backs for testing. That may be another faster option to start troubleshooting
Sponsored