Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone,

I am looking at different wheel and tire set ups for my bronco base. I am looking at getting a 17in wheel to pair them with Nitto ridge grappler 35 tires. I am worried about how it will affect the ride quality on everyday driving. This will be my daily driver but I like the look of a smaller wheel with a larger tire. Any advice would be great, thank you in advance.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are dozens of options available... it really is a matter of personal preference. Some of the more popular options seem to be made by Method, Icon, or KMC. What you will need is a wheel with a +30 offset or less with a center bore of 93.1mm (or larger) and a 6 x 139.7 (aka: 6 x 5.5) bolt pattern.

I really like Icon Compass wheels... but again... wheels are largely personal preference.

If you are getting 315/70r17 tires, you'll probably want at least a 1" lift... 2" would be better. For 35x12.5 tires... definitely would go for the 2" lift.

---

Also if this will be your everyday driver I personally would get Nitto Recon Grapplers. Will give you a little more everyday on-road driving comfort and help with fuel economy (slightly).

twyoung1975

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 C10, Nissan Versa, Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I kept the steelies on my base and went with 33" tires, I like that look. Very retro, but like was said above, wheels are very much a personal choice

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

35's, I would lift it a bit... One of the simple lifts like Rough County's 2", which is more of a leveling kit than anything. However, I like Method Racings wheels.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put 35s and a 2 inch puck lift on a base and it drove fantastic. The 2.3L motor still had plenty of pep too. Don’t worry, pull the trigger

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The lift is up to you. Unless the Big Bend is lifted compared to the Base, you DO NOT need a lift for 315/70/17s on a the right offset wheel. Crash bars come off that's it. No rub at full lock with the front end flexed. I've owned plenty of 4x4s - and IF we planned on wheeling this one hard - I WOULD likely install Sasquatch coilover / spring setup. But for daily driving, road trips, dirt roads, fire roads, beach and some light trails - I'm great with how it is now.

Now I DID install SAS flares. Everyone who saw it loved the little bit of poke it had with base flares, but we live on a gravel road and rooster tails of mud on the side annoys me - unless I'm wheeling it.
Sponsored